tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kid sampson said:
And I'm beginning to think it would have just been better to distribute this and be done with it all instead of delaying the inevitable. Still can't believe that if this is as easy as others have said, why someone else hasn't yet figured it out and made it available. And impressive that others with it, outside of the team, have been able to keep it to themselves.As I've said to other people, I guess Waninkoko doesn't play Rock Band and the people who do know how to do it have higher morals.
QUOTEFor now, since I've purchased so much DLC on my 360, I'm sticking with it. But when this is released sometime around the Beatles game, I might return to my Wii.
Thanks, you can go back under your troll-bridge now.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Gamemaster1379 said:
I was just curious. I could honestly care less.
tongue.gif

I do care however
tongue.gif
Im looking at the charts as we speak
I can tell that this'll be one hell of a beta.
tongue.gif

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
so what exactly will this program do?

As for dlc, im sticking with the xbox, ive spent far to much money on that. However if it was ever possible to play hacked dlc, id probably use both, but still buy my fav dlc on teh xbox

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The process of putting the songs in is easy. I just keep getting a repeated error (don't worry, it's just me) that is probably (is) of my own doing and I'm trying to fix it. >.

Fowlerla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
As I've said to other people, I guess Waninkoko doesn't play Rock Band and the people who do know how to do it have higher morals.

Isn't it kinda dumb to talk about higher morals? If to you laws=morals, you're a little stuck. There is no legal authority to modify rockband or make customs of most music, both are copyrighted. Plus, forcing other people to act moral is rather morally gray. Or am I wrong?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SFenton said:
ether2802 said:
Are you extracting the files with trucha signer and then placing them on the SD (after some patching), so after that you can load them with the RB2, or what..??
huh.gif

Nope, we're basically taking apart the DLC, putting what we need and taking out what we don't, recompiling, packing, and installing.

So you can add what ever song that is at other RB and then play it thru the SD menu on RB2..?? cool..!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Customs = letting people play music they already have in the rockband game (whether it was legally purchased or not, they already had it). DLC piracy = letting people steal music.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, stop asking for crack dlc... if u want learn to hack
hate2.gif

We only want play customs on RB2 (one game to rulz all the songs
rolleyes.gif
)

steviekeyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly tho i just wanna play TTFATF on rock band 2, that would be so hawt! lol.

oh and put my own music in rb2 would be very fun. then show it off to my band.

horray!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, myself would like to take DLC I have already paid for and make some remixes. Maybe mix more than one song together, like a D.J.

I think the most important part is to actually get this reliably working first.

In my opinion, pirates will be pirates and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

I think trying to stop them by including some kind of protection is only going to hurt us who just want customs.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:
I, myself would like to take DLC I have already paid for and make some remixes. Maybe mix more than one song together, like a D.J.

In my opinion, pirates will be pirates and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

I think trying to stop them by including some kind of protection is only going to hurt us who just want customs.
Well, breaking the audio encryption to give people access to DLC masters has absolutely nothing to do with enabling customs on the Wii since the game accepts unencrypted audio. It'd just be that much work and unnecessary for our purposes
tongue.gif

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
ccfman2004 said:

Well, breaking the audio encryption to give people access to DLC masters has absolutely nothing to do with enabling customs on the Wii since the game accepts unencrypted audio. It'd just be that much work and unnecessary for our purposes
tongue.gif

I was not sure if unencrypted audio would be accepted in rb2. I know unencrypted music worked in RB1.

As for hurting customs, it could cause unforeseen issues. Who knows.

I have loads of DLC that I have purchased in the xbox 360 version that I would like to make remixes and play on the Wii version plus I don't want to have to buy them again so I can use them on a different platform. DLC from last year is no problem, but DLC from 2009 is a problem since the encryption has been changed.

In my opinion, sooner or later someone will break the encryption, it is just a question of when.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:
I was not sure if unencrypted audio would be accepted in rb2. I know unencrypted music worked in RB1.Yes, it does, that's the way we're doing it
tongue.gif

ccfman2004 said:
As for hurting customs, it could cause unforeseen issues. Who knows.I guess....can't think of any reasons tho
unsure.gif

ccfman2004 said:
I have loads of DLC that I have purchased in the xbox 360 version that I would like to make remixes and play on the Wii version plus I don't want to have to buy them again so I can use them on a different platform. DLC from last year is no problem, but DLC from 2009 is a problem since the encryption has been changed.
That's the thing tho, how do we moderate where people have and haven't bought stuff on Xbox or PS3?
QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ May 26 2009, 11:28 PM)
In my opinion, sooner or later someone will break the encryption, it is just a question of when.
It's really heavy encryption, I really doubt it :\

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
steviekeyz said:
honestly tho i just wanna play TTFATF on rock band 2, that would be so hawt! lol.

oh and put my own music in rb2 would be very fun. then show it off to my band.

horray!
I'm hoping that my band and I can do online videos of customs.
tongue.gif
Let's hope I can find a TDWDTG chart for drums and vox!
laugh.gif
But more seriously, we'll probably do some RB1 and RBACDC

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
ccfman2004 said:

It has been broken, just ask xorloser. He won't tell anyone in fear of legal issues.

Mrkinator said:
QUOTE(ccfman2004 @ May 26 2009, 11:28 PM)
That's the thing tho, how do we moderate where people have and haven't bought stuff on Xbox or PS3?

You should leave it up to that person, If they want to be a pirate, let them. Since you can't stop them, don't try

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:
Mrkinator said:
ccfman2004 said:

It has been broken, just ask xorloser. He won't tell anyone in fear of legal issues.
Different Wii Encryption NO ITS NOT IM SUCHA LIARzzz.

But I'm not actually sure he cracked it tho, he did try.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
ccfman2004 said:
Mrkinator said:
ccfman2004 said:

Different Wii Encryption

Are you sure about that. According to tueidj, the new xbox 360 DLC encryption is the same as RB2's encryption on the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!