Status
Not open for further replies.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
They're sprites and not actual 3D models?

They're 3D models. It's not actually that hard to render them and make the background transparent for an image. I'm not saying that's how he's doing it (he could be doing it any number of ways).

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
Tagg7 said:

They're 3D models. It's not actually that hard to render them and make the background transparent for an image. I'm not saying that's how he's doing it (he could be doing it any number of ways).
Maybe you should share your rendering program, so we can get a perfect render like that, you know 'cause it's easy and stuff.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:

Sorry, I meant model... (couldn't think of the word at the time
tongue.gif
)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
vashgs said:
Tagg7 said:

Maybe you should share your rendering program, so we can get a perfect render like that, you know 'cause it's easy and stuff.

lol

Gimp
Photoshop
Paint.net

any image editing software can remove the background if skilled enougth and used correctly

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
lol

Gimp
Photoshop
Paint.net

any image editing software can remove the background if skilled enougth and used correctly

You Sir are an idiot.
I meant the program he used to render the models.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FWIW, I think it's a really good idea to include the ability to load/show the sprites when using the editor. The editor could be made to load a .png file based on the number of the sprite, for instance you could put all the images in the \sprites\ folder, and for example 076.png would be dry bones, 083.png would be boo and so on. If the png isn't there, the editor could just default to it's standard numbered blue block.

I don't think the images really need to be rendered in 3D or have all positions accounted for, even just having a simple image of the enemy with a transparent background would be enough. This would make editing the levels so much easier, by being able to see the sprites during editing. I would even contribute as much as I can towards extracting/rendering the models.

Anyways I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's let Treeki and crew finish the work on Reggie!, and maybe afterwards if they're feeling up to it, we can ask them to implement new features. :)

Treeki: While I realize it likely won't be a feature planned for the initial release, will Reggie! eventually have the ability to import DS levels? I realize many of the sprites and objects are different between the two games, but it would be neat to have the ability of importing the DS levels, even if they require a bit of manual clean-up afterwards. Sorry if this has been asked to death.

Keep up the great work, the majority of us are happy that you're taking your time until you're happy with everything before releasing Reggie in all his glory. Cheers! :)

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea about having sprites appear as images in the editor:) It would be much like Lunar Magic in a sense, plus you would get to see what it is your actually placing.

I also like the idea for a future DS course importer. But the levels WOULD need to be cleaned up manually. But I agree, this will not be on the initial release, maybe somewhere near 1.5 ~ 2.0?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
You Sir are an idiot.
I meant the program he used to render the models.any need for insults?
maybe you needed to make yourself clear, i dont see 3d rendering or model rendering program, i just see rendering
QUOTE(Omega Knight @ Dec 7 2009, 12:19 AM) Maybe you should share your rendering program, so we can get a perfect render like that, you know 'cause it's easy and stuff.
Rendering doesnt necessarily mean it has to be 3d, some examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiABmJ5V2JI
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4593155_render-i...-gimp.html?cr=1

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want this now, and im not waiting anymore, so it has to be done now

jk ive been using tanooki and its pretty cool im hoping this reggie is what im hoping it will be

tanooki is cool but still not easy to use, i'm not great with numbers, but with time i guess i could make some edits, if this is going to be heavily based on the graphic side while editing, it will make it incredible.

also, any chance of this being ported to work on the wii console itself? THAT would be awesome

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question:

Has ANYONE been able to take any level, and replace it with another level in the iso, and have it load with usb loader???
I keep getting DRE...

For example... extract 01-01.arc, and rename it to 05-01.arc, then replace 05-01 with the renamed 01-01...
whenever i try this, again, i get a dre....

p.s. i know there will be another method to loading the levels, but i thought this should work too....

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Dteyn said:
FWIW, I think it's a really good idea to include the ability to load/show the sprites when using the editor. The editor could be made to load a .png file based on the number of the sprite, for instance you could put all the images in the \sprites\ folder, and for example 076.png would be dry bones, 083.png would be boo and so on. If the png isn't there, the editor could just default to it's standard numbered blue block.
The problem is that some sprites vary depending on their properties.

