Not open for further replies.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
BulletBillTime said:
Alright, Reggie! team, time for a progress inspection.

-How many of the sprites have you documented (AND their sprite data), and how much is there left?
These numbers may not be 100% accurate due to possible duplication in our various lists:
- 88 sprites are fully documented and fully working in the current build of the editor
- 80 sprites are partly or fully documented and are on our "unfinished" list
- 150 sprites are identified, but undocumented/uninvestigated
- 40 sprites are unknown

Once I finish coding the editor and I can look through sprite data myself, it will move along even faster. Also, I've just finished fully coding in sprite editing
biggrin.gif
(although I still need to add the panels for batch editing multiple objects/sprites)

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I had a feeling that the frozen state of the Munchers was optional. How are coin-block contents defined this time around? I'm pretty sure the spring-in-a-box wasn't used in the normal game (not 100% sure, mind you) and would there be things like shells able to come out of them?

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Treeki said:
Once I finish coding the editor and I can look through sprite data myself, it will move along even faster. Also, I've just finished fully coding in sprite editing
biggrin.gif
(although I still need to add the panels for batch editing multiple objects/sprites)

So the 2 week (APPROXIMATE) date for a potential release still seem to be on schedule? Sounds to me like there is a LOT of sprites left, and if any issues come up with any of them, it's bound to take some time to figure out then code into your program...

Wondering if there is anything we can do to help you figure out more info on the sprites, or anything at all really
smile.gif

P.S. WE = NewER Super Mario Bro's Wii Team

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
TobiasAmaranth said:
Sweet. I had a feeling that the frozen state of the Munchers was optional. How are coin-block contents defined this time around? I'm pretty sure the spring-in-a-box wasn't used in the normal game (not 100% sure, mind you) and would there be things like shells able to come out of them?
Normal (non-sprite) question blocks in NSMBWii can contain all the powerups, as well as coins, vines, springboards and Yoshi. I haven't looked into the sprite versions, those may allow more item numbers.

jceggbert5 said:
Will the sprite data list be user-editable like it is in NAMBe5? Just in-case someone figures more out after the release?
Yes, it's placed into an XML file. All the sprites are also ordered and sorted into categories - instead of just being listed by their ID.

QUOTE(Pop006 @ Dec 4 2009, 07:33 PM)
So the 2 week (APPROXIMATE) date for a potential release still seem to be on schedule? Sounds to me like there is a LOT of sprites left, and if any issues come up with any of them, it's bound to take some time to figure out then code into your program...

Wondering if there is anything we can do to help you figure out more info on the sprites, or anything at all really
smile.gif
I don't want to set a date in stone because I'm worried I'll miss it for whatever reason. I can't work on Reggie all the time: I'm 15 years old and I have other things which have to come first - before game hacking.

Using sprites in Reggie itself shouldn't be an issue - they're not hardcoded; my system for them is fully modular, so the properties are all listed in an XML file.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
Have you figured out entrances yet? Views too?
If so, do you know how the pipes work on the "Rolling Hills w/ Pipe" sprites? Or, is it coded into the sprite's options like "Warp to Level" is?
Entrance/exit points are fully figured out, I just have to add support to Reggie (my next task). Views are now called zones - I have some of the data for them but not all.

Also, the pipe hills and Warp to Level all now work using exit points: you create an exit point nearby (doesn't matter where) and reference the ID in the hill/warp sprite properties.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
jceggbert5 said:
Have you figured out entrances yet? Views too?
If so, do you know how the pipes work on the "Rolling Hills w/ Pipe" sprites? Or, is it coded into the sprite's options like "Warp to Level" is?
Entrance/exit points are fully figured out, I just have to add support to Reggie (my next task). Views are now called zones - I have some of the data for them but not all.

Also, the pipe hills and Warp to Level all now work using exit points: you create an exit point nearby (doesn't matter where) and reference the ID in the hill/warp sprite properties.

That's... interesting...
biggrin.gif

Hope you are able to figure out zones/views soon! I also hope that you can get entrances/exits integrated easily
biggrin.gif

NeonTogepi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any unused enemies in the game's data? Also, how does the skeleton dragon work? Can I add it to different levels and customize it's path? That'd be win

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I heard you can have practically any sprite anywhere, and the skeleton dragon rollercoaster thing seems to be line guided, so yeah.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's off topic but Why does everyone always assume that creating a disc image is automatically illegal? To create a disc image of the game you legally own is perfectly legal.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, can you put that kind of "wall" which you may walk beside? and if yes, what shape can it have, are there only some pieces you can use that already have been used in the game or can you make it how you like it yourself?

also, Treeki, you say you are a perfectionist and wont release any beta, but that doesn't mean you wont improve anything after release does it? (in case there would be any bugs or if you have more things to add)

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Ghork said:
Hey, can you put that kind of "wall" which you may walk beside? and if yes, what shape can it have, are there only some pieces you can use that already have been used in the game or can you make it how you like it yourself?
As in.. the hidden caves? Any type of tile can be used on layer 0, which automatically causes that effect. You can even make one out of question blocks if you so wish (but they won't be solid or bumpable, obviously)

QUOTE(Ghork @ Dec 4 2009, 11:28 PM) also, Treeki, you say you are a perfectionist and wont release any beta, but that doesn't mean you wont improve anything after release does it? (in case there would be any bugs or if you have more things to add)
Of course I will make improvements later - but I also don't want to make an initial release which I'm not happy with.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude i gotta say...this is the SHIT!! this looks even better than i imagined, and you can unfreeze the chomper dudes! FUCK YEA. I just hope this is out in time for my christmas break. *crosses fingers*

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
So, question now that I'm looking at the file structure in the game, all the Arc's and other stuff...

Replay/otehon = Luigi 'help' guides. (Not sure what 03-04_B is about, though, it's the only "B")
Replay/otakara = Princess Castle videos, S for skills, U for probably 1-ups, etc.
Replay/title = Not sure offhand. Probably idling at the title screen will play these selected levels.

The numbers after the letter ("stage_type_number") are definitely commands for players 1 through 4.

Using those as hints on what the levels actually are...

1-8 - Regular level
20 - Cannon
21 - Ghost House
22 - Fortress
23 - Castle
38 - Airship

What are the other numbers?

World 1 has 26-29, 33-36, 40-42
World 2 has 26-28, 33-36
World 3 has 26-29, 33-36
World 4 has 26-29, 33-36
World 5 has 26-29, 33-36
World 6 has 26-28, 33-36
World 7 has 26-29, 33-35
World 8 has 26-28, 33-35
World 9 has 26-28

So. Yeah. 40-42 is something to do with Peach's Castle, 33-36 is likely something to do with enemy sub-levels, and 26-29 is something to do with the arrow at the head of the stage. Just from guessing. Not sure why some have 3 and others have 4 for said grouping, though, or why Peach's Castle needs a full 3...

PS: Ugh! Great, I can't get the game to launch on my console (using an SDCard WBFS formatted) no matter what loader I use. Can someone give me some help over PM, and help me to make sure my files are in order? ((I just did some major updating to the system using the guide up at the top, and I had it working before updating all this stuff))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game