Rayman Origins 3DS Pushed Back in Europe

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Zekrom_cool, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

Apr 17, 2011
    India
    Heaven [N's Castle]
    [​IMG]

Rayman Origins, A ubisoft release, has been pushed back to June in Europe.The game was originally to be released on 16 MArch but instead Ubisoft has now put an 8th June release date. No reason for the delay has released.
    Over in North America, Nintendo still gives the date of release as 20th March but there's no listing for the game on Amazon or GameStop.

:arrow: Source - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/rayman_origins_3ds_pushed_back_in_europe

2. jamesaa

jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

GBAtemp Patron
    jamesaa is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 8, 2006
    I was patiently awaiting the 3DS version of this game, but I'm not that patient...

...proceeds to ordering the game for the Vita ^_^

3. Just Another Gamer

Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Feb 29, 2012
    Watching Hibarigasaki's starry sky
    Kinda sucks for Australians if the UK date gets pushed back then the AUS one gets pushed back even more.

4. saberjoy

saberjoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2011
    India
    somewhere you only dream of!
    i am not sure why you chose rayman 3d over rayman for the vita anyways?

5. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    If you have a Vita you should just go and get this on there anyway, by far the best way to experience this is on the Vita, it's one of the best looking games on there right now (even better than consoles)

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    If you can't get it on the 3DS and don't have a Vita, you can always just get it on one of the consoles or on the PC when that version is released later this month.

7. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    This game deserves to be on a bigger screen, I'm not even talking about Vita...I mean other versions because multiplayer is so much fun on this, it really extends the life of it. Pre-ordered for PC, the demo runs so smoothly which surprised me.

I'd rather Ubisoft did a dedicated 3DS Rayman game.

8. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Was there any word on the 3DS version having multiplayer? I know it was said that the 3DS version is more or less a version of the one on the Wii, but that included multiplayer.

9. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    I played the demo on the PC and the game is really really beautiful. Definitely getting it on Steam. If the 3DS port is good, I might double-dip there.

Storybook-style 3D effect. That combined with the games art-style would be really awesome.

1 person likes this.
  10. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    What if you can't see 3D?

Or alternatively don't care about the gimmicky of 3D?

11. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Don't worry emigre, no one cares. IT'S FOR THE FRIGGIN' 3DS! IN 3D! WHY BUY IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE? :glare:

Personally can't seem to be interested in the game (haven't tried it (yet)), since I have a ton of other games waiting to be played. Also having the option of getting the game for the PS3 is tempting (currently at £15 shipped to my front door). Is there any real difference than the 3D?

ps. Am I the only one who tends to use the 3D feature only during cutscenes? Somehow games like OoT or SM3DL make my eyes hurt during longer gaming sessions (games are great though)

12. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Then you buy it for your PC or PS3/360?

13. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    What if I said I didn't care about gimmicky HD? It adds just as much as 3D, but in a different direction.

14. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Then buy one of the other versions because this will run at lower resolution

Or was that a rhetorical question