Gaming Really weird problem with my Firefox...

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been using Shiretoko for a while and never had this sort of problem... the browser refuses to load up most pages and instead loads up something called Megaclick Advertisement 2.0 or something weird like that. The page will say that the website I'm trying to reach is down or that I misspelled the url... both of those are lies since it's GBAtemp I was trying to access. I made sure I didn't make any mistakes, and I know it isn't down because I could see some pages and some would crash... if it was down, I would assume none of the pages would work. I also tried about 10 other sites and kept getting the same Megaclick thing... so I really don't know what to do. I'm scanning my computer for viruses right now, and trying to download Safari, but every time I get to the download page, I get the Megaclick thing...

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the problem is cause by the megaupload toolbar.
Try the things mentioned on this website and see if it works.
website
geoff1406
08-31-2007, 08:35 AM
I have run countless virus and spy ware programs but to no avail. Every 2 or 3 pages i get this problem
http://www.megaclick.com/notfound/?lg=en&a...e=megaup&q=

I cannot connect with firefox or Internet explorer as tis spyware hijacks my browser

here is my hijack this log:

please help i am desperate
howard_hopkinso
08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Megaclick

Close control panel.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. (http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html) Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of geoff1406 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum (http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html).
Ad
08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Kaisar
09-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I have seen numerous posts about megaclick. There is no need to log all these hijack attempts. Megaclick URL, DNS, and search redirection is dependent of the MegaUpload toolbar. Uninstalling the toolbar removes the redirections. Also, you can shut off megaclick within the toolbar. You can also delete just the entries for the redirects out of the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR.
I-Got-It-Gone!
10-19-2007, 11:09 PM
I had this very same problem, and I hope you have been able to solve it by now, but when I found out how very simple it is to get rid of I felt like the biggest moron ever. Very simple for the annoying problem:

In Firefox go to Tools
Go to Add ons
Simple have it uninstall the toolbar (You will have to restart FireFox)

And there you go problem gone. You dont need to go through hundreds of free scanners that dont work.
bushwhacker
10-20-2007, 01:19 AM
I had this very same problem, and I hope you have been able to solve it by now, but when I found out how very simple it is to get rid of I felt like the biggest moron ever. Very simple for the annoying problem:

In Firefox go to Tools
Go to Add ons
Simple have it uninstall the toolbar (You will have to restart FireFox)

And there you go problem gone. You dont need to go through hundreds of free scanners that dont work.

And for additional protection, he will need to have those free scanners.

Edit:added the websites thread in case it redirects you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1