Not open for further replies.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Tagg7 said:
Have you guys found that there's a limit to the number of objects you can place before slowdown occurs? I would assume that no matter how well coded it is, after there's a certain amount of stuff onscreen the framerate will drop.
I have no way to test this out since I'm using an emulator for modded levels, where slowdown happens even with the standard game - but I don't think there should be too many problems; the Wii is pretty powerful.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Trinity said:
Man I wish I know how to code and stuff.

This is awesome. Thanks for the hardwork. Cant wait to try it out!
gbasp.gif

EDIT: Hey how did you leap off Yoshi?

Shake the remote...

Posts merged

Tanks said:
QUOTE(jceggbert5 @ Nov 17 2009, 08:53 PM) Hmm... My IPS patch doesn't work
hate2.gif
. Does anyone know how to make an IPS patch? (SmartIPS didn't work, game crashed on load). Or, is it legal to distribute the *.nml files? (from Treeki's NSMBe 4.7)

You can distribute the .nml files legally, but ahy are you posting this here? Also, this isn't really new since I made SMB 1-1 ages ago back when I was working on NRMB.

(edited out video)

This was when I went to test the latest version of No$GBA for sound support.

Did you guys ever finish NRMB?

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is simply amazing. I cannot wait to see when this is released! Do you think there would be possible to add power ups, such as Racoon Mario? SMW hacks have done things like this and adding custom power ups... So I would like to think it could be pulled off eventually, since it was mentioned that "this is -the- most flexible Mario game for hacking yet".

But anyway, great job on this guys! =)

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
Sonicandtails said:
jceggbert5 said:
No
frown.gif

Sorry about that... What kind of trouble were/are you guys having in 1-2 again?
It was one thing after another. We eventually got everything working up until 1-4 where we realized we'd have to instance Bowser off in his own room which sucked, so we put it off and just never got back to working on it.

jceggbert5

Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
jceggbert5 said:
Sonicandtails said:
jceggbert5 said:
No
frown.gif

Sorry about that... What kind of trouble were/are you guys having in 1-2 again?
It was one thing after another. We eventually got everything working up until 1-4 where we realized we'd have to instance Bowser off in his own room which sucked, so we put it off and just never got back to working on it.

Well, what I would do is leave him in his own room and make bullet bills shoot from out-of-nowhere after you get halfway through the level... as a substitute to the fireballs.

Although, NSMBWii will probably become NRMBWii for you guys...

Is there any chance that I can have the nml of area 3 of 1-1 (underground bonus area) from NRMB please? If not, that's OK, but I'm working on my own NRMB. (not trying to steal your thunder, though)

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work, without messing with the camera/view stuff.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
Have you guys found that there's a limit to the number of objects you can place before slowdown occurs? I would assume that no matter how well coded it is, after there's a certain amount of stuff onscreen the framerate will drop.

i changed all the the coins and blocks in 1-2 to koopa troopers so there was like 70 in a small area and there was no slowdown whatsoever. i dont think theres gonna be much of a problem, good old wii

EvilHeadBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would anyone be interested in adding to the iso and making a new one, like new worlds, new items and maybe new characters. And enhance some things like the option for P1 to choose their character? I am willing to start this off, mostly because adding worlds and playing as luigi is something I would love

FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I'm FirePhoenix and I'm helping out Treeki with Reggie! in terms of beta testing and determining sprite data. I'd like to give you all another look at a custom level created by me to help detail how flexible NSMBWii is as a Mario game.

I'm also at work on another level that isn't a remake to continue testing various thing in the engine. Don't know how much you'll be hearing from me since I'm not really involved on the coding side of things at all, but I'll be reading and watching things here even if I'm not posting.

boxcarnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great going Treeki this is going Wonderfully!

By the levels i have seen so far it seems pretty smooth and that is huge in itself, FirePhoenix making the first level in Super wario world? hehe nice

I only hope that the changing screens like using pipes are not hard to code, as well as doors and hidden entries like the sand entry parts in world 2 or jumping up and discovering new areas.

good luck and thank you!

jceggbert5

Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
boxcarnathan said:
Great going Treeki this is going Wonderfully!

By the levels i have seen so far it seems pretty smooth and that is huge in itself, FirePhoenix making the first level in Super wario world? hehe nice

I only hope that the changing screens like using pipes are not hard to code, as well as doors and hidden entries like the sand entry parts in world 2 or jumping up and discovering new areas.

good luck and thank you!

Second, actually...

FirePhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smwcentral.net
XP
Country
United States
Maxoxpower said:
wow i really want to try that editor! how long it took to create this level?
It took about...5 hours total? Not long at all but that was because I had Lunar Magic open to help me know where to place things. For the level I'm making from scratch it's taking longer. I'm not even at the midpoint yet and it's taken about 3 hours.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program is looking simply fantastic. I know a lot of people here are asking when you'll release the program, but I'd say don't worry about them. We can all wait, and I'm sure most folks would rather have something stable that has been well tested rather than something with a lot of bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food