Not open for further replies.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quartercast said:
What's wrong with tk's message? Beware of fakes, and don't accept them because they are not being supported now and in the future. Its a good message.

I think RHS and &Kard made a mistake in suggesting that these fake Actel carts could just be excess stock of the old, real Actel carts. They clearly are not the same, look at the PCBs pictures tk posted. Everyone makes mistakes, its time to reject the fakes and get on with life
smile.gif

tk is attacking RHS with no proof. He still insists they do not work on DSi 1.4. I have personally tested that and worked. He refused to accept that fact.

We like to hear different opinions, but not attacking.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHat really strikes me is that RHS is based in New jersey, but the poster here in the forum makes some very common and big mistakes on his English grammar, I am beggining to worry that the user under the name realhotstuff, is just some guy talking like he is representing the business, and the real REAL HOT STUFF is actually not even close at looking in these forums

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
hsace said:
quartercast said:
What's wrong with tk's message? Beware of fakes, and don't accept them because they are not being supported now and in the future. Its a good message.

I think RHS and &Kard made a mistake in suggesting that these fake Actel carts could just be excess stock of the old, real Actel carts. They clearly are not the same, look at the PCBs pictures tk posted. Everyone makes mistakes, its time to reject the fakes and get on with life
smile.gif

tk is attacking RHS with no proof. He still insists they do not work on DSi 1.4. I have personally tested that and worked. He refused to accept that fact.

I'm happy yours is working for the time being. Who knows if you'll be able to use official firmware updates in the future? If I were you I'd get it replaced pronto, seeing the experience of other fake Actel cart owners.

I don't know about no proof, he's got plenty of proof there with quotes and pictures. tk has been a bit standoffish, he must be anxious about his order of 6 acekard 2i's
smile.gif

realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
WHat really strikes me is that RHS is based in New jersey, but the poster here in the forum makes some very common and big mistakes on his English grammar, I am beggining to worry that the user under the name realhotstuff, is just some guy talking like he is representing the business, and the real REAL HOT STUFF is actually not even close at looking in these forums

I am the real one. You can email me at [email protected].

I am using my laptop from home. I am not used to the small keyboard for typing. Typo happens to me all the time. I was also frustrated by the posts from tk and sometimes the words I put out might not make sense.

But, that's it for me now. I will not reply to the posts here any more. Anyone who has questions about us, feel free to contact us.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quartercast said:
hsace said:
quartercast said:

smile.gif

I'm happy yours is working for the time being. Who knows if you'll be able to use official firmware updates in the future? If I were you I'd get it replaced pronto, seeing the experience of other fake Actel cart owners.

I don't know about no proof, he's got plenty of proof there with quotes and pictures. tk has been a bit standoffish, he must be anxious about his order of 6 acekard 2i's
smile.gif

My proof was from my personal experience. The fact that he insisted all the Actel ones do not work on DSi 1.4 has no base.

That's how I look at it. His intention may be good, but the way he expressed it was bad.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Yes, someone has nothing better to do than to impersonate the owner of a shop in order to defend it...

Do you know that not only Americans live in the USA?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once again, a thread that clearly shows you don't need to pass an IQ test to join GBAtemp!
Anyway, thanks to RHS for providing the intial information - it was certainly helpful in allaying any fears some of us had with our AK2/i carts.

Well, RHS has "taken his bat & ball" and gone home.....so its time to LOCK this sucker and throw away the key. It would however, be handy if this colud be linked to first post of the sticky "how to distinguish the real AK2 and AK2i".

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You know what's really sad?

The guy from RHS has made a genuine attempt here with customer satisfaction, and for his troubles he's had to take a lot of shit, if I was him I would of give up long ago.

But no, time and time again he came back to answer his accusers, i think he stated the case for RHS brilliantly.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quartercast said:
smile.gif

Yes i'm anxious, i've promised these to someone. I only need 2, so will have 4 spare. It was a "Panic" buy due to Paypal/ DCMA forcing all these websites to remove their flashcard inventory.

If Paypal/ DCMA can force 2 sites in China to remove them, then they can get any site which accepts Paypal to remove them.

QUOTE(hsace @ Feb 3 2010, 12:54 AM) My proof was from my personal experience. The fact that he insisted all the Actel ones do not work on DSi 1.4 has no base.

I'm am not claiming all Actel's do not work at all.

You seem to think that because yours works, everyone elses will work. Who knows, you could have been shipped one of the old AK2i Actel's which we know are fine.

Other people are having problems with newly produced Actel AK2i's and I think people need to be aware of it. Unfortunately few people own these recent HWID 80 Actel's, so it's not that easy to get information on them.

I think people need to be aware there are issues with newly shipped HW80 Actel cards and DSi 1.4's. No one likes getting caught.

Clones are bad. Look at the R4's, I didn't buy one because I would have no idea what I would be buying. I can't believe the number of people who still buy R4's.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Yes i'm anxious, i've promised these to someone. I only need 2, so will have 4 spare. It was a "Panic" buy due to Paypal/ DCMA forcing all these websites to remove their flashcard inventory.
I think people need to be aware there are issues with newly shipped HW80 Actel cards and DSi 1.4's. No one likes getting caught. Karma...I'm all for people buying flashcarts solely for personal gain getting caught! Personal use 'sits' ok, but your way is pure piracy to me
Clones are bad. Look at the R4's, I didn't buy one because I would have no idea what I would be buying. I can't believe the number of people who still buy R4's.
The clone issue with AK has been well-known for quite some time, so your rationale makes no sense
wacko.gif
First, you did a panic buy, now you're doing a panic bought - just chill and wait for your carts to arrive before jumping to conclusions!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
tk_saturn said:
I think people need to be aware there are issues with newly shipped HW80 Actel cards and DSi 1.4's. No one likes getting caught. Karma...I'm all for people buying flashcarts solely for personal gain getting caught! Personal use 'sits' ok, but your way is pure piracy to me
The clone issue with AK has been well-known for quite some time, so your rationale makes no sense
wacko.gif
First, you did a panic buy, now you're doing a panic bought - just chill and wait for your carts to arrive before jumping to conclusions!

Personal Gain? These are "GIFTS" which happen to be for my 4-7 year old nieces and nephew along with one for my sister. I don't want them to have clones, Acekards have enough issues as it is.

You have a go at me for buying these as gifts? All the retailers including DX,FP, RHS, 0SZ are selling these for monetary gain not me. If DX can make a profit selling these at $12.97, then RHS selling these at $24 are making a very healthy profit.

I imagine Team Acekard, Team Cyclo etc are also making a profit.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bleedevil said:
I have bought 5 AK2i from RHS

ALl five of them have the Actel chips.

I used the AKAIO on them and all of them worked just fine.
BTW, I have the DSi FW 1.4
I can confirm that what hsace said was correct.
I think RHS is doing the right thing for starting this thread.
closedeyes.gif

Perhaps if you you could try running the 1.4FW update on one or two and see what happens? it would clear the matter up.

The two previous people got "This catridge can't be updated." so it's unlikely anything bad will happen.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bleedevil said:
It was already 1.4 preloaded.
There is no need to update it
Some updators simply refuse to update it if you hae the current version installed
Those two AK2i might be defective, so they can not be updated
Is there anyway of you determing from the pictures without opening the cart if you have an old run Actel or new run Actel?

People have run the new 1.4fw update released last week on carts which are already 1.4 and they update fine.

QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ Jan 28 2010, 09:26 PM) Well, I just tried the update. Didn't do anything. At least, not that I can see. Still a Dannykard 2i.
I updated my DX cart with the R4i 1.4 FW update as the original acekard FW sat at 0% progress. I tried the updated acekard fw posted by Normatt, and it successfully updated this same card, I wanted to know if DX sent me a clone or not. It ran the 1.4 update despite already being 1.4, and this is was one the cards which was looking decidely dodgy before Normatt posted the update.

I ask because i'm wondering if these cards can't run the 1.4FW update, then they aren't going to run any future firmware updates either, this was my point.

If the new Actel cards will run the 1.4FW update, then i'll shut up and won't post again.

Peachrules14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, realhotstuff, do you want us to wait until the shipment of new cards comes in before buying them, or will you have some kind of pre-order?

realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peachrules14 said:
So, realhotstuff, do you want us to wait until the shipment of new cards comes in before buying them, or will you have some kind of pre-order?

I will post here when we have them later this week.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I only need 2, so will have 4 spare.QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Feb 3 2010, 11:37 AM) Personal Gain? These are "GIFTS" which happen to be for my 4-7 year old nieces and nephew along with one for my sister.
Well, which one is it?? Busted!!
wtf.gif
Honey, hold the bins, I've got some more trash for ya.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
tk_saturn said:
I only need 2, so will have 4 spare.QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Feb 3 2010, 11:37 AM) Personal Gain? These are "GIFTS" which happen to be for my 4-7 year old nieces and nephew along with one for my sister.
wtf.gif

If you read my posts, you will find I already have two. 2+2 = 4! I have 1 Nephew, 2 Nieces + 1 sister = 4.

I wanted 6 cards, so they had 2 spare. Because DX and FP were the same price I brought one from each to test the waters as I hadn't previously ordered from either, which is why I currently have 2. DX also hide behind DomainsByProxy (Like RHS) which also made me nervous about ordering from them.

I then ordered another 2 from each, but the FP order was just sitting there on processing for 5 days after they removed them from the site. Someone on here posted that 7dayshop in the UK had them on the cheap (£11 down from £20), So I ordered 2 from them and emailed FP to cancel the order. Come the morning the FP order changed to shipped, meaning I have 6 more coming to me.

It's the 7dayshop cards i'm worried about being clones, but as I will have 4 spare it shouldn't matter.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
tk_saturn said:
wtf.gif

Oh come one. The statements are not incompossible. They do not exclude each other.

3 are shared amongst 2 nieces and 1 nephew (4 y/o, 7 y/o and another one who is 5 or 6 y/o), and 1 is for a sister.

3 + 1 = 4

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
Oh come one. The statements are not incompossible. They do not exclude each other.

3 are shared amongst 2 nieces and 1 nephew (4 y/o, 7 y/o and another one who is 5 or 6 y/o), and 1 is for a sister.

3 + 1 = 4
Yep, a 4yr old, 6yr old and a 7yr old. While they have some games, I though some AK2i's would allow them to play games together and stops them arguing over who gets to play what game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet