[Release] A9NC - ARM9 Netload Companion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by d0k3, May 2, 2016.

1. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    I thought about not releasing this here at all, cause it will obviously, mainly be useful to devs, not users. Anyway, in the hopes it will be useful, I present you:

A9NC - ARM9 Netload Companion
    Binaries: https://github.com/d0k3/A9NC/releases
    Source code: https://github.com/d0k3/A9NC

What this does:

• Receives a payload, sent from PC, via 3DSlink: "3dslink -a [IP] [payload name]"
    • Stores this payload in /luma/payloads/left_A9NC.bin (overwrites existing)
    • Quick reboots the console on a press of LEFT
    • (you need to keep holding LEFT to boot the payload in Luma3DS)
    This is mainly intended for devs and gives you a quick, convenient way to get your ARM9 payload to a convenient place on your SD card, and then boot into it. It is what I am using for testing of D9 / E9 / GM9 / OTPHelper. To use this in the most convenient way, install the CIA to your home menu.

This can also be used as tutorial code to understand how 3DSlink works, as sample code to include files over Wifi to your project or as a base for a Luma3DS Homemenu Companion. Use it as you wish!

2. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Sweet! Great for developers and regulars too! Thanks for all the amazing stuff @d0k3! I shall test it out!

Minnow and d0k3 like this.
  3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Nice stuff!
    Not a dev, but i like to try out new things :)

4. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    I almost forgot this already has a thread. Anyways, there's a new release, you may check it out at the usual location.

5. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Sounds great, found it buy luck searching for a completely other thing.

As i see its still under development.

@d0k3 : Could you do an german translation for the README or another easy to understand Tutorial for the useage? Would help many people i think.

If you dont want to do it by your self, i can translate it to germany and send the files to you for adding to the README if you give me the ok for this.

Last edited by noX1609, Feb 14, 2017
  6. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Well... the instructions in the readme should be pretty clear, and while there is still some stuff on the wishlist, A9NC works as it should. If anything is unclear, just ask here.

Also, I'm normally against including multiple translations in the readme file, especially for something as simple as A9NC, cause, think about it - if I include a german translation, I'd have to include spanish, french, russian, ..... and I don't want to even start this. I'm not against someone else doing a german language tut, of course.