Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
span said:
Cheers mooseknuckle2000 m8, did it quickly in Photoshop!
Yeah carnt wait for Reggie...
I think it may be a bit cluttered... simply remove the Chain Chomp perhaps? Oh, and the cover should be green (well, in the picture, the part where the Wii logo drops down) heh
biggrin.gif
Other than that, fantastic work.

On a related note, is the name "New Super Mario World" going to be reserved for a direct remake of SMW? Besides not particularly seeing the point of remaking SMW's levels myself, I thought that name would be perfect for an actual community-created sequel to NSMBW. I'm just anticipating a lot of bitching about publicly named level sets.

FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
Remaking SMW would be a staggering feat because so many enemies and sprites ARE NOT in NSMBWii. It has a lot but not everything. Basic stage layouts wouldn't be hard for the most part but anything sprite related will be tough.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
FirePhoenix said:
Remaking SMW would be a staggering feat because so many enemies and sprites ARE NOT in NSMBWii. It has a lot but not everything. Basic stage layouts wouldn't be hard for the most part but anything sprite related will be tough.
You see, this is where the word "new" comes in.

dictionary.comnew??[noo, nyoo] -er, -est, adverb, noun
–adjective
1. of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
2. of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time; novel: a new concept of the universe.
3. having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
4. unfamiliar or strange (often fol. by to): ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
5. having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
6. unaccustomed (usually fol. by to): people new to such work.
7. coming or occurring afresh; further; additional: new gains.
8. fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
9. (of physical or moral qualities) different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
10. other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
11. being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.

I hope this clears it up. Feel free to ask is you have any questions.
smile.gif

Please tell me this editor can edit the section the characters walk on durring the title screen. It would be great adding ramps and stuff.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
FirePhoenix said:
I can't think of many missing enemies:

Chargin' Chuck (can be replaced with Boo-puncher)
Super Koopa (can be replaced with Crows)
Dolphins (Could be replaced with these Parabuzzies from 7something)
Mega Moles - well, there is a problem with this one...yeah...

But, even though it would be very nice to play a Newgraphics SMW, we should try our best to make an all new Mario game, instead of remaking.

RainbowIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
But, even though it would be very nice to play a Newgraphics SMW, we should try our best to make an all new Mario game, instead of remaking.
I agree. I reckon people who agree to maintaining a certain professional quality of aesthetic (in other words, a convincing extension of the game as though the EAD Tokyo designers were behind it), should band together and work on... I dunno... anywhere from like 3 to 12 levels each or whatever, but then even have an option for random people to submit either a) worded/described level ideas or b) complete or partially completed levels of their own and a team of upper level designers ("producers" if you will) can incorporate the best of them carefully into the final level set.

Of course there should ideally be a period beforehand where the community develops and people can practice making levels and uploading them, and hell, some people will want to just do their own full game without any community collaboration, but the good quality ones so often never reach completion because of the enormity of the task.

I could also write original tunes and remixes for the game as well.

But then, I'm rushing ahead of things here again aren't I? =P Just generating some forward-thinking ideas/discussion anyhow.

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree on that.
So the things we can come up with for now are sheets for the new levels and maybe come up with a new name.
We can use the sprites from older games to think of a nice and good playable level design. We can look up older levels to get some ideas.
I already tried to dig into the art and 3d modeling inside the game but couldn't replace the textures. I can't repack the models.
Don't know if some of you have used to texture Smash Bros Brawl??? I could use some help with this project.
Also tried to change some music files but hit the wall there to.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im so in on working on a new game entirely, i dont wanna play a remake, we need to get creative and aim for the best level design anybody has ever seen

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Satangel said:
How can we play these new levels on our Wii's?
It would be great if you could just put them on your SD/USB HDD and run them via that.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=192163

So, yeah...no problem, there are enough possibilites now...(including TranslatIOS, and the one that this Team is working on). I think this is all heading to a perfect Way for custom Levels..can't wait
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
Satangel said:
How can we play these new levels on our Wii's?
It would be great if you could just put them on your SD/USB HDD and run them via that.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=192163

So, yeah...no problem, there are enough possibilites now...(including TranslatIOS, and the one that this Team is working on). I think this is all heading to a perfect Way for custom Levels..can't wait
smile.gif

Awesome, thanks!

richdog567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
span said:
Lots of options for playing Modded Levels now, looking pretty good.
Defiently need some brand new stage designs, still gonna have a go at a Mario World Remake aswell though.

Here some more covers/logo for SMW Remake:

http://rapidshare.com/files/310163103/NSMW_Art.rar

NORMAL_FRNT.png
NSMWXX.png
NSMW_DISC.png

NSMW_Logo.png

Kind Regards, SPAN...
Wow, nice job... this will be great when Reggie! is finally released! and people start re-making SMW
Maybe you should try making another one for the community-based project everyone keeps talking about?
Lol... I have no idea what to name this new community-project though...

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I guess a lot of people are going to make custom NSMBWii with this, we can expect a remake of super Mario World and maybe Super Marios bros 1/lost levels/3

Though it would be even better with a world map editor
bow.gif

richdog567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taik said:
I guess a lot of people are going to make custom NSMBWii with this, we can expect a remake of super Mario World and maybe Super Marios bros 1/lost levels/3

bow.gif

Yes, a map editor will be great, if there is one... but I can wait for that!
I keep checking this topic every 30 minutes or so to see if it has been released... lol
tongue.gif

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
richdog567 said:
Taik said:

bow.gif

Yes, a map editor will be great, if there is one... but I can wait for that!
I keep checking this topic every 30 minutes or so to see if it has been released... lol
tongue.gif

same here dude, i check this in the morning before i go to work and again when i get home. ive found its easier to wait by drawing out concepts on paper for the levels i will make. that way i will have a lot of concepts ready when Reggie! arrives

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Stop making comments like "OMG u r god cant w8 omg lulz !!11!!!!!1!!", instead Just draw your levels on a paper and then you'll have a lot of things to do when Reggie! comes out...
Motherbrainsbrain gave me that awesome idea

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Motherbrainsbrain said:
same here dude, i check this in the morning before i go to work and again when i get home. ive found its easier to wait by drawing out concepts on paper for the levels i will make. that way i will have a lot of concepts ready when Reggie! arrives
Haha, and I thought I was the only one doing so seeing as this topic grows :].
I wonder if the awesome-on-paper-concepts will turn into awesome-in-the-game-levels once they'll get made.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rashef said:
Motherbrainsbrain said:
Haha, and I thought I was the only one doing so seeing as this topic grows :].
I wonder if the awesome-on-paper-concepts will turn into awesome-in-the-game-levels once they'll get made.

Yeah, i'm sure they will require a lot of testing to get distances right and what not. A lot of my ideas so far are elaborations on stuff we've already seen in other marios. someone posted this link earlier http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/ , it has the layouts to all the mario levels, which is a useful for inspiration. My favorite levels in the mario games are the ones that you can run through, but also need fine precision to pull them off. I want my levels to have that flow, and also i like to make levels that would be hard, but have secrets to them, ala SMB3, different paths, a hidden power up for specific challenge. I thought they were too liberal in nsmb wii with power up handouts. Also i'm really looking forward to designing some cool star coin challenges. This is where the real fun for me is. Im considering doing 3 part levels, 3 challenges for the coins, maybe even some puzzles, nothing too intricate mind you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.