XP
Country
After selecting the stages folder it gives me this log:

QUOTE said:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "reggie.py", line 8458, in
File "reggie.py", line 8410, in main
File "reggie.py", line 140, in SetGamePath
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd1' in position 27: ordinal not in range(128)

The stages folder have the structure that treeki said (some .arc level and the texture folder)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help and thanks again for this wonderful app

PD: sorry for my englis
unsure.gif

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
tolomeo said:
After selecting the stages folder it gives me this log:

QUOTE said:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "reggie.py", line 8458, in
File "reggie.py", line 8410, in main
File "reggie.py", line 140, in SetGamePath
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd1' in position 27: ordinal not in range(128)

The stages folder have the structure that treeki said (some .arc level and the texture folder)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help and thanks again for this wonderful app

PD: sorry for my englis
unsure.gif
Encoding bugs
frown.gif
Try putting the folder into a path that doesn't contain any special/accented characters for now.

I'll try and fix it for the next release, but putting it into a normal ascii path should work.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
pepxl said:
so much for a bugless release
wink2.gif
but still great work Treeki
Yeah, it just so happens that none of the testers tried using a non-ASCII path
frown.gif
Python 2.x sucks at unicode handling.

In any case, I've fixed it for the next release! Unicode filenames should work in it.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
TempusC said:
The help files were made a couple weeks ago, and we made the dumper just recently as a better alternative. Yeah, you can do it if you like. The staff and developers of the Reggie team are just gonna point you to the dumper though. The dumper is easier for those who have never done this stuff, and no one needs to download anything illegal to use it, which some people might appreciate.

And WiiScrubber can extract multiple files >.>

How do you extract multiple files with WiiScrubber then?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
pepxl said:
so much for a bugless release
wink2.gif
but still great work Treeki
LMFAO. Oh the irony.

anyways, yeah, wiiscubber 1.4 doesn't allow to extract multiple files or full directories. I'm burning a copy of NSMBW so I can get the files without extracting each one individually.

just extract an unencrypted partition but select "extract" not save, it then extracts all files and folder apart from

apploader.img
bi2.bin
boot.bin
cert.bin
fst.bin
h3.bin
ticket.bin
tmd.bin

Maybe add or take a few but you only need to manually extract a few if needed

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiScrubber DOES allow to dump multiple files at once, but not with an option you expect it. Oh and you need to extract all files anyways if you plan to use this with a backup somehow.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
So, let me get this straight, you guys rush us to release it as fast as possible, you find one tiny bug that none of us have encountered, and you think that's ironic?

WeirdEars

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just downloaded it and it looks good so far! I haven't really got to grips with the features yet, but from what I've seen, it looks very easy to use.

As for using it with backups, I would imagine it would be a case of replacing the original stage file with the new one, but I'm guessing it's not as simple as that.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
DeadlyFoez said:
Umm, yes I do think it's ironic. If you dont see how it is ironic then I am sorry.

The irony is that it was wanted to be kept to just the coders and testers so you guys could find all the bugs, now that it been released a noob found a bug within the first few hours of the release. As to what I was saying all the time in the past is if you guys were to allow the general public to play with it then more bugs could have been found sooner.
What OS do you use? Vista must really have disappointed you. Several years to release and be tested by MS and it couldn't even copy files properly.

Maybe what.. 5% of users or less will find this bug? It occurs under conditions which none of the testers have (level is in path with non-ASCII characters) and nowhere else.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I could extract the needed files fine with wiiscrubber
The only thing is that I had to extract the whole partition instead of just the needed stage folder :|

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could some people here please stop bitching against the developers? They did a great job and all you can do is complain about a tiny bug that was fixed in a very short time?

If the developers decided to keep the editor to a closed user group until they thought it's ready, then you have to accept that. It's not like you are paying them or whatever, just be happy and use it now.

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

First of all, Thanks a lot for releasing your great editor! I got it all working now:D very, very impressive!

except the following thing happens. I created a short level just for test. Now I've replaced the 1-1.arc iso file inside the iso with my 1-1.arc file.
When loading it in usb-loader the game starts, shows the white wii strap screen then tells you to hold your wii mote sideways(so far so good:P) but after that, the screen stays black.

Just downloaded one of the levels from the filedepot, used that instead of my own level, to test the same thing, but still same effect. seems it doesn't work wit usb loader. Or maybe I'm overlooking a simple thing?

EDIT : I know this is just my first post, but I've been a visitor here regularly since 2007 XD

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
boekeboekeboeh said:
Hello,

First of all, Thanks a lot for releasing your great editor! I got it all working now:D very, very impressive!

except the following thing happens. I created a short level just for test. Now I've replaced the 1-1.arc iso file inside the iso with my 1-1.arc file.
When loading it in usb-loader the game starts, shows the white wii strap screen then tells you to hold your wii mote sideways(so far so good:P) but after that, the screen stays black.

Just downloaded one of the levels from the filedepot, used that instead of my own level, to test the same thing, but still same effect. seems it doesn't work wit usb loader. Or maybe I'm overlooking a simple thing?

EDIT : I know this is just my first post, but I've been a visitor here regularly since 2007 XD

Good job at proving once again we're right about USB loading not working!
biggrin.gif

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
boekeboekeboeh said:

Reggie! doesn't support USB loaders - Riivolution is our officially supported method, which only works with discs due to its design.

NSMBW has had issues with level modding through USB loaders since the start - we don't know why, and we don't feel the need to figure out the issue (it's not caused by Reggie).

Try using Tanooki or Leiji Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.