stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys

I'm still somewhat of a soldering n00b so bear with me.

A while back I had to send the Wii back to Nintendo because of the Brawl issue. I had to remove the WiiKey in a hurry so I could get it sent out ASAP, but didn't have an Iron handy. Anyways, it was a wired install and I just kind of pulled the wires off, leaving small bits of solder on the board contacts. My question is, now that I want to re-attach the WiiKey, does the old solder need to be removed or can I just heat it with a quick touch and quickly re-attach each wire?

tia for any help

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well when i tought i killed my Wii i just pulled my wires out too.

Well if theres still a little bit of wire inside the solder then remove them.
And then just resolder all the wires and you are good to go. (Unless you didn't make any wires break inside the wire)

I didn't do wire install after. I just did a quick solder becurse i knew it wont be hard to take of. But i would say reattach the wires.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah, nevermind. turns out the lying bastards replaced the whole dvd drive. (dust and smoke, LOL)

it was strange because nintendo sent me a letter back with the wii saying there was a 'foreign object' inside the wii and ssbb is tested and working now. they said they'd fix it for free 'this time' but next time they'd have to charge me..but uhm, all my games worked before i sent it to you, except brawl??? the funny part is that that 'foreign object' could hot have been placed inside the wii by a child or whatever, because it's too big to fit through any openings. it had to be something that fell off inside..it was a black, button shaped piece of plastic that had 'push' in tiny letters on the one side.

so anyways now the wiikey is useless and i'll need to spend some decent coin to get this wii playing backups again ---> boo hoo

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
At least I know now that I can tweak my laser weaker (and make it stop reading DL) send my Wii in with a friend's copy of Brawl if the drive ever deteriorates beyond the point that it is now.

EDIT: It was a D2C drive they ship you, wasn't it?

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
coolbho3000 said:
At least I know now that I can tweak my laser weaker (and make it stop reading DL) send my Wii in with a friend's copy of Brawl if the drive ever deteriorates beyond the point that it is now.

yes, it's a D2C and it had SBB-Wii written on the top with marker....hmm

it hums along like a dream though, quiet as a mouse. so losing the old drive isn't all bad.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stok3d said:
coolbho3000 said:

it hums along like a dream though, quiet as a mouse. so losing the old drive isn't all bad.

Lol. So are you going with the Wasabi now since Wiikey will not work?

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nin10doFan said:
stok3d said:
coolbho3000 said:

Lol. So are you going with the Wasabi now since Wiikey will not work?

possibly wasabi (named after the bud light commercials) but i want to look over the other options and see how things pan out over the next week or two. have been looking around my area for installers but haven't found one yet. the cheapest i've seen the wasabi or argon in canada for is around $55-$60 before tax and delivery, not bad i guess.

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
Wasabi is a spicy Japanese food, usually served with Sushi and Sushimi. Now, maybe the Wasabi chip happened to be inspired by the Bud-light commercial and I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure it isn't named for the commercial. Again, could be totally wrong and you have a bit of information that I don't.
smile.gif

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CPOStudios said:
Wasabi is a spicy Japanese food, usually served with Sushi and Sushimi. Now, maybe the Wasabi chip happened to be inspired by the Bud-light commercial and I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure it isn't named for the commercial. Again, could be totally wrong and you have a bit of information that I don't.
smile.gif

yeah i know..
smile.gif
but when i hear wasabi those commercials are the first thing i think of, heheh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system