New Red Dead Redemption logo found on Rockstar's website, fueling remaster rumors

rdr1.png

Over the last few years, countless amounts of rumors have claimed that Rockstar is working on a remaster of Red Dead Redemption. An insider leaker claimed that a remaster was in the works, but wound up cancelled, while last month, the South Korean Ratings Board posted a recent filing for a classification for Red Dead Redemption. This latest update adds even more fuel to the fire, as Rockstar updated their website today, secretly uploading a new logo for the game. Posted under the codename "RDR1RSP", it's a slightly tweaked logo for Red Dead Redemption 1, with 'Rockstar Games Presents" preceding it.

Still, no official word from Rockstar as to whether there will ever be a modern re-release of their 13-year-old game, which to this day remains stranded on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compared the one arthur lived, yes, it was infinitely better and longer
I've not played RDR2, but the ending of Redemption 1 was so depressing and memorable I still remember like I'd have finished it yesterday.

Is that a spoiler? While it is, it's an "old" game so folks who wanted to play probably have already (it's on PS3/360/One/Series).

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember a very long time ago, Dan Houser said something along the lines of "RDR never came to PC since it was one of the first games that used Rage and the code was a bit of a mess", this was also backed up by the absolute state that was GTAIV on PC.

Given the classic GTA 3D Trilogy were actually fairly decent on both Console and PC yet R* still managed to butcher the remaster I'm guessing this is also gonna be an absolute trainwreck. Remember folks, once bitten twice shy, avoid this like the plague until we know for sure it isn't another rushed and soulless cashgrab they can use to dangle infront of the shareholders while GTA 6 is still years away.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
What does the RSP means in RDR1RSP
My guess is Red Dead Redemption 1 Remake/Remaster Single Player.
Or
Red Dead Redemption 1 Re-Storation Project (since they said it was speggetti code and was too hard to post to PC which will include the x86 consoles these days so they had to rebuild/refactor it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow