realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Uh so they have two carts with the HWID 80? My AK2.1 has the HWID 80 and there is a AK2i with the HWID 80 as well?

No, they have one cart with 80 and another one with 81.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
realhotstuff said:
BoxShot said:
Uh so they have two carts with the HWID 80? My AK2.1 has the HWID 80 and there is a AK2i with the HWID 80 as well?

No, they have one cart with 80 and another one with 81.

I thought it was HWID "80" for the AK2.1 and HWID "44" & HWID "81" for the AK2i? presumably 44 are the old windowed variety?

realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are talking about Acekard 2i here. I did not say anything about HWID of Acekard 2.

HWID 80 and 81 are both Acekard 2i.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
realhotstuff said:
We are talking about Acekard 2i here. I did not say anything about HWID of Acekard 2.

So claim you, but we know "80" are the cards with the hole in you've been selling which according to the Acekard site are clones. "44" and "81" are Acekard 2i.

We only have your word that these "80" aren't clones, and you heard that from a Chinese supplier the same supplier that sold you these cards which according to the Acekard website are fake. How can you trust this supplier when they are buying Acekard's which aren't from the Acekard team? How exactly did they purchase these Windowed cards?

Besides it's already been determined that these "80" cards are in fact either Acekard 2.1's or Acekard 2's, not Acekard 2i's. This is why they have a HWID of "80" which is a known HWID of the Acekard 2i.
TTHTT said:
Dialexio said:
Sorry for not putting more info for that.

That's the icon that shows on my Acekard 2i. The adjacent text says:
QUOTEAcekard 2i
www.acekard.com
This is an interesting turn. It seems that what I have is at the very least NOT an Acekard 2i.

EDIT - I'll elaborate: When I insert my card into my DS phat, it reads "Acekard 2" rather than 2i.
TTHTT brought that "80" Acekard 2 card badged as a Acekard2i from you.

So stop telling people the Acekard 2i has a HWID of "80" because it doesn't.

You claim these "80" cards come preupdated to work with the DSi 1.4, yet how come every single person on here who has one and on other sites have found this card neither works with the DSi 1.4 or works with the Acekard firmware update? Since when has an Acekard 2.1 card worked with the DSi?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
realhotstuff said:
Why everyone was selling this version instead of the non-Actel version?
At that point, that was the only version worked. The non-Actel version had problem patching for the 1.4.

Not everyone, just you and a couple of other sites. You all could have quite easily have brought them from the same supplier.

realhotstuff said:
Are the Actel ones fake?
It depends on how you see it. The Actel one was from the original design, but was manufactured by a group who are no longer with Acekard. The group who has control over the Acekard web site can claim whatever they want to since they control the site.
If they are produced by people who are no longer with Acekards, they are fakes. No if's, no buts.

realhotstuff said:
it depends on how you define it. From the group who controls the web site, they are. But, if that applies, whoever owns the old one from the past has a fake one now by the definition.
Not true, those cards had a HWID of 44 didn't they? and they were actually Acekard 2i's.

QUOTE(realhotstuff @ Feb 1 2010, 06:04 PM)
What happened?
The team broke up. Some of them left and started using the original Actel design to manufacture Acekard 2i. The ones they produced came with 1.4 pre-loaded.

Why everyone was selling this version instead of the non-Actel version?
At that point, that was the only version worked. The non-Actel version had problem patching for the 1.4.
The non actel have had no problem patching to 1.4 until the recent batch which required the R4i fix. The new update released this week works on this recent batch.

The firmware DSi 1.4 firmware was released on July 30th, the update fix for the Acekard 2i was released on August 17th. The same update which works on non-Actel cards. Acekard don't produce cards with 1.4 pre-loaded, they are illegal as it contains a portion of a commerical rom. This is the same reason the 1.4 update isn't on their site, and they take no credit for producing the firmware update.

realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
realhotstuff said:

So claim you, but we know "80" are the cards with the hole in you've been selling which according to the Acekard site are clones. "44" and "81" are Acekard 2i.

We only have your word that these "80" aren't clones, and you heard that from a Chinese supplier the same supplier that sold you these cards which according to the Acekard website are fake. How can you trust this supplier when they are buying Acekard's which aren't from the Acekard team? How exactly did they purchase these Windowed cards?

Besides it's already been determined that these "80" cards are in fact either Acekard 2.1's or Acekard 2's, not Acekard 2i's. This is why they have a HWID of "80" which is a known HWID of the Acekard 2i.
TTHTT said:
Dialexio said:
Sorry for not putting more info for that.

That's the icon that shows on my Acekard 2i. The adjacent text says:
QUOTEAcekard 2i
www.acekard.com
This is an interesting turn. It seems that what I have is at the very least NOT an Acekard 2i.

EDIT - I'll elaborate: When I insert my card into my DS phat, it reads "Acekard 2" rather than 2i.
TTHTT brought that "80" Acekard 2 card badged as a Acekard2i from you.

So stop telling people the Acekard 2i has a HWID of "80" because it doesn't.

You claim these "80" cards come preupdated to work with the DSi 1.4, yet how come every single person on here who has one and on other sites have found this card neither works with the DSi 1.4 or works with the Acekard firmware update? Since when has an Acekard 2.1 card worked with the DSi?

We had the sub-title saying 'Are they really fakes?'. We did not say they are not fakes. We simply explained what we heard from our supplier which might not be true. The ones we had with HWID of 80 actually work with 1.4 (pre-updated). You can read the post here from others who bought from us claimed that it did work with AKAIO and official firmware.

We are not trying to defend ourselves. All the other stores are selling exactly the same thing. Anyone else came out to explain? We simply told our customers what we knew and did not want to keep our customers in dark. We also offer the exchange for customers who are not comfortable with those Actel ones.

Again, we don't know what happened at Acekard. We don't know why they posted that the Actel ones are fake. We are not the only one selling that version. We are the one who step up and try to explain the whole situation and we are the one to get the blame?

As I said, the non-Actel AK2i are on the way to our store. We will have them later this week. We told our customers who emailed us or opened a support ticket with us that we will exchange it for them.

There are different posts talking about the Acekard 2 and that's why my response to your was that we are talking about Acekard 2i here so we don't want to confuse the HWID of Acekard 2 and 2i. Why are you getting so upset about it?

If in your mind you already determined HWID of 80 is fake, so be it. If you purchased it from us, we are perfectly fine with replacing it. Again, we are not the only one selling them. We are trying to take care of our customers so they know what is going on.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
realhotstuff said:
The ones we had with HWID of 80 actually work with 1.4 (pre-updated). You can read the post here from others who bought from us claimed that it did work with AKAIO and official firmware. No one has said they don't work with AKAIO, what people are saying is they don't work with DSi 1.4's because they aren't Acekard 2i's. Feel free to point me to posts where people have these working on a DSi 1.4.

realhotstuff said:
We had the sub-title saying 'Are they really fakes?'. We did not say they are not fakes.Are they really fakes? is self explanatory, you are suggesting they aren't fakes. Which is going against what the Acekard website clearly and categorically says.

QUOTE(realhotstuff @ Feb 2 2010, 06:45 PM)
We are not trying to defend ourselves. All the other stores are selling exactly the same thing. Anyone else came out to explain? We simply told our customers what we knew and did not want to keep our customers in dark. We also offer the exchange for customers who are not comfortable with those Actel ones.
You are trying to defend yourselves, that's why you are saying everyone else has the same problem and it's an issue with your supplier. Everyone else doesn't have the same problem.

I'm not suggesting you are lying or are bad retailer. I'm suggesting you've been duped by your supplier. Ever heard of Chinese whispers?

Until Normatt or Smiths confirm the Acekard team have split and these "80" cards aren't fake, i'm going to assume they are 100% fake.

I know one thing, there's noway I want a "80" Actel AK2i.

realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
realhotstuff said:
The ones we had with HWID of 80 actually work with 1.4 (pre-updated). You can read the post here from others who bought from us claimed that it did work with AKAIO and official firmware. No one has said they don't work with AKAIO, what people are saying is they don't work with DSi 1.4's because they aren't Acekard 2i's. Feel free to point me to posts where people have these working on a DSi 1.4.

realhotstuff said:
We had the sub-title saying 'Are they really fakes?'. We did not say they are not fakes.Are they really fakes? is self explanatory, you are suggesting they aren't fakes. Which is going against what the Acekard website clearly and categorically says.

QUOTE(realhotstuff @ Feb 2 2010, 06:45 PM)
You are trying to defend yourselves, that's why you are saying everyone else has the same problem and it's an issue with your supplier. Everyone else doesn't have the same problem.

I'm not suggesting you are lying or are bad retailer. I'm suggesting you've been duped by your supplier. Ever heard of Chinese whispers?

Until Normatt or Smiths confirm the Acekard team have split and these "80" cards aren't fake, i'm going to assume they are 100% fake.

I know one thing, there's noway I want a "80" Actel AK2i.

We tested the Actel ones with DSi 1.4 and we were 100% sure they worked with DSi 1.4. You don't have one to test it so please don't assume that they do not work with 1.4.

We have at least three different suppliers where we could buy AK2i from in China. All of them were selling the Actel ones. The non-Actel ones could not be upgraded at that time and we also emailed Acekard about those Actel AK2i but never received response from them. We know there were not many non-Actel AK2i at that time for the reason I told you. There are more than 2 or 3 stores are selling the Actel AK2i as you stated. Everyone of the supplier thodl us they were authentic and they were from the same factory who manufactured the non-Actel ones.

You can have your own opinion about the Actel AK2i and that's why we used the question mark. Members here will have their own opinions about these. If you insist they are fakes, that's fine. We are taking care of the issue. For those who have them and have no complaints about them, that's great for us.

This will be our final reply to you. It makes no sense to argue about it since we already expressed our situation.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
realhotstuff said:
We tested the Actel ones with DSi 1.4 and we were 100% sure they worked with DSi 1.4. You don't have one to test it so please don't assume that they do not work with 1.4.
Then why are people who have purchased these from you unable to use them on DSi's?
realhotstuff said:
We have at least three different suppliers where we could buy AK2i from in China. All of them were selling the Actel ones. The non-Actel ones could not be upgraded at that time and we also emailed Acekard about those Actel AK2i but never received response from them. We know there were not many non-Actel AK2i at that time for the reason I told you. There are more than 2 or 3 stores are selling the Actel AK2i as you stated. Everyone of the supplier thodl us they were authentic and they were from the same factory who manufactured the non-Actel ones. So these fake Acekard's come from the same factory in which the real Acekards are produced? WOW, go fakers!

QUOTE(realhotstuff @ Feb 2 2010, 07:33 PM)
You can have your own opinion about the Actel AK2i and that's why we used the question mark.
3222 Members here will have their own opinions about these. If you insist they are fakes, that's fine. We are taking care of the issue. For those who have them and have no complaints about them, that's great for us.

This will be our final reply to you. It makes no sense to argue about it since we already expressed our situation.

Sounds like you are bullshitting to me as you got caught selling fakes.

According to the Acekard website, you realhotstuff have been selling FAKE Acekard 2i's. That's a clear and undeniable FACT!

People expect better, you are charging $11 more than DX plus they offer free worldwide shipping. They aren't sending out Actel "80"'s either.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't make sense. I am looking at the Acekard I bought about a year ago. They have the Actel chip on it. It was the only authentic version available that time from Acekard. So, are they suggesting that what I have now became fake? What used to be authentic had become fake based on their site? I have recently bought another one from RHS for my cousin and I am comparing them. They look exactly the same. I also try the new one on a DSi 1.4 and it worked just fine.

tk_saturn, I think RHS explained the situation very well. I don't understand why you keep attacking them. I don't see DealExtreme or any other stores sold them came out to explain what happened. RHS had the courage to step uo and you keep barking at them?

RHS is a fine store in my opinion. I don't know much about you, but with only around 20 posts here to accuse RHS like that. You don't have the credits to do that just yet. Learn from others to hear what they have to say about RHS.

Are you one of the competitor from RHS who will benefit from trashing your main competitor?
Take it easy. Most of us here are glad that RHS started this thread so we know what is going on.

If they sold a fake one accoring to Acekard, so what? They are replacing them. That's what a good online store is about. We should appreciate for what they have done and what they are doing. Not just trash them like what you did.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hsace said:
This doesn't make sense. I am looking at the Acekard I bought about a year ago. They have the Actel chip on it. It was the only authentic version available that time from Acekard. So, are they suggesting that what I have now became fake? What used to be authentic had become fake based on their site? I have recently bought another one from RHS for my cousin and I am comparing them. They look exactly the same. I also try the new one on a DSi 1.4 and it worked just fine.

But this isn't a year ago, this is now! It clearly states on the Acekard website Acekard @ Dec 26 2010fake ak2i. They're using the "Actel" chip which we do not use for a very long time. We do not sale this type of ak2i anymore

RHS claim there are AK2i's with a HWID of 80. I believe that's bullshit.

No one is suggesting your Acekard you brought a year ago is fake except RHS. Acekard isn't claiming or suggesting your 1yr old Acekard is a fake

RHS are suggesting that if these "80" cards they are shipping now are fake, then your 1 year old is a fake too. I believe that to be false.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the HWID of the Actel one I have is 80. They did not lie.

Now, I have two Acekards here, both with Actel chip. If I give them to you, you will tell me both of them are fakes because they look exactly the same and you won't be able to tell which is new and which one is old. Well, when I bought the 1st one that time, it was authentic. Now, it is fake because of the Actel chip.

Acekard as a company is not doing good business. They sold their design to others so they can make clones like the R4i Ultra. I don't think a good company will do that. I will really discount for what they say. I like the Acekard not because of Acekard, rather because of AKAIO. I think AKAIO was the main reason Acekard got here today. Without that they are just like another R4 out there.

tk_saturn, as I suggested, RHS is doing fine in this situation. There is really no reasons for you to come out like that to attack them. They claimed the HWID is 80, I can confirm that. They claimed the Actel ones work with DSi 1.4, I can confirm that too. I don't see them lying anywhere. You may not agree with them about the authentic of the Actel ones, but hell how do you explain my situation with two identical cards and one should be real and one should be fake?

realhotstuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you hsace,

Customers' words are always the best for us to get going. There is really no need for us to lie. We thank you trusting us and your testifying about the hwid 80 and dsi 1.4 issue. We are happy that you prove us not bullshit.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The carts aren't the same.

Fake AKi2 as supplied by RHS with Actel chip
fake2.jpg

Real 1st gen AK2i with Actel ship (on right)

PCB_back.JPG

Notice the PCB is a different shape, and the part of the bottom where the contacts are hasn't been etched. If you look closely you can also see the track layout is different and some of the tiny holes are in a different location. If the PCB is a different shape, then presumably internally the cart is from a different mould to accommodate this different PCB. At the top of the fake there is a circular cutout in the middle to accommodate where case fits. The genuine cards lack that cutout, so that case wouldn't fit them.

These currently shipping Actel are fakes.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand your intension of doig this. You don't have any AK2i from RHS and you were saying they lied about the card runs on DSi 1.4. You accused them for lying about the card has HWID of 80 which I happened to have one with 80. Do you have an AK2i you bought from them which doesn't run on DSi 1.4? Do you have an AK2i you bought from them which is not HWID of 80?

The pictures show the difference between the Actel one and non-Actel one. It doesn't prove my point of the old Actel one and the new Actel one.

You are like a mad dog got nothing better to do but browsing the forum and looking for something to bark at. I gave up on you. You just kept repeating the same thing over and over again while skipping the accusation you made.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Then why are people who have purchased these from you unable to use them on DSi's?

Are you sure ALL had this problem? Can't they just be broken? Acekard is known for shoddy products, after all.

I do wonder how come Acekard suddenly became reputable and worthy of trust. Remember: AKAIO (the only thing that gave this cart any value) is not made by Acekard.

They are freaking flash cart developers. Pretty much all are sketchy and release dozens of versions of their carts. Who's to say this supposedly fake Acekards are not actually a bad batch made by Acekard themselves and now they're trying to get out of it?

But let's believe Acekard. There's sure more reasons to believe them than RHS.
rolleyes.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hsace said:
The pictures show the difference between the Actel one and non-Actel one. It doesn't prove my point of the old Actel one and the new Actel one.

Nope, two images both from Acekard's site. The first is of an old 1st gen Actel, and the second is of the fake Actel's which are shipping. The second also has a non-actel in shot which is irrevelant to this debate.

These confirm the currently shipping Actel's are different to the original Actel's shipped by Actel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021