Regarding Fake Acekard 2i issue

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by realhotstuff, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2010
  1. realhotstuff
    OP

Newcomer realhotstuff Advanced Member

United States
    We had so many complaints since Acekard posted the pictures of fake Acekard 2i. Here is what we found. Of course, Acekard never came out to clear everything out. We don't know what happened internally within them.

What happened?
    The team broke up. Some of them left and started using the original Actel design to manufacture Acekard 2i. The ones they produced came with 1.4 pre-loaded.

Why everyone was selling this version instead of the non-Actel version?
    At that point, that was the only version worked. The non-Actel version had problem patching for the 1.4.

How to tell?
    From outside, you could feel the chip by touching the front for the Actel chip.

How about the HWID?
    The Actel one has HWID of 80 while the non-Actel one has HWID of 81. When you try to patch it, you will see HWID of 8080 or 8181 instead.

Do the Actel ones work?
    Yes, they do work with Acekard firmware and AKAIO.

Are the Actel ones fake?
    It depends on how you see it. The Actel one was from the original design, but was manufactured by a group who are no longer with Acekard. The group who has control over the Acekard web site can claim whatever they want to since they control the site.

How come my Actel one doesn't work?
    The defective rate of Acekard is very high. Chances are you had a defective one. It does not mean you had a fake one. Again, it depends on how you define it. From the group who controls the web site, they are. But, if that applies, whoever owns the old one from the past has a fake one now by the definition.

What are you going to do with the Actel ones?
    We think they are real in terms of functionality and compatibility. However, to avoid the issue of being accused selling fakes, we are getting the non-Actel ones from our supplier. We should have them later this week. We still have some of the Actel ones in stock. We do not think there are anything wrong with them. If you prefer to have the non-Actel ones, please wait till next week when we have them in stock.

Can I replace my Actel one with a non-Actel one?
    Absolutely. If you don't feel comfortable with it. Open a support ticket with us. We will get it replaced.

We don't know about the ones from DX are real or fake or the same as us. We do know what we have and we do care about the issue. For those of you who purchased Ak2i from us, sorry about the confusion and trouble. Without Acekard replying to our email to them, without being able to purchase directly from them, we do not have too much control over the issue. We had to trust our suppliers and so far they had been very reliable. We learned about the problem internally at Acekard from them as well.

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    So your saying there are 2 groups that make the Acekard? One is the old group that are still making the Actel chips and the new one isn't and controls the website?

3. realhotstuff
    OP

United States
    That's what we heard from our supplier.

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Just looked at my Acekard 2i that I bought from you guys and its hardware 81 without the actel chip. Though I bought it in July I think. Works perfectly really happy with the cart.

5. realhotstuff
    OP

United States
    You have the non-Actel one. Those version has HWID of 81. While the Actel one has HWID of 80.

6. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Could this also be behind the issue with the AK2.1 save issue? perhaps it's the breakaway group which is behind the bad batch, hence the reason they only work with the older firmware?

7. realhotstuff
    OP

United States
    No, that's a totally different issue. They simply had a bad batch with lots of problems.

8. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    This explains a lot, I have never seen so many people having issues with the acekard.

9. realhotstuff
    OP

United States
    Agree! Unfortunately we are the victims of the event.

10. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Your thread should inform some people. But I bet it sucks having to deal with all those complaints...

Thanks for telling us, though.

My friend will be getting an Acekard 2.1, and I saw that AK's with Actel chips bulge out a little. Does the HWID 81 version not have a bulge?

11. sedicius

Newcomer sedicius Member

United States
    There is no bulge. It's smooth.

12. realhotstuff
    OP

United States
    No, it doesn't. If you want the one with HWID of 81, you will need to wait for few days until we have them from our supplier.

We have no problem taking care of our customers. We just don't like being accused of selling fakes. We have tried every possible way to avoid that.

We had a customer who bought from us in April 2009, told us that lately he wanted a replacement because we sold him a fake one after he read the post here. He might have the original one with Actel back then when they had the version. He was saying that he's got a fake one and wanted a real one.

Acekard does not want to step forward to make it clear. It is just hard for us to handle. That's also the reason we made the topic here so we can at least explain our situation.

13. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I have an actel one. It works just fine, so I dont think i'll be sending it back, but thank you for informing us of this issue. its more than 4coolday would have done >_>

14. SgtThom

Member SgtThom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My hardware is 81 so it's not the Actel version

15. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    wtf are you talking about? did you actually read the post?

16. SgtThom

Member SgtThom GBAtemp Regular

United States

I just read the opening post sorry.

17. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    See my sig.

18. kyosuke_nanbu

Newcomer kyosuke_nanbu Newbie

United States
    This is really great news from RealHotStuff! [​IMG]

Thank you very much for clearing the doubts with your services. I myself have been a customer of your site since the beginning day of NDS, but I had a little doubt after this whole 'fake' incident, because I believe I am one of those people who received 'bad batch'.

I already opened a support ticket and have been waiting to send the cart back and glad to know that you all are aware of this issue!

I think this topic should be stickied for the people experiencing the annoying firmware glitch.

19. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
  20. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Very interesting stuff, RHS. Although I've heard another story about team Acekard, namely that they've sold their Acekard 2 design to a chinese OEM manufacturer. Although this could be related to the problem of R4 Ultra clones. Regardless, it's very sad to see how much the team really cares about their customers and distribution channels. I really wonder if their 1-year warranty is still in place at all. I mean the distributors like RHS have no choice but to replace the defective units, but do you guys really get these replaced from the AK team? And like you said, if it weren't for AKAIO, this cart would never have reached the level of success that it did. However the recent unfortunate events have even put AKAIO on hold. And that's not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.