Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
I would also prefer Python...some Love for the Linux/Mac Users, you know
wink.gif
? Because I have only Ubuntu as an OS, and would love to make some custom Levels...

Well, in the end, we'll see what it will be...
I hear ya.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Blue-K said:
Omega Knight said:
Xane said:
Oh please not python, what's wrong with using Java instead, when aiming for crossplatform compatibility?
It seems you were working with C# before...

Python is a wonderful language. Anyone whose used it can vouch for it. It's also really crossplatform, if you want to to work using Java, you should check Jython out, or a Java VM for PyPy.

wink.gif
? Because I have only Ubuntu as an OS, and would love to make some custom Levels...

I'm not planning to switch to anything else. I'm quite happy with Python - it works great and there are already Wii libraries for it. Python Reggie is currently less than 1k lines of code for something that can fully load and render levels, with basic/incomplete editing facilities.

I wanted to take a screenshot of Reggie running natively on Ubuntu, but my version is outdated (8.04, and it's a VirtualBox VM - I don't have it on this computer) so I'll download 9.10 and show one off soon.

QUOTE(mooseknuckle2000 @ Nov 22 2009, 09:45 PM)
we need some Beta love.. *hint hint*
No, I'm not going to release an incomplete app.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
Blue-K said:
Omega Knight said:
Xane said:
Oh please not python, what's wrong with using Java instead, when aiming for crossplatform compatibility?
It seems you were working with C# before...

Python is a wonderful language. Anyone whose used it can vouch for it. It's also really crossplatform, if you want to to work using Java, you should check Jython out, or a Java VM for PyPy.

wink.gif

I'm not planning to switch to anything else. I'm quite happy with Python - it works great and there are already Wii libraries for it. Python Reggie is currently less than 1k lines of code for something that can fully load and render levels, with basic/incomplete editing facilities.

I wanted to take a screenshot of Reggie running natively on Ubuntu, but my version is outdated (8.04, and it's a VirtualBox VM - I don't have it on this computer) so I'll download 9.10 and show one off soon.

QUOTE(mooseknuckle2000 @ Nov 22 2009, 09:45 PM)
we need some Beta love.. *hint hint*
No, I'm not going to release an incomplete app.
understandable. I can wait...barely. It's looking awesome.

sasaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
Is it possible to implement (like the DS one) where you just open the ISO, and it gives you a list of the levels (1-1, 1-2, 1-Tower, etc.) that are in the ISO, instead of ripping it apart every time you want to edit a level?
QUOTE(FirePhoenix @ Nov 22 2009, 08:52 PM) That's how the editor already works. Just hit Open and a list of level names pops up. You can also open them by file name (ex. 01-01.arc) if you want.
SWEET !!!
gotto love the homebrew community
tongue.gif

I also think that custum levels can't be illigal but i may be rong.

BTW:
Will there be a 64bit edition? (not really important i can always use my (crappy)laptop)

Keep it up !

span

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im patiently awaiting Reggie, keeping busy looking through all the Super Mario World Level Maps,
oganising how to re-create the levels as close as possible, should all be pretty much do-able, from
what I understand of Reggie, will find out more when the editors out though.
Trying to get a team together aswell, as It will be quite a big task.

Also no need to rush out a un-finished buggy beta, take your time guys, it's going to be worth it!

A few people have asked me for a New Super Mario World HQ WiiFlow Cover,
did this quickly in Photoshop, hope it's ok? Still need to add pics & credits at a later date.

Get it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/310859994/NSMW_WiiFlow.rar

NSMW_WiiFlow.png

Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lookin' good. Can't wait for this. Is there any way you can use your art and make one just saying: New Super Mario Bros. *Custom*?

RainbowIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, for those of us who may be thinking of working on a "sequel" to NSMBW more than a "remake", how's about actually starting a new thread on the subject? Just to get the ball rolling, ideas flowing in the meantime?

Title, World Themes, etc? Gauge some shows of interest?

For example, I thought it would be a great idea to re-introduce Tiny-Huge Island (or some other Tiny-Huge themed world) because we have lots of sprites and objects that are the same only different sizes, for example:

Mini Mario - Normal Mario
Mini pipe - Normal pipe
Normal piranha plant - Large piranha plant
Micro goombas - normal goombas
Normal [?] block - larger [?] block (usually floating on water?)
Koopa Troopa - Hammer/Fire/Ice Bros. (all large sized)
Dry Bones - Large Dry Bones
Different sized thwomps
Normal bullet bill - Large bullet bill - MASSSSIVVEEE bullet bill (hint: final level of the game =P)
I think there's some other examples, and that's not including just general level design changing sizes

So yeah, that's one idea, if we want to come up with new and unique "retellings" of familiar worlds. There could even be doors that switch between the two just like SMB3, but again, I don't particularly wish to "copy" ideas from earlier games. Is it possible to change the size/attributes of certain sprites/models, such as doors or whatever? Anyway, not a big deal, just brainstorming.

8 world ideas I can think of for now:

1. Yoshi's Island
2. Tiny-Huge (Mountain, rather than Island, perhaps?)
3. Some sort of Penguin/Antarctic world, maybe an freezing sea full of floating icebergs?
4. A 'Pipe Maze'-style world, or perhaps even a world that's a sewers system, full of jungly overgrowth and piranha plants and dark/water elements
5. Pure Ghost/Boo (like, "Boo's Graveyard" or a world entirely set within a Ghost Mansion, kinda Luigi's Mansion-esque)
6. Outer Space, although obviously there are no specific assets yet for this. How difficult would it be to create aesthetically similar layered backdrops for totally different world concepts? Just an idea.
7. Catacombs (like, a world where you go from the 'planet' surface through a network of underground catacombs down to the core of the 'planet' type thing?)
8. Bowser's World could be the actual "core" of the planet, as in, leading directly from the Catacombs world.

Just thinking of ways to incorporate most of the NSMBW tilesets and other stuff in new ways, while also re-imagining some of the past worlds you'd find in a Mario game.

Thoughts??
smile.gif

ffdgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and world 9 can be star world and the special world in one lolz for a grand total of 13 stages, heck throw in *rainbow* tower and *rainbow* castle for the ultimate challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...