Switch OLED will not turn on. Questions about Picofly install.

Twiggs4625

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a picofly just fine on multiple switch lites and V2 and a this OLED. All work fine. I only mention this because at this point I feel I can mod any version without issue. However this OLED model has the infamous DAT0 connection. In any regards, I was playing a game just fine and then went into a few homebrew apps to look at changing some icons. when doing this I got a screen that was simialr to the one below.

This was not my exact error but it was one of these type of errors. Again all was working fine until this happened. I pressed the POWER button to reboot and now it appears that the switch will not power on at all. Just a black screen.

Where do I start troubleshooting? Just happened out of nowhere when things have been working as I said fine with no issues.

HATS 1.6.2
FW 17.0.0
PicoFly OLED V6 with V6 DAT0 connector. Properly mounted and anchored.

I have not taken it apart yet. Curious what your thoughts are.

bzHgczl.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Dock Green LED blinks for a split second when docking it, but no other indicators

Here is a video of the code when I press the reset button on the picofly board.

Ok. I am seeing this is *== No eMMC CMD1 request (poor wiring, or dead CPU)... Everything was working so I am assuming poor wiring and CMD or CLK... I am using a flex cable on this install and I felt it was good enough quality. Again, worked on the first run. Will have to recheck these points I guess.

Is it common to have black screen when this error occurs?

Found out it was a short on the APU shield and the CLK and GND points. Working now.

PSA: solder mask and bend the shield to avoid this.

Attachments

• IMG_7171.mp4
    14.3 MB
Last edited by Twiggs4625,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1