OLED getting D0 error but I have correct diode voltage

HunterCustom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I’m trying to install a new picofly RP2040 into my oled switch as the one that was originally installed by someone else ended up failing however when booting the switch I get blue Long green short green indicating a DAT0 error however my DAT0 solder adapter reads in the range of .500~.850 (I think it’s .753 if I remember correctly) still getting this error though any suggestions?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what resistors did you use on the picofly? A lot of people had to double up the 47ohm, or use a 100ohm, on both dat0 and CMD. Then again, if you just went and did that first, then maybe you want to try the 47ohm route...

HunterCustom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what resistors did you use on the picofly? A lot of people had to double up the 47ohm, or use a 100ohm, on both dat0 and CMD. Then again, if you just went and did that first, then maybe you want to try the 47ohm route...
I don’t have any that im aware of im just using what was included I have one of those PCB ones but I’ll look into grabbing the 47ohm resistor see if that helps

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, the exact model is needed. If you bought an instinct v6s, for instance, that is NOT a picofly, and doesn't require resistors. If it IS a picofly, did you read through the .pdf picofly install guide from this page?

HunterCustom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys sorry, Naming threw me off. I have an instinct v6 clone version such as this image
image_2024-04-09_180423157.png

yea, the exact model is needed. If you bought an instinct v6s, for instance, that is NOT a picofly, and doesn't require resistors. If it IS a picofly, did you read through the .pdf picofly install guide from this page?
Post automatically merged:

this is my DAT0 connector, and I still get the long short error
image_2024-04-09_213645809.png

Here is a clip of the error code (incase Im reading it wrong as i've done before)

update before i go to bed can confirm diode of .516, tried soldering direct to chip no long same error considering order nonclone chip to try

Last edited by HunterCustom,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's likely not a resistor issue with that chip, but I have no experience with that chip. Does it accept firmware from https://github.com/Ansem-SoD/Picofly/tree/main/Firmwares ? It's not something that's listed in the readme, but I'm going to jump the gun and assume that there's no way a real instinct chip firmware is going to work right on that thing. Your DAT0 looks as solid as it can be.

Did it come with firmware update instructions? Where do you download the firmware from?

EDIT: WAtch this video starting around 16:30, then see if maybe you have the same issue with grounding:

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: HunterCustom

HunterCustom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's likely not a resistor issue with that chip, but I have no experience with that chip. Does it accept firmware from ? It's not something that's listed in the readme, but I'm going to jump the gun and assume that there's no way a real instinct chip firmware is going to work right on that thing. Your DAT0 looks as solid as it can be.

Did it come with firmware update instructions? Where do you download the firmware from?
I’ve had luck with these on the v1/2 and LITEs but never the oled and I’ve always used the firmware from your provided link. I’ll definitely check out the video you included though see if that would help. But I did end up ordering an instinct off Ali Express last night might as well throw a real one onto at this point.

Thank you for your help with this issue

ZetOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was wondering if you have any updates with the Instinct installed. I have the same exact problem although it does work occasionally but sometimes fails. I can't order the instincts directly to Germany so i'd have to use an expensive reship service to geth them here. I'd get 5-10 chips st once to make it worth the cost, but i'd need to know if these fixed your problem.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if you have any updates with the Instinct installed. I have the same exact problem although it does work occasionally but sometimes fails. I can't order the instincts directly to Germany so i'd have to use an expensive reship service to geth them here. I'd get 5-10 chips st once to make it worth the cost, but i'd need to know if these fixed your problem.

It come down to your soldering if your doesn't glitch 100% of the time. I have a instinct NX it glitch 100% of the time.

ZetOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It come down to your soldering if your doesn't glitch 100% of the time. I have a instinct NX it glitch 100% of the time.
When it doesn't glitch i get the dat0 error. The ribbon cant move a bit, it's a new v6 one and i have resoldered again today, hope that improves it. And i hope we can soon get instincts in Germany, the 50% premium over the picoflys are well worth it imo of they work better. I am using a cheap knockoff picofly btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle