Homebrew [Release] Hourglass9 - Noob friendly & safe NAND dumper / restorer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just downloaded the shadowtrance version. how do i install this on my A9LH n3dsxl?

place hourglass9.bin in the luma/payloads folder. depending on which version of luma you're using, u may have to add a button (i.e.) down_hourglass9.bin where down needs to be held upon boot up to enter the app. if ur on a later version of luma, this isn't necessary. this is for stable build 6.6 or lower.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by 8BitWonder,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ryccardo

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hourglass9 really serves its purpose well enough that it doesn't NEED another update, imo. It's fine if you need a simple tool, but gm9 is obviously far more feature complete.
Completely agree on that, it doesn't need an update with how well it already works.
I more so wanted to point that fellow towards a tool that could help with rom extraction.

M3T4_N1NJ4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got the latest version. But i dont know how to find the firm file can someone tell me the title of the file so i can install it properly

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The interface for godmode9 SUCKS though... I wish software devs knew how to make a good end-user interface.
Eh. The interface looks complicated to you cause it is a lot more powerful than HourGlass9 or any earlier software.

Besides, there is a scripting system in GodMode9 that's designed to automate common tasks. There are even scripts included to do everything that HourGlass9 did and a lot more. All you have to do is follow the quick installation instructions (just one paragraph) in the readme (that's not included just for shits and giggles). The HOME menu will then provide you with a somewhat familiar interface.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The interface for godmode9 SUCKS though... I wish software devs knew how to make a good end-user interface.
Admitted bias here, but I actually like the interface of GM9. The bias being that I like to have everything right here at my fingertips and I don't need to go through different tools just to do one thing. Plus I just like the layout, there's just something appealing about it for me.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Quantumcat and d0k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo