New Red Dead Redemption logo found on Rockstar's website, fueling remaster rumors

rdr1.png

Over the last few years, countless amounts of rumors have claimed that Rockstar is working on a remaster of Red Dead Redemption. An insider leaker claimed that a remaster was in the works, but wound up cancelled, while last month, the South Korean Ratings Board posted a recent filing for a classification for Red Dead Redemption. This latest update adds even more fuel to the fire, as Rockstar updated their website today, secretly uploading a new logo for the game. Posted under the codename "RDR1RSP", it's a slightly tweaked logo for Red Dead Redemption 1, with 'Rockstar Games Presents" preceding it.

Still, no official word from Rockstar as to whether there will ever be a modern re-release of their 13-year-old game, which to this day remains stranded on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

:arrow: Source

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been meaning to test it's emulation performance on SteamDeck but it'll be a hard pass if they ask for a $70 MSRP and add like 100GBs worth of textures
The GTA trilogy remaster is €60 but for all 3 games. I don't think they'll releasing RDR remaster for 20 but I wouldn't be surprised if they aimed at 30.
On the bright side RDR and Undead Nightmare are both backwards compatible on Xbox One/Series consoles, so you can still run them on modern hardware with relative ease, with enhanced visuals too.
I replayed them there just before RDR2 came out, but an update would be nice.
Post automatically merged:

What does the RSP means in RDR1RSP
'RockStar games Presents', me thinks, the tweaked thing in the logo.

Reactions: AlexMCS and Moon164

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The GTA trilogy remaster is €60 but for all 3 games. I don't think they'll releasing RDR remaster for 20 but I wouldn't be surprised if they aimed at 30.

Post automatically merged:

'RockStar games Presents', me thinks, the tweaked thing in the logo.
Then it should be RSPRDR1

Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Then it should be RSPRDR1

If you have codename for different versions of game you want game title acronym to be first. I assure you.

Beside internally it's titled

Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Presents Ver.)

The file name might be for indexing purposes, the RDR1 is the most important part, so it goes first, the RSP goes after, like you @masagrator say, to specify the version. On file listings or name listings it'll appear right next to RDR2.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that's how things are going now, more remasters than new games, eh Rockstar? Have no issue with this particular game (or other Rockstar titles) being re-released/ or remastered on current-gen systems (finally RDR1 is playable on pc), but what about new titles made by Rockstar? Or even dlc??

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, absolutely - a new coat of paint is not quite like a brand new car. :P
The file name might be for indexing purposes, the RDR1 is the most important part, so it goes first, the RSP goes after, like you @masagrator say, to specify the version. On file listings or name listings it'll appear right next to RDR2.
If they don’t call it Red Dead Remastered, they need to fire their marketing guy.

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: pustal

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but I always liked RDR1 more than RDR2.
If people were aware of Revolver that would be even more confusing. 😆

There's:
Red Dead Revolver (Spaghetti Western)
Red Dead Redemption (Western)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Western)

By simply "Western," it's more of a serious take similar to John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies while Spaghetti Western, it's more akin to Once Upon a Time in the West.

I fuckin' love this movie!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...