Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the save files GBA games use on SD card. I'm afraid you wont get far. You might be able to extract a save for use in an emulator, but you won't be able to modify the saves AGB_FIRM uses. Looks to have a AESMAC type of thing or something and AGB_FIRM will kill it if you attempt to inject a save/modify it. At least that was what someone told me when I showed them the header of the decrypted save file.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I own actual ambassador games.

Will installing this patched title stop my legit GBA games from booting in OFW?
Yes, patched AGB_FIRM won't start from unmodified sysnand, but you can run them from pasta.

I looked at the save files GBA games use on SD card. I'm afraid you wont get far. You might be able to extract a save for use in an emulator, but you won't be able to modify the saves AGB_FIRM uses. Looks to have a AESMAC type of thing or something and AGB_FIRM will kill it if you attempt to inject a save/modify it. At least that was what someone told me when I showed them the header of the decrypted save file.
Hm unfortunate, might have a look at it out of curiosity but it doesn't sound good. Oh well, I've started playing Guru Logic Champ from the beginning again anyway...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 19885

Looks like Avast is false flagging it just because you chose to pack exe with UPX. :(

EDIT: Even after unpacking with UPX, it still false flags it. :(

That is probably because it is a binary patcher, which often gets flagged by heuristic analysis as suspicious/malware simply because many viruses do the same thing. You will see the same thing with ips2exe created files such as FF2PATCH.EXE and sometimes even patchers like Lunar IPS.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
For those who like perfect banners and looking for font Nintedo using: it can be found and dumped from PS3 dev_flash, name is 'SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF'.
also this is just latin, so what font is used for japanese/chinese/korean titles? :)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I cant find the 0x0004013800000202..

Im on N3DS. What folder is it in?

Or do I have to use the FBI as an CIA to find 0x0004013800000202?

EDIT: Nevermind! Its working :D

Last edited by SLiV3R,

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some clarification. Can we still save at appropriate times in the injected roms? Before I do this, I just want to make sure that I don't need to try keep the system on at all times to avoid starting the game over from the beginning.

Thanks.

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
@Riku can you add a "no save type" setting to the footer generator for games like R-Type III
which have no save type as it says save detection failed and sets it to standard settings

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I found settings that work for games with no save type. This is what I used that got some GBA Player roms to boot. (which also have no save type). This worked on all the 32MB GBA Player roms. (ones that play videos like Pokemon or Sonic X)

This footer is for 32mb roms though. Unfortunately I forgot what save type settings I used. So here's the footer incase it helps figuring that out. (also, adding a feature for opening existing footers with the footer generator might help in this regard)

Attachments

• GBA Player (32MB).zip
    590 bytes · Views: 148

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I found settings that work for games with no save type. This is what I used that got some GBA Player roms to boot. (which also have no save type). This worked on all the 32MB GBA Player roms. (ones that play videos like Pokemon or Sonic X)

This footer is for 32mb roms though. Unfortunately I forgot what save type settings I used. So here's the footer incase it helps figuring that out. (also, adding a feature for opening existing footers with the footer generator might help in this regard)

Thanks Apache Thunder

From the look of it in a hex editor its - sram 128k <v112 config type 1 - at least as far as i can tell anyway, which is starting settings for the ftr generator

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
But what's this, then?
Out of the Karl team, this one seems to be the only one community orientated without personal beliefs and opinions getting in the way. Shame he/she locked their talent into a team.

There is no i in team though and that is fair enough. Good to see from all the previous posts your not a part of the lock up, you just have to support it as that's were the team you work with stand.

There is an old saying, if your going to sell your integrity get a good price, as unless people have short memories you can only sell it once...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have no idea. Japanese font doesn't look like Rodin though.
when i have a little time i will extract some of my jp gba games, and try one of those font analyzer things, i hope they work for jp text.
i want to make some boktai/bokura no taiyou games :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag