kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
A lot of work to be scanning the values of the items in each ARC files separately...
For example, I am trying to find the hexadecimal global value of an item, so could always get a Yoshi where would that leave a mushroom at all stages, it would be interesting (especially to observe the behavior when the game automatically controls the characters).

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
One suggestion: If possible, implement an editor in order to play with any of the characters in the game, even the enemies, it would be really interesting ... have to see the titles: "New Super Koopa Bros", "New Super Bowser World", "New Super Yoshi Island" Lmao, there are many possibilities!

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyoko_sayuri said:
Has anyone found a ripper tool to extracts textures?
The textures are in the ARC files or ARC files contains only the coordinates for the textures?
Their release to the stages (01-01.arc, etc.) contains only the coordinates...
Weel, for now I'm doing my tests using hex editor, I found were the hex values of some items in the archives relating to the ARC stages, but I could not even find the file that contains the global hex value item.
you can check out Wart to keep you busy with editing tilesets
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195501
also, if you are interested in researching hex values, you can check out the "Tanooki Community Indexing" thread. Lastly, please use your EDIT button as opposed to triple posting.

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mooseknuckle2000 said:
kyoko_sayuri said:
Has anyone found a ripper tool to extracts textures?
The textures are in the ARC files or ARC files contains only the coordinates for the textures?
Their release to the stages (01-01.arc, etc.) contains only the coordinates...
Weel, for now I'm doing my tests using hex editor, I found were the hex values of some items in the archives relating to the ARC stages, but I could not even find the file that contains the global hex value item.
you can check out Wart to keep you busy with editing tilesets
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195501
also, if you are interested in researching hex values, you can check out the "Tanooki Community Indexing" thread. Lastly, please use your EDIT button as opposed to triple posting.

Very cool!
Thanks for the link and sorry for the triple post, in the next time I use the EDIT button, sorry.
I'm trying to delete my posts and insert them in the first three but I can not delete, as I do?
Wow! Tanooki will help me a lot! I did not know
happy.gif

Thanks!

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
mooseknuckle2000 said:
it's no problem. Just a heads up for next time.
wink.gif

EDIT: Also, here's a link to the Tanooki Community Indexing thread on Game-Hackers.
http://game-hackers.com/showthread.php?232...ty-Index-Thread
I'm sure Reggie! has something like this going, but I'm not sure where to find that and this thread seems to have a lot of valuable info.
We do have a far more comprehensive list (covering sprite properties and such) but it's private, not public.

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mooseknuckle2000 said:
wink.gif

EDIT: Also, here's a link to the Tanooki Community Indexing thread on Game-Hackers.
I'm sure Reggie! has something like this going, but I'm not sure where to find that and this thread seems to have a lot of valuable info.

I opened a few stages with the Tanooki, very interesting this editor!
I see he has all the values concerning haxadecimais items ...
But this list of hex is the link that will help a lot! It has valuable information there:
Thanks, enjoyed!

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
wink.gif

We do have a far more comprehensive list (covering sprite properties and such) but it's private, not public.
I suspected as much. Have you finished up with the coding and been able to dive into the values yet?

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
mooseknuckle2000 said:
I suspected as much. Have you finished up with the coding and been able to dive into the values yet?
We've been figuring out sprites and their properties ever since the initial test version of Reggie (the one shown in this thread's first post) and we're constantly getting further. We've also been working on figuring out all the data in the level format. (Very little is left - we have data to modify practically anything within levels.)

I've got someone else on board now as well who is helping me with coding for some parts of the editor, so expect it to be complete even quicker
biggrin.gif

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
We've been figuring out sprites and their properties ever since the initial test version of Reggie (the one shown in this thread's first post) and we're constantly getting further. We've also been working on figuring out all the data in the level format. (Very little is left - we have data to modify practically anything within levels.)

I've got someone else on board now as well who is helping me with coding for some parts of the editor, so expect it to be complete even quicker
biggrin.gif

Is it possible to have this as an early Christmas present? (maybe Christmas Eve?) That would be perfect especially for all those who get this game for Christmas! (or whatever holiday they celebrate that time of year)

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:

biggrin.gif
excellent! I so can't wait to play with this.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Treeki said:

biggrin.gif

I've always been on board >.>

I'm just doing coding now instead of decoding the values.

Quick Update: Editor now displays zones of each level, and all properties. Entrance editing is implemented, with no UI yet. Zone editing has a UI, but is not implemented. Tileset swapping is done, with no support for removing tilesets completely. Can also edit the level timer, stage wrap, and various other tidbits.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempusC said:
Guys - it will probably be at least two weeks before a release, maybe more. We can only do so much in a day.

As for ease of use, we have been working on the UI and it is getting much easier and intuitive to use. However, making levels will still be much more complicated than SMW, because there is a lot more in this game! NSMB Wii is full of great devices and unique effects, gimmicks and doodads which were only used once and could easily have been made into many great levels.
Glad you're helping with the coding now. Does this mean we can expect it to take less time than your previous estimate?

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TempusC said:
No. My estimates are always wrong.
That's a great way to give people confidence in our abilities.
wink.gif

I'm working on the UI for entrance editing now, but being awake for over 33 hours without sleeping is killing my coding abilities slowly. x_x

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TempusC said:
Treeki said:

biggrin.gif

I've always been on board >.>

I'm just doing coding now instead of decoding the values.

Quick Update: Editor now displays zones of each level, and all properties. Entrance editing is implemented, with no UI yet. Zone editing has a UI, but is not implemented. Tileset swapping is done, with no support for removing tilesets completely. Can also edit the level timer, stage wrap, and various other tidbits.

Nice!

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of another You-tube teaser video from one of the folks messing around with the sprite properties?

Also, has there been anything 'extra' discovered? Stuff that wasn't utilized in the main game?

Lastly, in regards to level numbers on the 'arc' listing, what level number are the 'coin' levels that multiplayer has access to?

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TobiasAmaranth said:
Any chance of another You-tube teaser video from one of the folks messing around with the sprite properties?
I'll make and post one with a new level when we get some of the new stuff completed.

TobiasAmaranth said:
Also, has there been anything 'extra' discovered? Stuff that wasn't utilized in the main game?
Not yet sadly - the most interesting stuff we've found is tiles which are normally invisible (Like the invisible item blocks and such) which can be set to 100% opaque in order to see some Japanese text describing them. That's about it though.

QUOTE(TobiasAmaranth @ Dec 10 2009, 10:53 PM)
Lastly, in regards to level numbers on the 'arc' listing, what level number are the 'coin' levels that multiplayer has access to?
01-20, 02-20, 03-20, 04-20, 05-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: