Hacking Red wii and gamecube iso loading?

Celice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any fancy new tricks to getting gamecube isos to load on the red wii? I know the drive's been updated to check against most plain DVDs, but my brother's been having a lot of trouble getting gamecube isos to load. We got the USB loader working fine for Wii games, but it crashes on loading any gamecube games (though the loader recognizes them).

My brother's disabled and so getting back and forth between the computer and wii can be a hassle (he uses the same TV for viewing both), and I'm not always there to help. Are there any clear tutorials to getting gamecube backup loaders running? Any conflicts that perhaps the USB loader (I saw his IOS was 58, if that matters any) would bring to the table? I want to help him out, but I'm not familiar with any of the wii modding stuff.

There's tons of posts on this I'm sure, but I haven't been able to wade through much, since GBAtemp's search is notorious for giving you everything but what you're looking for
ohnoes.png

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NOT possible.

You need an older Wii without a D3 drive.
Usb loading is only possible throught Wode.

BURNED DISC LOADING IS NOT POSSIBLE ON A NEW RED WII.

Celice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might not have been clear, so if not, what I mean specifically is loading gamecube isos off a storage medium, such as the harddrive or an SD card (which I know a few channels offer to choice to load from these, including for gamecube games). Disks are obviously completely out of the question.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
NOT possible.

You need an older Wii without a D3 drive.

Usb loading is only possible throught Wode.

BURNED DISC LOADING IS NOT POSSIBLE ON A NEW RED WII.

USB gecko and SD boot could also work. But good luck finding a USB Gecko nowadays.

QUOTE(Celice @ Dec 27 2010, 11:30 AM) I might not have been clear, so if not, what I mean specifically is loading gamecube isos off a storage medium, such as the harddrive or an SD card (which I know a few channels offer to choice to load from these, including for gamecube games). Disks are obviously completely out of the question.

What channel would that be? It does not exsist.

Celice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it was a Wiigator channel which allowed you to choose to boot an iso image from either a physical disk, a usb device, or an SD card.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Celice said:
I believe it was a Wiigator channel which allowed you to choose to boot an iso image from either a physical disk, a usb device, or an SD card.
Nope, that's impossible because the gamecube mode will disable wii sd and usb. DIOS-MIOS was a project to load from USB, but it failed. You will need a older wii dvd drive, a WODE, a sd gecko or usb gecko, that's everything you can do.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
There is no possible way to boot GCN games off of anything other than a DVD-R, except getting a WODE, but even that would provide you with rather 'unstable' gameplay. The closest we've gotten is with DIOS-MIOS, but that's no longer in development, and it only supports a handful of (bad?) titles.

The WiiGator channel basically is what NeoGamma R9 Beta does nowadays. Boots games from DVD-R, USB HDD, or SD Card. However, GameCube games can only be run from disc.

In short, there isn't a possible way, as of right now, that GameCube games can be run from USB HDD or an SD card using a softmodded Wii. Your best choice is to replace the DVD drive with an older D3 drive. Or you could get a WODE...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
wrong. the wiikey fusion can load game cube games.

You can either use a disc emulator modchip (hardmod) or go the softmod route and load via things like wiigator etc.

As for the disc drives, you can order an older disc drive and swap out the newer D3-2 disc drives if you want to use physical backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...