I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Ah okay. Dude that was just an example based on shop prices because here a 3DS game is $60-$70AUD while a Vita game is $40-$50AUD.

That is a new thing i have heard. I thought a 3ds game was cheaper.
Not here they aren't but maybe where you live they are. Its weird but I guess australians like their Sony more than nintendo :D
Actually this is one thing that has happened in the Nordic countries too. I usually buy my games online (from the UK for example) due to heavy taxing, but a few days ago I went to a few shops for checking 3DS game prices. Although I don't own a PSVita, I was somewhat amazed that the PSVita games are roughly around the 40-50€ mark when released while the 3DS games were closer to the 60€ mark. And I'm talking about all titles from OoT to Uncharted. Are the RRP for PSVita games lower? :unsure:
Taxing is a different case. I am talking about situations where you get the game in your country.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Taxing is a different case. I am talking about situations where you get the game in your country.
Same tax on all games.. Thus I was talking about games in my country. PSVita games are cheaper than the 3DS games. Wasn't entirely clear on the matter..
Am I the only one seeing a pattern here.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My country has all games expensive, but sony ones are usually the most expensive, PS3 ones go up to 69€ here whereas 360 ones at most reach 59€ (not including special or limited editions, just normal games), and as for the 3DS and Vita same applies, the Vita games are roughly 50~55+€ wherea's the most expensive 3DS one I've seen was 49€ (and in my country that's already expensive as hell, seeing as it's much cheaper in the UK and the average salary and etc is lower than in plenty of the other EU countries).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My country has all games expensive, but sony ones are usually the most expensive, PS3 ones go up to 69€ here whereas 360 ones at most reach 59€ (not including special or limited editions, just normal games), and as for the 3DS and Vita same applies, the Vita games are roughly 50~55+€ wherea's the most expensive 3DS one I've seen was 49€ (and in my country that's already expensive as hell, seeing as it's much cheaper in the UK and the average salary and etc is lower than in plenty of the other EU countries).
Welcome to the Welfare State: PS3 games at 69, 360 games at 69, Wii games at 59+, 3DS at 55+, PSVita at 45+, DS at 59+ (hell some games like Pokémon are still at 49-59 even though they're a lot older). One reason for high prices here are the taxes of which VAT is around 23% IIRC. Luckily there are a few places in the EU where I can buy games online for a fraction of the price (CoD being an easy comparison: I payed 49e for MW3 (PS3) at launch from the UK and the local prices were around 69e).

Regardless I think quite a few games aren't worth the 69e at launch and usually I just wait a few months and buy them for around 15-30e each. Thank god for TheHut, Amazon and Play.. Cheap games for my collection :creep:

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the Welfare State: PS3 games at 69, 360 games at 69, Wii games at 59+, 3DS at 55+, PSVita at 45+, DS at 59+ (hell some games like Pokémon are still at 49-59 even though they're a lot older). One reason for high prices here are the taxes of which VAT is around 23% IIRC. Luckily there are a few places in the EU where I can buy games online for a fraction of the price (CoD being an easy comparison: I payed 49e for MW3 (PS3) at launch from the UK and the local prices were around 69e).

Regardless I think quite a few games aren't worth the 69e at launch and usually I just wait a few months and buy them for around 15-30e each. Thank god for TheHut, Amazon and Play.. Cheap games for my collection :creep:
The VAT here is 23% as well, meh, the only really decent place to buy games in Europe is either UK or cities that are independent and have no taxes (like that border city in Spain almost France where u pay no tax what-so-ever)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would that matter? Some people have a 3DS and not another console, or may not want the other versions.

Who owns only a 3DS and not either a Vita, PC (that can handle the game), Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii though?

Who would buy a platformer game on a PC though? Really, they are designed for controllers, not for a keyboard and mouse. And most people aren't going to spend another 30 bucks for a controller anyway.

D

Deleted_171835

Why would that matter? Some people have a 3DS and not another console, or may not want the other versions.
Who owns only a 3DS and not either a Vita, PC (that can handle the game), Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii though?
Who would buy a platformer game on a PC though? Really, they are designed for controllers, not for a keyboard and mouse. And most people aren't going to spend another 30 bucks for a controller anyway.
Most people who game on the PC already own a controller. And the keyboard works fine for platformers on the PC.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

At least in this community, we are rather comfortable with using a keyboard for input in our emulated gaming, so we are already rather familiar with controlling new games with controllers in mind with a keyboard.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people who game on the PC already own a controller. And the keyboard works fine for platformers on the PC.

Bull, I am a PC gamer and have never bought a controller for my computer. And if keyboards worked fine for platformers, I am sure Super Meat Boy and Cave Story+ would like to have a word with you.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bull, I am a PC gamer and have never bought a controller for my computer. And if keyboards worked fine for platformers, I am sure Super Meat Boy and Cave Story+ would like to have a word with you.
I managed to get all the way to cotton alley with a keyboard on pc and I beat beat the non plus version cave story, Its really not as bad as some people think

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Never had problems playing platformers on PC, it depends on the keyboard you use and also if you can adapt to it easy or not. I use a standard keyboard and its pretty easy for me.
PC conttols are one of easiest in the world. If you know the position of the keys, playing is damn easy.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Never had problems playing platformers on PC, it depends on the keyboard you use and also if you can adapt to it easy or not. I use a standard keyboard and its pretty easy for me.
PC conttols are one of easiest in the world. If you know the position of the keys, playing is damn easy.
>PC conttols are one of easiest in the world.
Yeeah, the reason this opinion is commonly shared is because of the mouse. The mouse, not the keyboard. Keyboards are designed for text entry. They're not ergonomic, and it's very difficult to tell any given key apart without looking. The one and only advantage a keyboard has in video gaming is the sheer number of keys it has.

Want to argue that PCs have superior controls for FPSs? Go right ahead. Want to argue that PCs have superior controls for 2D platformers? Go home.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeeah, the reason this opinion is commonly shared is because of the mouse. The mouse, not the keyboard. Keyboards are designed for text entry. They're not ergonomic, and it's very difficult to tell any given key apart without looking. The one and only advantage a keyboard has in video gaming is the sheer number of keys it has.

Want to argue that PCs have superior controls for FPSs? Go right ahead. Want to argue that PCs have superior controls for 2D platformers? Go home.
PC controls aren't the easiest but it does depend on who you are and if you can memorise the keyboard or not.

Grief Syndrome is a PC platformer (don't believe me google it) and I was able to play it easily with my normal keyboard so again its not the easiest controls in the world but if your used to it then its easier for you.

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India

Not necessarily the mouse. I play it on my lappy but I dont have a mouse for it. I still feel it is easy moving around using the arrow keys and the others to move around/do other stuff too.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Not necessarily the mouse. I play it on my lappy but I dont have a mouse for it. I still feel it is easy moving around using the arrow keys and the others to move around/do other stuff too.
I find its easier to use the arrow keys and the A, S and D keys for my PC gaming unless its a click to select and so forth.

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
I find its easier to use the arrow keys and the A, S and D keys for my PC gaming unless its a click to select and so forth.
The roughly are arranged in the same position. So there is nothing tough about it.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
The roughly are arranged in the same position. So there is nothing tough about it.
Still I don't see why its hard to use the keyboard for platformers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks