Really weird problem with my Firefox...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by War, Jan 16, 2009.

Jan 16, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I've been using Shiretoko for a while and never had this sort of problem... the browser refuses to load up most pages and instead loads up something called Megaclick Advertisement 2.0 or something weird like that. The page will say that the website I'm trying to reach is down or that I misspelled the url... both of those are lies since it's GBAtemp I was trying to access. I made sure I didn't make any mistakes, and I know it isn't down because I could see some pages and some would crash... if it was down, I would assume none of the pages would work. I also tried about 10 other sites and kept getting the same Megaclick thing... so I really don't know what to do. I'm scanning my computer for viruses right now, and trying to download Safari, but every time I get to the download page, I get the Megaclick thing...

2. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    ouch.. im using safari and its awsome.. about the firefox I havent had this problem ever.. i'd re-install or use internet explorer meenwhile.

3. Holaitsme

Member Holaitsme 10/10 would be loyal again

United States
    It looks like the problem is cause by the megaupload toolbar.
    Try the things mentioned on this website and see if it works.
    website
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Edit:added the websites thread in case it redirects you.

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    well shiretoko is only in the testing stages afterall, maybe it would be better if u downgraded to a stable release..

5. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I uninstalled the MU Toolbar before I left my house this morning, and I also downloaded Safari... hopefully, the problem will be gone when I get back home.