How can I get project+ working on Wiiflow lite?

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been trying to load project+ on wiiflow lite with no luck, any help would be appreciated!

edit: Solved! (sorta) I managed to get it to load from the standard loader with a USB as the video tutorial states, i have an SDXC SD card in my wii so i needed to extract this file to the root of my SD

Attachments

• SDXC_Extension.zip
    117.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by elezzar,

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What part are you having trouble with?

https://projectplusgame.com/download
I've split my smash bros brawl wbfs file into two pieces put them on my SD in the wbfs folder with my other games, my IOS are all updated and vanilla smash bros brawl loads perfectly but I'm not sure how to get it working with the mod in wiiflow, i tried following one guide on reddit and putting

gameconfig.txt from the project+ folder to ---> SD:/wiiflow/codes
and
RSBE01.GCT -----> SD:/wiiflow/gct

within wiiflow i tried turning on ocarina, setting the hooktype to VBI and setting the video mode to NTSC, as well as setting my IOS to 249

still, i couldn't get it to find the cheat file in the select cheats menu so i tried moving RSBE01.txt to SD:/wiiflow/codes and it showed one cheat with a bunch of hashes in wiiflow after that, i enabled it, but when i load smash it still loads vanilla smash bros brawl

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you launch Project+ the same way you launch homebrew in Wiiflow? Or from Hombrew Channel, for that matter?

I understand you're trying to configure it as a mod *in* Wiiflow but you don't need to do that to launch it *from* Wiiflow. Unless you really want to eliminate vanilla brawl simultaneously.

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you launch Project+ the same way you launch homebrew in Wiiflow? Or from Hombrew Channel, for that matter?

I understand you're trying to configure it as a mod *in* Wiiflow but you don't need to do that to launch it *from* Wiiflow. Unless you really want to eliminate vanilla brawl simultaneously.
the project plus launcher that came with project plus just returns to the wii system menu if thats what you mean, I'm only looking to launch the mod, not eliminate vanilla brawl or anything like that.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so you're still trying to get Project+ going at all. Your question included Wiiflow configuration that's beyond the initial step. Let's try to get Project+ working first - Wiiflow independent.

First, I'd just try redoing the add Project+ to SD card step. That launcher isn't working, so something is broken, and it could be as simple as something wrong in the initial install attempt.

Also, here's the link to the text setup guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ciEilZUnErUFPJCs0bxIM40Impu4VrIlBohxeD3dSqE/edit

If you still have trouble, please let me know which configuration you're using - I only have experience with USB loader, as opposed to hackless. I suspect my next recommendation will be to rehack your Wii (Project+ needs certain CIOS to work in this configuration).

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll double check my CIOS later to make sure everything is the same but I updated everything using modmii not long ago so everything should work just fine with those CIOS installed?

This guide only covers USB loading and I have my brawl wbfs file on my SD. Could that be the reason its not working? Or would it work in the SD:/wbfs folder just the same?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that the hack method doesn't work with Brawl on SD - that the Project+ loader only looks in USB:/ for the Brawl image.

I looked through my install and didn't see anything resembling a configuration file/option to set the Brawl location path.

I think you should test that first. Your same setup, just with brawl on a USB-connected drive, in a /wbfs folder as instructed in the last link.

I agree that if you used modmii recently then there should be no CIOS issue.

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that the hack method doesn't work with Brawl on SD - that the Project+ loader only looks in USB:/ for the Brawl image.

I looked through my install and didn't see anything resembling a configuration file/option to set the Brawl location path.

I think you should test that first. Your same setup, just with brawl on a USB-connected drive, in a /wbfs folder as instructed in the last link.

I agree that if you used modmii recently then there should be no CIOS issue.
trying that; when i load the launcher with my USB in either port, the light on my USB flashes (indicating activity) and then the project plus usb loader screen comes in with a message "waiting on HDD 20 seconds left" and then returns to the wii system menu.
the only thing I did differently from the guide is I used Wiimms ISO tools instead of WBFS tool to split/convert my file but i don't think that should make a difference to the process.

do the smash bros wbfs/wbf1 files need to be named anything specific for it to detect them?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive's data cable should be plugged into the bottom USB port, when the Wii disc drive is horizontal.

As a preliminary test, you should just be trying to get vanilla brawl to boot from the USB drive using Wiiflow. If that's not working, and you're confident your CIOS and USB loader software is fine, then it's either a bad image file or a bad drive.

You could try using Wii Backup Manager to copy the game image from your computer to the intended drive, it auto renames files as needed to work with a USB loader. https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Wii_Backup_Manager.

It's possible that the USB drive you're trying to use is not compatible. I don't think the 'waiting on hdd' happens merely because a game file is improperly named.

Reactions: elezzar

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive's data cable should be plugged into the bottom USB port, when the Wii disc drive is horizontal.

As a preliminary test, you should just be trying to get vanilla brawl to boot from the USB drive using Wiiflow. If that's not working, and you're confident your CIOS and USB loader software is fine, then it's either a bad image file or a bad drive.

You could try using Wii Backup Manager to copy the game image from your computer to the intended drive, it auto renames files as needed to work with a USB loader. https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Wii_Backup_Manager.

It's possible that the USB drive you're trying to use is not compatible. I don't think the 'waiting on hdd' happens merely because a game file is improperly named.
I successfully loaded vanilla brawl from USB in the port you specified using wiiflow lite, so the image and drive are definitely good.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at a USB drive from a working setup. Project+ version 2.28. Here are the file names and paths for Brawl:

USB:\wbfs\Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]\RSBE01.wbf1 [[~3GB]]
USB:\wbfs\Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]\RSBE01.wbfs [[~4GB]]

Reactions: elezzar

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at a USB drive from a working setup. Project+ version 2.28. Here are the file names and paths for Brawl:

USB:\wbfs\Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]\RSBE01.wbf1 [[~3GB]]
USB:\wbfs\Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]\RSBE01.wbfs [[~4GB]]
unfortunately it still returns to system menu exactly as before, even after setting up my drive paths and directories the same as what you listed.

edit: I tried it again and recopying the files and now it got to black screen and the usb activity light flashes every 9 or so seconds. gonna try another USB of the same model and also a micro SD to USB adapter just to be 100% sure the drive isn't bad

Last edited by elezzar,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not confident you should directly rename files to my example. It's possible that the splitting/conversion software you used produced an image that works with Wiiflow but not with Project+. If you rule out hardware, I recommend trying the Project+ specified splitting method for the Brawl image.

My other idea is that the Project+ launcher is improperly using a different IOS than Wiiflow (probably 249). USB loader hard drive support/performance is in part based on the IOS the launcher tries to use. HBC doesn't have settings, so maybe a Priiloader force IOS setting might help.

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not confident you should directly rename files to my example. It's possible that the splitting/conversion software you used produced an image that works with Wiiflow but not with Project+. If you rule out hardware, I recommend trying the Project+ specified splitting method for the Brawl image.

My other idea is that the Project+ launcher is improperly using a different IOS than Wiiflow (probably 249). USB loader hard drive support/performance is in part based on the IOS the launcher tries to use. HBC doesn't have settings, so maybe a Priiloader force IOS setting might help.
I'll try forcing 249 and see what happens, thanks :)

edit: I can't find the setting in priiloader? unless its "Use System Menu IOS"

Last edited by elezzar,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's listed as a disc channel setting. This is more of a can't hurt but probably won't help idea.

elezzar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's listed as a disc channel setting. This is more of a can't hurt but probably won't help idea.
found it, just tried, it didn't change anything.

i also tried on USB loader GX using this guide (both loading from SD and USB) and also got a black screen:

I think i'll ask on the project+ discord but thanks for trying to help i appreciate it :D
Post automatically merged:

found it, just tried, it didn't change anything.

i also tried on USB loader GX using this guide (both loading from SD and USB) and also got a black screen:

I think i'll ask on the project+ discord but thanks for trying to help i appreciate it :D

after checking out the discord I found I needed to extract this file to the root of my SD, as project plus apparently doesn't work on SDXC cards by default

Attachments

• SDXC_Extension.zip
    117.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by elezzar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto