ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

D

Deleted User

Im having trouble with the decryption, as it seems the newest version of padgen (the refined version) doesn't work right, it says it opened the ncchinfo.bin then it says its reading it but nothing happens after that, its just stuck on that screen.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Im having trouble with the decryption, as it seems the newest version of padgen (the refined version) doesn't work right, it says it opened the ncchinfo.bin then it says its reading it but nothing happens after that, its just stuck on that screen.

Use another SD card or keep trying.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States

When it sits at that screen for more than two seconds, just turn off the 3DS and try again. I've found that occasionally it can take as many as 10 tries to get it working.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
card 1 still saves to the card, not the sd.
just because of gateway saves them to the card... :) that is why you thought that
Thanks. And the second part? Should we be building as Card1 or Card2?

I ask because I am now having issues building as Card2. I don't think I always was though.

EDIT: apparently all my new issues stem from not padding to 128. My original rom is a freak of nature.

EDIT: Original question still stands, should we be building as Card1 or Card2?

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm just going to ask this as I haven't seen any relevant posts, but is there a simple-to-follow guide on modifying a rom?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm just going to ask this as I haven't seen any relevant posts, but is there a simple-to-follow guide on modifying a rom?
nope....tbh you would be better waiting for some automated tools, right now its all very hexedity and manual....no point making a tutorial for something that will be 10 times easier very soon once the programs have been made

that being said there is plenty of info in this thread to get started on yourself, i would say the last 10 pages would likely have about 90% of the process shared

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nope....tbh you would be better waiting for some automated tools, right now its all very hexedity and manual....no point making a tutorial for something that will be 10 times easier very soon once the programs have been made

that being said there is plenty of info in this thread to get started on yourself, i would say the last 10 pages would likely have about 90% of the process shared
tbh, I like hexediting and manually doing stuff. It's just the fact that the information is spread out that makes me overwhelmed. Oh well, I guess I'll better get reading.

Reactions: robotortoise

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh, I like hexediting and manually doing stuff. It's just the fact that the information is spread out that makes me overwhelmed. Oh well, I guess I'll better get reading.
start with the bigbluebox pokemon VC releases, makes things easier XD

to give you a rough guidline
decrypt rom
edit romFS
fix IVFC(romFS) hashes
rebuild rom

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
start with the bigbluebox pokemon VC releases, makes things easier XD

to give you a rough guidline
decrypt rom
edit romFS
fix IVFC(romFS) hashes
rebuild rom
Okay, yeah, I've got everything but the knowledge needed to fix the hashes. Just needing to fiddle around with VC NES games to complete my documentation of Nintendo's custom format (much much easier to figure out than iNES).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you can inject a nes rom with just the fixed header(TNES) and it still works,
as for IVFC hashes, basically if you run the romfs through ctrtool with the -y option it will give you info on where the IVFC hashes are, the tool i use to generate the fixed hashes isnt mine so i cant share it, but apparently you can use the hashtool in 3dsexplorer......basically you need to fix the hashes for level 2, then level 1, then level0(this is as they over lap so they need to be fixed in reverse order)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wait, did I miss something? Is there a public way to re-encrypt roms?
sort of public....all the info is there you just have to put it all together, i dont think anyone plans to make a tutorial or anything as there is tools underway that will make the process much more automated

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont know if it belongs in this topic, but i still gonna place it here, as it I work this out this tool might help decrypting .cia files:

does somebody know how to set the commonkey for ctrtool? if i use the command:
--commonkey= *commonkey*
it gives me this output:
error: could not open input file!

does anybody know how to do this?

sbJFn5r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if it belongs in this topic, but i still gonna place it here, as it I work this out this tool might help decrypting .cia files:

does somebody know how to set the commonkey for ctrtool? if i use the command:
--commonkey= *commonkey*
it gives me this output:
error: could not open input file!

does anybody know how to do this?

the command to decrypt cia files is:
ctrtool --titlekey=*decryptedtitlekey* --contents=*outfilename* file.cia
You need a recent version of ctrtool for the "--titlekey" option.

To get the decrypted title key, you need to do something like this(must be done on a 3DS):
pastebin.com/tRCNCSkL

If you run the cia through ctrtool("ctrtool file.cia"), it'll display all the info needed to use with the above method("Encrypted Titlekey", "Title ID", "Common Key Index").

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the command to decrypt cia files is:

You need a recent version of ctrtool for the "--titlekey" option.

To get the decrypted title key, you need to do something like this(must be done on a 3DS):
pastebin.com/tRCNCSkL

If you run the cia through ctrtool("ctrtool file.cia"), it'll display all the info needed to use with the above method("Encrypted Titlekey", "Title ID", "Common Key Index").
I can be completely off, but i don't think this is completely correct.
for .cia decryption you create an encrypted title id with the 3ds commonkey (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.