Red Dead Redemption heads to Switch and PS4, but will not be a remaster, and will not release on PC

Rockstar is finally bringing its beloved Red Dead Redemption to new platforms, but it's not in the way that most fans expected. Red Dead Redemption, and its Undead Nightmare expansion are getting a modern release on the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Studio Double Eleven is working on this version of the game, which exists as a port rather than a remaster, with Rockstar referring to it as a "conversion". There will not be a native PlayStation 5 release of Red Dead Redemption, though the PS4 game will be backwards compatible and work on the PlayStation 5. PC players who have clamored for the game appear to have been ignored, with no PC port announced. Red Dead Redemption will retail both physically and digitally for $49.99, with a launch date of August 17th.

Experience the epic Western adventure Red Dead Redemption and its groundbreaking zombie-horror companion, Undead Nightmare, as both games come to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the very first time in a single package. In a new conversion by Double Eleven Studios, the Switch and PS4 versions bring the two classic experiences together again for both new players and original fans to enjoy across modern consoles, including backwards compatibility with the PlayStation 5.

One of the most critically acclaimed games of all time with over 170 Game of the Year Awards, Red Dead Redemption tells the story of former outlaw John Marston as he journeys across the sprawling expanses of the American West and Mexico to track down the last remaining members of the notorious Van der Linde Gang in a bid to save his family. Relive, or experience for the first time, the events immediately following the epic tale of honor and loyalty in the 2018 blockbuster Red Dead Redemption 2 as Marston hunts down his former friends and outlaws Bill Williamson, Javier Escuella, and his former gang leader, Dutch van der Linde as the era of the cowboy comes to its end.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn what did pc users do to not get a rdr1 port
Blame Sony getting cozy with the Houser brothers and paying them a big enough check to make GTA 3 exclusive to the ps2. that decision started this mess, since then the idiots made more money than God from the deal and now hold board room meetings in neighborhood titty bars.

• Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
According to comments, it runs better than RPCS3.

The Switch port will probably run at 15-20fps. 🤣 I hope I'm wrong.

It runs better on Xenia at lower resolutions (720p on lower) on older cards/cpus.
At higher resolutions or newer hardware, it runs better on RPCS3, judging by the contents of the video you posted.

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
damn what did pc users do to not get a rdr1 port
It'll probably come later, RDR2 took two years to come to PC
Post automatically merged:

According to comments, it runs better than RPCS3.

The Switch port will probably run at 15-20fps. 🤣 I hope I'm wrong.
RDR is a PS3/360 game so the Switch can definitely run it

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rockstar looking to piss even more people off than they did with the GTA remasters. Didn't think they could do it, but here we are
I believe after GTA remasters scandal, the company tried to save face this time by porting few platforms per time, to see how good the result of "this" convertion.

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I believe after GTA remasters scandal, the company tried to save face this time by porting few platforms per time, to see how good the result of "this" convertion.
Also probably helps that RDR is already backwards compatible on Xbox and it runs so there's no reason to make a new version available for Xbox so that just leaves PC and PS5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: