Sonic Origins 1.04 (Switch's 1.4.0) update released, addresses almost 50 bugs.

egs-sonicoriginsdigitaldeluxeedition-sega-bundles-s1-2560x1440-fbffe632672e.jpg

After some backlash from the fanbase due to the buggy state in which Sonic Origins released a few months ago, Sega promised to work on an update to address the issues and bugs that have plagued the original release.
On August 5th, the much-promised update has finally been released, and the changelog is quite extensive, nearing 50 fixes, ranging from a plethora of fixes to all 4 games.

Strap in, and grab some pop-corn to read the extensive literature that is the list of fixes that the new update brings:
Sonic Origins 1.04 Update Changelog said:
Update ver. 1.04 for Sonic Origins is now live.
Make sure to update your game for a smoother and more stable experience.

■Update details
・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Added a function to Sound Test.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug where Tails would not return from outside the screen and a sound effect would continually play.

・Fixed a bug that was causing some songs from the Classic Music Pack to have incorrect titles displayed in the Museum.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug that caused the sound effect for collecting Rings to be interrupted when collecting them in quick succession.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Adjusted Competition Mode on the Nintendo Switch™ so that it can be played without registering two Joy-Cons™ / Pro controllers. *Made registration for two Joy-Cons™ / Pro controllers in Time Attack unnecessary, and made it possible to cancel controller registration in other modes.

42 other bugfixes.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where leaving many Item Boxes in front of the sub-boss of Hydrocity Zone Act 1 would cause the game to crash when defeating the sub-boss and moving on to the next Act.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug that was causing players to get stuck when playing a Special Stage from the level select menu after playing Time Attack Mode.

・Sonic the Hedgehog: Fixed a bug where retrying a stage in Classic Mode from My Data and getting a Game Over would make players get stuck at the Title Screen.

・Fixed a bug in the "Fireball Dash" mission where it was possible to move outside of the mission area, and clearing the mission would result in the player becoming stuck.

・Fixed a bug in the "Slippery Swim" mission that was causing invisible blocks to appear in areas they aren't supposed to appear in.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Competition mode that caused players to go back a lap when they took damage or fell out of the stage.

・Fixed a bug in the "Animal Rescue" mission where players would stand on top of clouds instead of bouncing or falling off them.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Angel Island Zone Act 1 that teleported players when the island is set on fire.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Carnival Night Zone Act 2 where the boss would leave the area if hit by a mid-air attack while entering.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug that caused a sound effect to continually play when the player transitioned stages after defeating the boss of Death Egg Zone Act 1.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Flying Battery Zone Act 1 that caused a sound effect to continually play if a player transitioned stages when close to a magnetic object.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug that caused Tails' flight sound effect to continually play after moving to the next stage if you were flying with Tails during the transition.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug in 2 Player VS mode where the time would never expire if it reached 0 during a player mistake.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Competition Mirror Mode that was causing the courses to not be mirrored.

・Fixed a bug in the "Bounce House" mission where characters would become inoperable if they collided with a Bounce Pad from the bottom when time expired.

・Fixed a bug in the "Extreme! Super Sonic Finish" mission where falling off the platform shortly after reaching the goal would cause the camera to lock and prevent the player from progressing.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug that caused Sonic and Tails to get stuck on a burning rope in the middle of Angel Island Zone Act 2, which made it impossible to progress.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: When starting in Classic Mode with a save file where the game has been cleared, entering and exiting a Special Stage without touching a checkpoint would cause the game time to incorrectly start at 9:59.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: When starting the game as Sonic with a cleared-game save data file, performing certain actions in Angel Island Zone Act 1 would cause the player to be incorrectly moved to Knuckles' boss area route.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Classic Mode where performing certain actions in the boss fight of Lava Reef Zone Act 2 would make the camera shift, and the character would fall out of the stage.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Angel Island Zone Act 1 where performing certain actions after the stage is set on fire caused the player to lose a life.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Lava Reef Zone Act 2 that allowed players to avoid the falling boulder that moves them to the boss stage.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Story Mode: Fixed a bug where the transition time from Mystic Cave Zone Act 2 to Hidden Palace 2 would be added to the player's Best Time.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in the boss battle of Hydrocity Zone Act 2 that caused an invisible ceiling to appear, which prevented players from jumping higher.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where immediately opening the pause menu when entering the first Special Ring in Mushroom Hill Zone Act 1 and selecting "Restart" would cause players to start the stage from an unnatural position.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Starting the game in Classic Mode using saved data with a recorded Time Over in Angel Island Zone Act 1, and then getting a Game Over would cause players to immediately lose a life upon reaching the sub-boss.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Fixed a bug that was causing crashes due to incorrect object calculations.

・Fixed a bug in the "Aerial Attack" mission where players would get stuck on blocks and be unable to move.

