FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can edit the moving rotating red blocks, we just haven't determined their sprite data yet. Should be a simple enough task if they act anything like the stationary red blocks.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, if I'm booting from USB, is there any way to distinguish this custom iso from the original (differnt gameID) so I can have multiple customs which would be selectable? I guess I could always get the NTSC-J, PAL, & NTSC-U versions and make customs from those so I would at least have a couple to select from... Also, would we scrub these new levels into a patched ISO or the clean one?

FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
You cannot have multiple copies unless you give them different title IDs. It's not a big problem for me since it's just a matter of having a backup of the original (in my case, the retail copy of the game) but if you have nothing else, you basically will have to take ISOs on and off depending on what game you want to play. Save data doesn't matter though. My complete save file is fully compatible with my custom iso.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are ways of changing the title ID of a Wii game, at least you can for GH3 customs if you use GHOST.

ffdgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm would it be possible to add water and lava? ....and that weird smog on world 8-1 to make insane race against time levels?

Sixfortyfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to say thanks to the programmer(s) working on this tool. I've 100%ed NSMBW in both solo and 4-player and really want to take a crack at this when it's released. Most of the questions I had have already been answered in this thread, but I have two more:

1) Will there be any sort of item property edit function provided? I'm thinking of creating some levels from SMB2J (Lost Levels), but some of them won't work 1:1 without the green spring (same as a normal spring except that it launches you much, much higher).

2) Sort of OT, but does anybody know of any place on the web to find maps of levels from classic Mario games for easy reference? I know that porting old levels isn't exactly the most creative use of an editor like this, but I really want to see how some of them would hold up in a 4-player setting. EDIT: After some Googling, I did find this site, which seems to have almost all the ones I need. SMB2J's section is just missing worlds B through D.

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the guys that wanted to remake super mario world

fotovp.jpg

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Vibestar said:
Just for the guys that wanted to remake super mario world

fotovp.jpg

So you can edit the title screen with the editor too?

How about the font and the little dialogue boxes?

Xane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
skawo96 said:
So you can edit the title screen with the editor too?

How about the font and the little dialogue boxes?
Not possible with the editor, he did it by himself.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention.. since you can't edit the overworld yet, you can just edit the small thumbnails in the FreeForAll / CoinBattle modes.

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sixfortyfive said:
I'd just like to say thanks to the programmer(s) working on this tool. I've 100%ed NSMBW in both solo and 4-player and really want to take a crack at this when it's released. Most of the questions I had have already been answered in this thread, but I have two more:

1) Will there be any sort of item property edit function provided? I'm thinking of creating some levels from SMB2J (Lost Levels), but some of them won't work 1:1 without the green spring (same as a normal spring except that it launches you much, much higher).

2) Sort of OT, but does anybody know of any place on the web to find maps of levels from classic Mario games for easy reference? I know that porting old levels isn't exactly the most creative use of an editor like this, but I really want to see how some of them would hold up in a 4-player setting. EDIT: After some Googling, I did find this site, which seems to have almost all the ones I need. SMB2J's section is just missing worlds B through D.

QUOTE(span @ Nov 20 2009, 07:22 AM) Super Mario World Stage Maps can be found here: http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/

Carnt wait for a release on Reggie
biggrin.gif

Yeah, what he said. http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/NES/index.htm#SuperMarioBros2J has all of them

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
http://crediar.no-ip.com/w1.jpg

overworld just seems to be a huge 3D model

Yea, more or less. It was the same with NSMB DS. Hence why we're cautious about saying there will be complete map editing at all. We'd need to introduce a kind of flat land model and custom textures would need to be applied etc etc... It's possible, yes, but it's not something we're pursuing at great lengths at the moment.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm just curious - can the levels from New Super Mario Bros. DS be ported to New Super Mario Bros. Wii?
I'm just curious, because I reckon it'd be a lot more fun with some real co-op going on.

Also, are there plans for custom power ups, enemies and sprites?

RainbowIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
he means it's already been done in smw using lunar magic but so what if you want to do it than do it.
Fair enough, I never played that particular hack. I guess it's going to be really hard to come up with TRULY original ideas without resorting to wacky random mishmashes. The game always felt like it had presented a gameplay mechanic, then soon after explored it once more that made you go "ah-hah! of course, that's clever". We need to capture the "oh wow, now THAT is a clever extension of that mechanic" feeling. Or at least, I intend to, rather than simply making one of a plethora of New Super Mario Bros Wii: Frustrations.

I also think at some point people should team up in creating a full sequel, perhaps one person per world, etc. It's always a shame when vast projects wind up too big for one person to finish. Perhaps a sub-forum somewhere where it's just a massive ideas/brainstorming hub and the key designers get to work molding together a really sharp, well crafted sequel. Just some thoughts.

Tanks said:
QUOTE(SanGor @ Nov 20 2009, 07:38 AM) http://crediar.no-ip.com/w1.jpg

overworld just seems to be a huge 3D model

Yea, more or less. It was the same with NSMB DS. Hence why we're cautious about saying there will be complete map editing at all. We'd need to introduce a kind of flat land model and custom textures would need to be applied etc etc... It's possible, yes, but it's not something we're pursuing at great lengths at the moment.
While the "thumbnail" map selection approach is by far and away sufficient for the moment, the prospect of a carefully structured 3D map editor is mind blowing!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu