Fixing Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour

JunkYGO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm kinda posting this to gauge interest in a project I'd be looking to fund. I consider the DS game Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour to be pretty peak in terms of story/card play but there were a number of things that were just...not there that should have been. A handful of cards were missing that should have been there, fusion monsters with missing fusion materials (no where to be found in game), certain duelists disappearing altogether, the list goes on.

Is there anyone familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh! DS modding that would be willing to discuss the possibility of fixing Nightmare Troubadour's bugs so it could rest as one of the most perfect YGO games of all time? Please let me know!

• Love
Reactions: Sora85

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I'm kinda posting this to gauge interest in a project I'd be looking to fund. I consider the DS game Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour to be pretty peak in terms of story/card play but there were a number of things that were just...not there that should have been. A handful of cards were missing that should have been there, fusion monsters with missing fusion materials (no where to be found in game), certain duelists disappearing altogether, the list goes on.

Is there anyone familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh! DS modding that would be willing to discuss the possibility of fixing Nightmare Troubadour's bugs so it could rest as one of the most perfect YGO games of all time? Please let me know!
I am making an undub of this game. It has a lot of cancerous 4kids dubbing in it, unnecessary sentences added that for some reason they thought were funny (????), adding the missing normal monsters shouldn't be that hard as we won't have to touch the assembly to add or modify anything, but adding unique effect monsters would be a bit of a handful (that i personally find a bothersome), and since we're talking about fusion materials, this can only mean that we're modifying logic.

How far are you in this one ?

Sora85

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I think he is referring to cards that are not in the game and are from that era. And for some characters that once you reach a point in the story they disappear like Pegasus that cannot be challenged in any way. Are you doing an Undub? The version I've always played doesn't have voices xD

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he is referring to cards that are not in the game and are from that era. And for some characters that once you reach a point in the story they disappear like Pegasus that cannot be challenged in any way. Are you doing an Undub? The version I've always played doesn't have voices xD
Undub as in un-localize, remove references to the english dub, names, card artwork, card names, etc

Reactions: Sora85

Sora85

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

I am interested. More than anything in modifying the opponent's deck recipes after winning and making some events more fun.
Post automatically merged:

Undub as in un-localize, remove references to the english dub, names, card artwork, card names, etc
How complicated would it be to insert some more difficult recipes for opponents after finishing the game and include some extra events such as a duelist kingdom tournament or a battle center like pokemon, where you have to have a duel with everyone in a row? Like in GBA where you defeat all the rare hunters.

Last edited by Sora85,

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
I am interested. More than anything in modifying the opponent's deck recipes after winning and making some events more fun.
Post automatically merged:

How complicated would it be to insert some more difficult recipes for opponents after finishing the game and include some extra events such as a duelist kingdom tournament or a battle center like pokemon, where you have to have a duel with everyone in a row? Like in GBA where you defeat all the rare hunters.
Modify the duelist recipes is easy, insert whole events, it's hard, but only because i don't understand the entire logic behind the game

TheRealDeal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a couple months late but as the original poster mentioned this game Yu-gi-oh! Nightmare Troubadour could be one the best YGO games for a handheld system. One major bug fix I wanted to discuss would be the variety of Trap cards that don't trigger in between phases when they normally would, after they have been set and its your opponents turn. For example Dust Trapshoot not allowing you to activate during your opponents Main Phase. Is there a bug fix to correct this issue? Thanks!

YGONT.png
TrapDustShoot.png

Last edited by TheRealDeal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto