ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
As I have an anti-piracy stance I don't have any VC roms so I cannot promise this kind of support however I may look into the banner and icon formats and enable easy editing of them as a part of this or a seperate tool (depending on the complexity of the formats and the time I have available).

Gericom said he would look into VC games and being able to replace roms and stuff with his new program, so if he ends up figuring it out before releasing his already amazing program, it won't be a problem.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you know how to build it? I can build ctrtool just fine but makerom is throwing me some errors with NMAKE. ( I want a build which doesn't require additional .dll files)

Sorry I haven't tried building it on Windows, only on Mac. I'm sure someone here can provide an up to date Windows build.

Hey, just for ask, how to i create a RomFS in Makerom? I can't figure out :P
It's not working yet, hopefully someone clever will fix it soon.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
this tool can generate banners and icons
if you manage to create proper banners and icons there is not a lot of work left ;)
I'm finally done with my custom inject. Pokemon TCG for gameboy with custom icons and banners and everything. whoo!
rPa5TmM.jpg

Although I may change the icon to the GB cart icon...

EDIT: apparently, this may already be an actual eshop release. Either way, it's a valuable learning experience.
EDIT: Confirmed eshop release. $6.50, released 20140710.

Reactions: Celice and cearp

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally done with my custom inject. Pokemon TCG for gameboy with custom icons and banners and everything. whoo!

Although I may change the icon to the GB cart icon...

EDIT: apparently, this may already be an actual eshop release. Either way, it's a valuable learning experience.
EDIT: Confirmed eshop release. $6.50, released 20140710.
WE'RE NOT WORTHY

WE'RE NOT WORTHY

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol tricked the mods into deleting something not illegal XD. you don't check the contents of a link before you delete do you ;)

i provide help, and hide link a zip full of dummy files in spoilers, and the post gets deleted without question omg XD

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol tricked the mods into deleting something not illegal XD. you don't check the contents of a link before you delete do you ;)

i provide help, and hide link a zip full of dummy files in spoilers, and the post gets deleted without question omg XD
you could've just uploaded the edited ncchinfo files....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

you provide help, and link a zip full of dummy files, and the post gets deleted without question omg XD
even if it is/was fake, do you think the mods have time to filter through everything and verify everything is legal before they remove it.....much like if i imply something i upload is the rom contents for SSB.....they can either take it down and assume its legit, or think hmmmmm it might be fake so i will leave it there, act first questions later when it comes to copyright crap im afraid or the forum would be full of it with staff having to manually check everything is legal

but for the record im sure even if you dummy out parts of the file leaving the IVFC containers and NCCH structure would still technically be classed as nintendo's work

Reactions: cearp

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you could've just uploaded the edited ncchinfo files....
My tools aren't public-release ready since I lazily threw them together this weekend, but anyone who researches the VOiD ncchinfo.bin format should at least be able to figure it out.

excuse me while i pull a CollosalPokemon on you guys. the ncchinfo.bin was in the link tho :P

edit: but i suppose the keyY for the dlc ncch is technically part of the original dlc data. hmm maybe ol' borzy was right to delete it, sucks to be you guys.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My tools aren't public-release ready since I lazily threw them together this weekend, but anyone who researches the VOiD ncchinfo.bin format should at least be able to figure it out.

excuse me while i pull a CollosalPokemon on you guys. the ncchinfo.bin was in the link tho :P
I don't think so
621cca6a56.png

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

You "tricked" the mods? Looks like the joke's on you...

Reactions: cearp

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of the few of you who have done it care to make a tutorial on how to inject a Rom banner and icon into a vc so us moons.don't have to go through 50+ threads?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, an observation that I have made when injecting GB roms.
Using the Gameboy (not color) versions of Pokemon (generally Blue as base), at 1024kb for the original ROM.

Injecting smaller roms then padding to the full 1024kb with zeros seems to, for me at least, not require the full finished .3ds rom to be further padded to 128mb.
The few that I have tested for personal use, seem to hold true to this. TCG rom is 1024kb and freezes on a black screen if the .3ds file is not padded.

Hope this info helps someone out there.
I'd like to know why this seems to happen though. Why it works for some, but not others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.