ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you select and copy the hex values from HashTool without the offsets on the left?
I copied it all to notepad++ and then used this regex to replace with blank --
Code:
@.......:
It gets rid of the unnecessary stuff on the left and you can straight paste it into the hex

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Any idea if it allows drag and drop?

It's supposed to be incredibly user-friendly. I can't say for certain, but probably.

If you want to talk with the developer, maybe PM Gericom about it. He might be able to squeeze in support for easy Virtual Console extraction and injection. Don't take my word for it, though. I'm not him.

Sorry for all the PM's Gericom. I love you.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
247B93345417963307A66C

hope this would help someone understand

No, you need to convert the heximal values to decimal values ;)

What they means is:
aKpIuJZ.jpg

This should be noob friendly enough
Also, don't be a dick to people trying to help you and giving you valuable information. I'm looking at you post 939.

Yes, there's a slight watermark. Deal with it.

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to rebuild RomFS, but the gbc game I injected wont load, I just get "An error has occurred.". Do I have to modify the ROM before I inject it?

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any idea if it allows drag and drop?

That's a nice idea indeed. I had not come up with that, but it should be rather simple to implement.
It's supposed to be incredibly user-friendly. I can't say for certain, but probably.

If you want to talk with the developer, maybe PM Gericom about it. He might be able to squeeze in support for easy Virtual Console extraction and injection. Don't take my word for it, though. I'm not him.

Sorry for all the PM's Gericom. I love you.

I might have a look at the romfs format, to make unpacking and packing possible. (with correct hashes ofc)

Reactions: Huntereb

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a nice idea indeed. I had not come up with that, but it should be rather simple to implement.

I might have a look at the romfs format, to make unpacking and packing possible. (with correct hashes ofc)
romfs generation #19
applestash said:
I'm opening this to explain the issue, and so anyone checking the repo will know when it's sorted (when this is closed)
romfs_gen.c functions do not return correct values
u32 GetFileUTableIndex(romfs_buildctx *ctx, fs_file *file)
u32 GetDirUTableIndex(romfs_buildctx *ctx, fs_dir *dir)
Details:
The romfs filesystem format was mostly RE'd by neimod, with the exception of parts of the romfs header and file/dir "weird_offsets". When a file or directory is "entered" in the romfs by Nintendo's makerom, their entry offset is also recorded in the romfs header. The "weirdoffset" in file/dir entries is actually the value in the romfs header where it's offset is supposed to go. You can trace weird offsets until you reach a file/dir entry with 0xfffffffff for it's weird offset, that entry is the first one to use that offset slot in the romfs header. How Nintendo's makerom "decides" which offset slot in the romfs header to use for each entry is unknown, but it isn't random. The functions listed above "decide" incorrectly which offset slot for a given entry.
https://github.com/3DSGuy/Project_CTR/issues/19
If any one of you manages to figure it out please be sure to submit a Pull Request. :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone else who was having this problem with makerom:
Code:
[CCI ERROR] 'CardDevice: NorFlash' can only be used with save-data sizes: 128K & 512K
[RESULT] Failed to build CCI

applestash has now fixed it on the github.

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
romfs generation #19

https://github.com/3DSGuy/Project_CTR/issues/19
If any one of you manages to figure it out please be sure to submit a Pull Request. :)
For those you looking to rebuild the romfs using the source above is a good place to start that along with the information in this thread should be enough to repack the romfs. As for romfs generation I think I am starting to see a pattern with the weird offsets and I will probably look into romfs generation when I am finished coding my tool.

Current update on my tool here is what I have working:
  • RomFS/NCCH/NCSD unpacking and repacking
  • Re-encryption of NCCH using zero keys
  • The ability to decrypt files using the xorpads created by the ctr decryptor
  • Conforms to the same naming format as ctr decryptor
What I have remaining is:
  • Replacing NCCHs in an NCSD without extraction
I am hoping to have it release ready very soon.
If anyone else has any feature requests or any questions please feel free to PM me.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get very noob friendly Rom injection support where we just open a vc.3ds file drag and drop Rom to add drag and drop top screen banner and then drag and drop icon and then click create? I know at this point it's probably not an easy task but the entire community would be able to enjoy doing something as this instead of a select few people with the knowledge and know how

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1