Dteyn said:
I don't think the images really need to be rendered in 3D or have all positions accounted for, even just having a simple image of the enemy with a transparent background would be enough. This would make editing the levels so much easier, by being able to see the sprites during editing. I would even contribute as much as I can towards extracting/rendering the models.
I'll look into it later, like I've been saying for a while.

Dteyn said:
Treeki: While I realize it likely won't be a feature planned for the initial release, will Reggie! eventually have the ability to import DS levels? I realize many of the sprites and objects are different between the two games, but it would be neat to have the ability of importing the DS levels, even if they require a bit of manual clean-up afterwards. Sorry if this has been asked to death.
That would actually be pretty cool, but if I ever end up doing it, it will be in a later release (and possibly a separate tool).

QUOTE(VashTS @ Dec 7 2009, 05:07 AM) tanooki is cool but still not easy to use, i'm not great with numbers, but with time i guess i could make some edits, if this is going to be heavily based on the graphic side while editing, it will make it incredible.
Yes, it has full graphics support for static objects - practically everything you've seen in screenshots.

QUOTE(VashTS @ Dec 7 2009, 05:07 AM)
also, any chance of this being ported to work on the wii console itself? THAT would be awesome
That would require me knowing how to code Wii homebrew and actually having my Wii here to test on - so not in the foreseeable future.

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pop006 said:
Quick Question:

Has ANYONE been able to take any level, and replace it with another level in the iso, and have it load with usb loader???
I keep getting DRE...

For example... extract 01-01.arc, and rename it to 05-01.arc, then replace 05-01 with the renamed 01-01...
whenever i try this, again, i get a dre....

p.s. i know there will be another method to loading the levels, but i thought this should work too....

What is the error? (IDK what a DRE is) Also, when extracting the .arc file with WiiScrubber, you don't have to put the .arc extension on. (at least for me)

I would like to suggest to NOT rename the levels, as it could possibly mess up the data inside the files; thus maybe rendering them not playable.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mega-Mario said:
YayMii said:
I have a question about your NSMBDS editor. When will sprite graphics come?Probably never. Most of those sprites are 3D models.
(...)
What I meant by 'sprites' were enemies and objects. Because most of those are sprites in SMW (I use Lunar Magic a lot
tongue.gif
)
Xane said:
Mario.png

Quick test.
EDIT:
Goomba.png

A not so friendly looking Goomba.
tongue.gif
That's AMAZING!!!QUOTE(Mega-Mario @ Dec 6 2009, 07:57 AM)
We're going offtopic. This thread is about the editor for NSMB Wii, not NSMB DS.
Where can we discuss Treeki's NSMB DS editor then (on GBAtemp)? I don't feel like registering on that 'Jul' forum (you know, the forum with the official NSMB DS hacking section).

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually i was wrong, its not a DRE (Disk Read Error), but a "A problem has occured, please power off wii and read instruction manual"

Also, i never touched the extensions, whatever they were, i left them as they were.

EDIT: YayMii
Check HERE: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=41
Right now you are under a forum section called WII HACKING...

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Pop006 said:
actually i was wrong, its not a DRE (Disk Read Error), but a "A problem has occured, please power off wii and read instruction manual"

Also, i never touched the extensions, whatever they were, i left them as they were.

That is a common DRE (I think, it's what pretty much everyone experienced with NSMBW before the patch was made). "A Problem Has Occured" because I am not running from an original disc on the IOS that I'm supposed to.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
But it wouldn't be legal to inlcude the sprites in the tool, right? I guess they are copyrighted.
pepxl said:
Omega Knight said:
You Sir are an idiot.
I meant the program he used to render the models.any need for insults?
maybe you needed to make yourself clear, i dont see 3d rendering or model rendering program, i just see rendering
QUOTE(Omega Knight @ Dec 7 2009, 12:19 AM)
Rendering doesnt necessarily mean it has to be 3d, some examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiABmJ5V2JI
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4593155_render-i...-gimp.html?cr=1
Klugscheißer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...