Ideal OLED modchip installing without cutting SoC Frame and scratching CLK (D) point

Hello everyone.
Today I will show and tell you how I cured the Nintendo Switch OLED from greed without damaging the motherboard in any way (from the point of view of a perfectionist).
To begin with, I ordered the production of “Adapters” for flash memory on JLCPCB.

The textolite parameters were the following +pinout of emmc adapter bga153 nintendo switch oled:
Nand Adapter 5.pngNand Adapter 4.png
Delivery was quite fast, special thanks for that.

1.) When the “Nand Emmc Adapters” arrived, I disassembled the console, pulled out the board, and desoldered the emmc using bottom heating and a temperature of about 320 degrees Celsius. Then I reballed the memory and adapter. After that I put everything in the proper places, and soldered everything back.
Later I solder three wires to the adapter and laid them to the other side of the board (points CLK, CMD, DAT0).
I also solder and laid point called “Reset” to the other side of the board.

Nand Adapter.pngNand Adapter 2.png

2.) Then I carefully removed metal shield (cover) from CPU and soldered the flex to the resistors, placing everything nicely, isolate with thermal tape, and returned the protection.

Nand Adapter 6.png

3.) The final bit of work was to solder everything to the modchip. Personally, I used “INSTUNCT-NX V6S” because it can be reset and flashed directly using the “TYPE-C” console port, but you can use whichever you like, there’s not much of a difference.

Nand Adapter 3-min.png

4.) While passing the wires, I used superglue to fixate them by binding them together (without gluing them to the board because it is a sacrilege).
So, after finishing soldering, I checked all resistors and points for short circuits, and everything was in perfect order.
BEFORE connecting the battery ALWAYS check for short circuits, otherwise, there is a risk of killing the processor or flash memory.

5.) I decided to turn on the console, and everything started up very quickly. I cleaned the board of flux residues and reassembled everything in the reverse order.

Demo2.pngDemo1-min.png

6.) Then I made backups and set the atmosphere exclusively for playing movies and music on my console ;)

P.S Thank you for reading till the end!
Special thanks to A13XTR and Abal1000x!

Below I am attaching gerber files for the emmc adapter.

Attachments

• Gerber.zip
    63 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by Wi4House,

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is that resoldering is risky, it does need skill to do correctly (good job on that) and it will introduce another factor of failure. There is absolutly no arguing about that.

That said, "the perfectionist route" is very subjective and an article/guide/writeup/howto like this can always be someones first introduction into this topic, completly ignoring the much cheaper and safer way to scratch/drill.

Instead of arguing in the comments about which is the better way to do it, i say: Write your messages not leaned to a side. If you want to inform, inform about all possible solutions, the pros and cons, risks and rewards and especially why you personally chose your way over another. Help others find their way instead of (intentionally or not) bias others.

This goes for anything you put online IMO.
based comment. some peoples' ocd value knowing their pcb still looks like a virgin. and some just find it fun running little one off solutions. and other jsut like to go online and convince everyone they are wrong. If the dude wanted advice, hed have asked before doing his writeup. personally hadnt seen the adapter done so cleanly, so kudos.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
based comment. some peoples' ocd value knowing their pcb still looks like a virgin. and some just find it fun running little one off solutions. and other jsut like to go online and convince everyone they are wrong. If the dude wanted advice, hed have asked before doing his writeup. personally hadnt seen the adapter done so cleanly, so kudos.
Well, you completly missread and missunderstood my comment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto