Hacking Real-time menu is choosey when it comes to games...

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some trouble with the real-time menu: For the majority of older games, the menu can be enabled at any time. For most newer games, (and interestingly enough, Tales of Innocence), it will only work in certain parts of the game (or not even at all!).

Is this an isolated issue, or are others having problems with this as well? Is there a fix?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they have to occasionally release updates to resolve these issues.
It's only on version 1.03 right now, more game fixes and bug fixes will come.

I'd say, chances are the real-time menu is having problems with Tales of Innocence because it is a patched rom.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It could be worse, on the CycloDS many games will actually lock up if you use the in game menu at the wrong time (anytime other than on the main world/dungeon/town map in Final Fantasy 4 such as in battle, in the menus, or a cutscene). The worst I have seen from the DSTwo is that you just can't access the menu.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
someone posted this in another thread when i found out this same thing, in ToI, the menu loads up when you are in the items menu.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a similar problem after dumping my Dragon Quest game - the real time menu would only come up during times where there's no action on screen and during the intro. It actually corrupted one of my saves :/

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this is true. One example that I can give is when using the In-Game Menu on Sonic and SEGA - All-Stars Racing. When you first load the game and get to the main menu with the picture of the game, the In-Game Menu doesn't work. But once you move on ahead into the game, the In-Game Menu then works.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
All it is, is when the buttons you are using for your hotkey are ignored on that stage of the game then the hotkey won't work because your DS is ignoring those buttons

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
I have this same problem. It doesn't pop up on newer, 3D games. Bit annoying but its only on v1.03 so I'll give it at least til v2 until I complain
smile.gif

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
All it is, is when the buttons you are using for your hotkey are ignored on that stage of the game then the hotkey won't work because your DS is ignoring those buttons

Eh, unless you have proof, I'm not so sure about that. Specifically, in ToI, I have to keep mashing the hotkeys during conversations. It'll work after about 20 seconds. In battle, where presumably the ds is accepting all buttons, the screen won't come up.

gojoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been entering the main menu in ToI and then holding the hot keys as I exit and it has worked for me so far. So my guess is a large change happening will do the trick for tricky games, like opening or closing main menus, starting/ending battles or entering/exiting areas.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was the only having problems with DSTwo while play Tales of Innocence (:wtf:) but I don't really mind...

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
campbell00 said:
alidsl said:

Eh, unless you have proof, I'm not so sure about that. Specifically, in ToI, I have to keep mashing the hotkeys during conversations. It'll work after about 20 seconds. In battle, where presumably the ds is accepting all buttons, the screen won't come up.

JEEZZ He is really trustable! and THE SUPERCARD TEAM themselves say the same! So if you cannot use the buttons in the game, then they are disabled and we cannot use them to open our in-game menu!

I hope this will be enough proof for you!

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
campbell00 said:
alidsl said:

JEEZZ He is really trustable! and THE SUPERCARD TEAM themselves say the same! So if you cannot use the buttons in the game, then they are disabled and we cannot use them to open our in-game menu!

I hope this will be enough proof for you!

Either:

A) You are making fun of me in an ironic manner, in which I don't really appricaiate

B) You have the eloquence of a 3rd grader, which is embaressing in it's own right. (Unless you are a 3rd grader, in which case I welcome you to the forums! just don't stay up too late!)

C) You don't speak English well. In that case, disregard A and B

I don't see how my post warranted a reply such as this. By proof, I meant a source. And I was questionable because I put this theory to the test and came back with contrasting results. It really wasn't as unreasonable as you make it seem. Where did the Supercard team say this?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omg much people say this and still you do not believe this?

Look I can make a little sample for you:

Like a game that starts up, you decide that you do not want to play that game so you want to activate the in-game menu. You try it and WTF it does not work so you ask it here.

This could be the problem:

1. THE BUTTONS ARE SHUT OFF BY THE GAME

2. Your Nds buttons are fucked up

3. maybe there is a bug in the firmware that you cannot activate the in-game menu!

So reasons enough you do not need any source or whatever and if you still do not believe us, then you should try to invade this forum http://forum.supercard.sc/
instead of asking for things we do need to prove before you believe it.

Note: The link leads to the OFFICIAL SUPERCARD FORUM.

uhm it was somewhere here or on the chinese forum I do not remember.

Importend edit: I live in Holland so I do not understand the Grade system...

And my english is not that good.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then how come the in-game-menu works in cut scenes (where the buttons are deactivated too) in many games? Also on AK2 soft-reset works in every game afaik.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SpaceJump said:
Then how come the in-game-menu works in cut scenes (where the buttons are deactivated too) in many games? Also on AK2 soft-reset works in every game afaik.

Sometimes, they are activated but UNUSED!
wink.gif

But ak2 is NOT SC dstwo you know!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dark Langin said:
SpaceJump said:
But ak2 is NOT SC dstwo you know!
Hm, then there's room for improvement so the SC Team can/should work on their in-game menu routine when those work on AK2 everywhere.

Which game(s) in-game-menu don't work because the buttons are deactivated? I have a SCDS two and AK2 so I could test it on both. Just curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol