• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, did you downgrade via GW? I have only been able to get Pasta to patch sig checks on 4.5, 4.2 (which is what gateway downgrades to) didn't work so if you can upgrade your console to 4.5 via game cart.
im on 4.2 when i downgraded... was just about to start messing with seperate sd card and gateway sysnand to install BBM and pasta mset...u saying the pasta mset doesnt work on 4.2? i have 0 games... anyway for me to ugrade to 4.5 with gateway or something osmehow?

MasterBro10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I want to remove my AGB_FIRM to replace it with the patched one, but when I try to remove it with FBI I get the error that I cannot remove a system title...
Did you delete the system title first? When I removed i on my test 3DS, I went into PastaCFW before doing this. So first, I booted into Pasta, then went into Ninjhax to boot FBI, then deleted AGB_FIRM, and finally installed the patched AGB_FIRM. In easy to understand words.
1.Boot Pasta
2.Boot FBI after booting Pasta
3.Then delete the current AGB_FIRM.
4.Install the patched AGB_FIRM.

Reactions: Margen67

Jasper Peters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you delete the system title first? When I removed i on my test 3DS, I went into PastaCFW before doing this. So first, I booted into Pasta, then went into Ninjhax to boot FBI, then deleted AGB_FIRM, and finally installed the patched AGB_FIRM. In easy to understand words.
1.Boot Pasta
2.Boot FBI after booting Pasta
3.Then delete the current AGB_FIRM.
4.Install the patched AGB_FIRM.
Thats what I tried and it gave the error message of not allowing me to install. And yes any other CIA install works just fine so Pasta has booted correctly.

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
ARGHHHHHH i cant make Leisure Suit Larry GBA ROM

If the ROM isn't exactly 4MB, 8MB, 16MB or 32MB,
you can fill 0x00 at the end of the XXX.gba to make it one.
After that you may use 3ds_simple_gba_conv.exe to convert the GBA rom. That works for me.

Last edited by jmleolgq,
D

Deleted User

Question, did you downgrade via GW? I have only been able to get Pasta to patch sig checks on 4.5, 4.2 (which is what gateway downgrades to) didn't work so if you can upgrade your console to 4.5 via game cart.
Forgot to hold L :P PBT didn't work for me, but pasta Launcher.dat worked!

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know if the AGB_FIRM doesn't support 1024kb Flash v103 saves? We just have the ambassador games to look at, but it stands to reason that when GBA compatability mode was designed by Nintendo, these Pokemon games were taken into account, and it's not like there's a lack of space. You'd have to look where the 3DS checks the GBA mode initialisation parameters to see if there are more than the ones used by the Ambassador games.

Note: ADVANsCEne lists all these Pokemon games as 1024kbit Flash v103.

Just try each option. Metroid Zero Mission save tyê wasn't in the list (SRAM V113), tried the first one, tried to save then reboot to see if the save was still here and it worked.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this works for people who have Gateway 4.5 ? ( I dont own a physical copy of Cubic Ninja)
No, this does not work on gateway according to people who have tried it on this thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, although i suggest it on another SD card since you can't boot emunand in pasta but with another SD card you can more-or-less dual boot (Pasta and Gateway use the same rop loader)
wait, you can? I thought someone said it wasn't possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__