・Fixed a typo in the credits.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where opening the pause menu just before entering a Special Stage and then selecting "Restart" would move the player to a different Act.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where coins would be increased in debug mode.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug where the BGM in Special Stages would slow down after collecting 50 Rings.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: When starting the game in Classic Mode on a save file with a recorded Time Over, the Time would not reset from 9:59 upon clearing a stage.

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Classic Mode of Death Egg Zone Act 2 where opening the pause menu and selecting "Restart" after transitioning to the boss stage would cause the player restart the boss fight with 0:10 Time.

・Removed an extra space from "PlayStation™Store" in the Simplified Chinese text. (PlayStation®5 / PlayStation®4)

・Fixed a bug where exiting while connected to Xbox Live and syncing data would cause the game to crash. (Xbox Series X|S)

・Fixed a bug where having multiple autosaves in a short period of time would result in them not saving correctly. (PlayStation®5 / PlayStation®4)

・Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: Fixed a bug in Mushroom Hill Zone Act 2 that caused textures of objects to not display correctly. (Nintendo Switch™)

・Fixed a bug that was causing save file contents to be different when manually saving the game. (Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S)

・Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze for about 10 seconds when going to offline mode after launching the game in online mode. (Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S)

・Fixed a bug where launching the game while connected to a network, disconnecting from that network after reaching the Main Menu, playing a sound in the Museum, and then returning to the Main Menu would result in a crash after 15 seconds. (Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S)

・Fixed a bug that was causing lower-performance GPUs to be automatically selected in multiple-GPU systems. (Steam / Epic Games)

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm moving sonic origins from my external hdd back to internal on the ps5 to download this update. it's less than 6GBs, and the update is tiny. I'm moving it back to external now. kinda hate how you can't update games unless they're on the home menu or ps5 games unless they're on internal. it makes sense, but I don't want to wait for an enormous update once I get to playing some new game.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm moving sonic origins from my external hdd back to internal on the ps5 to download this update. it's less than 6GBs, and the update is tiny. I'm moving it back to external now. kinda hate how you can't update games unless they're on the home menu or ps5 games unless they're on internal. it makes sense, but I don't want to wait for an enormous update once I get to playing some new game.

Yeah, it's a really small update, with only around 98MB in size (for Switch).
I assume the other consoles and PC should have a similar file size for the update.

All in all, I'm really happy to see that so many bugs were addressed, makes the product worth it imo.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is it possible to make a retro compilation and have it filled with this amount of bugs...

I believe it's mostly due to production/sales. Put it out there and rake in the money. We'll deal with the bugs later, kinna thing.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really glad to see that Sega finally addressed these issues! I'm going to look at purchasing this game as I was initially excited, and now that they're willing to do the right thing, they deserve my money

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
because they are not emulated
I get that, but it baffles me that games that were previously released on mobile platforms have new bugs introduced. If they were introduced by converting these games to the newer RSDKv5 engine I'd understand, but there is no reason for the addition of a drop dash to suddenly break Tails' behavior.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wheres the fix to change the sonic 3 music back? :glare:
Unlikely they will change that.
I assume there's some Michael Jackson's copyright bs going on there, which might explain why they opted to use the other tracks instead of the heavily-inspired (and possibly composed) MJ tracks for Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base.

You can still use the mods that restore the original tracks on PC though, even on Switch too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlikely they will change that.
I assume there's some Michael Jackson's copyright bs going on there, which might explain why they opted to use the other tracks instead of the heavily-inspired (and possibly composed) MJ tracks for Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base.

You can still use the mods that restore the original tracks on PC though, even on Switch too.
do you know if this game was ever leaked for the ps4?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's mostly due to production/sales. Put it out there and rake in the money. We'll deal with the bugs later, kinna thing.
Which is a very poor and lazy way to market games. I guess it works for some people like that no man sky but tony hawk pro skater 5? Good lord.

Step into the future with downloading updates for games instead of just buying a new version with more content like the many versions of street fighter. Least those days it was more complete. I miss those days. :ninja:

I get that, but it baffles me that games that were previously released on mobile platforms have new bugs introduced. If they were introduced by converting these games to the newer RSDKv5 engine I'd understand, but there is no reason for the addition of a drop dash to suddenly break Tails' behavior.
Well according to rumor mill, the people responsible for developing these games had bugs before it was ready. Then because deadlines and release dates... of course. The game was then given to sega and they finished the final product after the headcannon devs reworked the games into the new updated engine. They had new bugs that wasn't made by them but by sega. So already existing bugs PLUS new ones after sega was handed the copy. Seems like no one had time for that and just released the game. Deadlines be damned.

Also, I believe that the older versions had some tweak and issues that was very minor but noticeable to people making comparisons with the original games. Things like the water color in sonic cd. Between the 2011 pc version and mobile version, there is differences. Super sonic physics underwater in sonic 2 mobile, and even the music in sonic 1 & 2 being slightly off on mobile. (They aren't direct recordings, I think some of the instruments the FM audio should be representing is replaced with real samples.) :ninja:

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night