Real-time menu is choosey when it comes to games...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by campbell00, Jul 13, 2010.

1. campbell00
    OP

Member campbell00 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been having some trouble with the real-time menu: For the majority of older games, the menu can be enabled at any time. For most newer games, (and interestingly enough, Tales of Innocence), it will only work in certain parts of the game (or not even at all!).

Is this an isolated issue, or are others having problems with this as well? Is there a fix?

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I think they have to occasionally release updates to resolve these issues.
    It's only on version 1.03 right now, more game fixes and bug fixes will come.

I'd say, chances are the real-time menu is having problems with Tales of Innocence because it is a patched rom.

3. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

It could be worse, on the CycloDS many games will actually lock up if you use the in game menu at the wrong time (anytime other than on the main world/dungeon/town map in Final Fantasy 4 such as in battle, in the menus, or a cutscene). The worst I have seen from the DSTwo is that you just can't access the menu.

4. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    someone posted this in another thread when i found out this same thing, in ToI, the menu loads up when you are in the items menu.

5. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Try changing your Real Time Menu Hotkey.

6. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've had a similar problem after dumping my Dragon Quest game - the real time menu would only come up during times where there's no action on screen and during the intro. It actually corrupted one of my saves :/

7. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Actually, this is true. One example that I can give is when using the In-Game Menu on Sonic and SEGA - All-Stars Racing. When you first load the game and get to the main menu with the picture of the game, the In-Game Menu doesn't work. But once you move on ahead into the game, the In-Game Menu then works.

8. eponie

Newcomer eponie Member

United States
    Same thing happen with Chrono Trigger.
    Can't access in-game menu while on world map.

9. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    All it is, is when the buttons you are using for your hotkey are ignored on that stage of the game then the hotkey won't work because your DS is ignoring those buttons

10. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    I have this same problem. It doesn't pop up on newer, 3D games. Bit annoying but its only on v1.03 so I'll give it at least til v2 until I complain [​IMG]

11. campbell00
    OP

United States
    Eh, unless you have proof, I'm not so sure about that. Specifically, in ToI, I have to keep mashing the hotkeys during conversations. It'll work after about 20 seconds. In battle, where presumably the ds is accepting all buttons, the screen won't come up.

12. gojoe

Newcomer gojoe Newbie

United States
    I've been entering the main menu in ToI and then holding the hot keys as I exit and it has worked for me so far. So my guess is a large change happening will do the trick for tricky games, like opening or closing main menus, starting/ending battles or entering/exiting areas.

13. takeshi10123

Newcomer takeshi10123 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I am having this issue with SuperCard DSONEi with some games that the in-game menu will not show up.

14. tajio

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I thought I was the only having problems with DSTwo while play Tales of Innocence (:wtf:) but I don't really mind...

15. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    JEEZZ He is really trustable! and THE SUPERCARD TEAM themselves say the same! So if you cannot use the buttons in the game, then they are disabled and we cannot use them to open our in-game menu!

I hope this will be enough proof for you!

16. campbell00
    OP

United States
    Either:

A) You are making fun of me in an ironic manner, in which I don't really appricaiate

B) You have the eloquence of a 3rd grader, which is embaressing in it's own right. (Unless you are a 3rd grader, in which case I welcome you to the forums! just don't stay up too late!)

C) You don't speak English well. In that case, disregard A and B

I don't see how my post warranted a reply such as this. By proof, I meant a source. And I was questionable because I put this theory to the test and came back with contrasting results. It really wasn't as unreasonable as you make it seem. Where did the Supercard team say this?

17. Langin

Netherlands
    Omg much people say this and still you do not believe this?

Look I can make a little sample for you:

Like a game that starts up, you decide that you do not want to play that game so you want to activate the in-game menu. You try it and WTF it does not work so you ask it here.

This could be the problem:

1. THE BUTTONS ARE SHUT OFF BY THE GAME

2. Your Nds buttons are fucked up

3. maybe there is a bug in the firmware that you cannot activate the in-game menu!

So reasons enough you do not need any source or whatever and if you still do not believe us, then you should try to invade this forum http://forum.supercard.sc/
    instead of asking for things we do need to prove before you believe it.

Note: The link leads to the OFFICIAL SUPERCARD FORUM.

uhm it was somewhere here or on the chinese forum I do not remember.

Importend edit: I live in Holland so I do not understand the Grade system...

And my english is not that good.

18. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Then how come the in-game-menu works in cut scenes (where the buttons are deactivated too) in many games? Also on AK2 soft-reset works in every game afaik.

19. Langin

Netherlands
    Sometimes, they are activated but UNUSED! [​IMG]

But ak2 is NOT SC dstwo you know!

20. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Hm, then there's room for improvement so the SC Team can/should work on their in-game menu routine when those work on AK2 everywhere.

Which game(s) in-game-menu don't work because the buttons are deactivated? I have a SCDS two and AK2 so I could test it on both. Just curious.