Ubisoft's Skull and Bones has been delayed for the fifth time, game will probably release one day

kdasokdasdas.png

There are only a few constants in this world: death, taxes, and Ubisoft delaying Skull and Bones, its long, long-awaited pirate sim game. Announced at E3 2017, Skull and Bones was originally promised for a 2018 release date, only to be delayed to 2019. And delayed. And delayed. In fact, the game has now been delayed a total of five times, with each delay pushing it back another year. Only a few months ago did Ubisoft declare that Skull and Bones would be actually releasing this year, finally, in November, but unsurprisingly, that turned into yet another delay.

A release date update was published today by Ubisoft, claiming that the team is working hard on polishing the game up for its eventual release, but the developers wanted to take some extra time to make sure it's ready for launch. What's a little more time when it's been in development for so long, after all? For now, Skull and Bones has been delayed to March 9, 2023, but given the game's history, it wouldn't be crazy to bet on yet another delay. Despite the fact that we've seen this game delayed five times over the last five years, that's only a third of how many times Duke Nukem Forever was delayed.

:arrow: Source

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know pirates all over the world that can't wait for this 'pirate simulator' to be released. I wonder if it will be like a cross between 'Black Sails' and 'Grand Theft Auto'...?

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this rate, Ubi might as well just keep that pet project of theirs and let the thing rot and collect dust. Not like any gamer w/ any wits a/b themselves would ever give it a time of day.

Reactions: felix.200

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is basically an admission they can't make it good enough to compete with Sea of Thieves, so might as well just cancel it.
Well, maybe they want to make it not similar, but better instead... and with something with a direly limited scope like these games, I see how it can be hard to be revolutionary.

But oh well, I don't like pirates or naval combat in AC, so I'm the least qualified to say.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1