Hacking RawkSD

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is the Master DLC list going to be updated to the latest RB2 DLC soon

Also I am having an issue with importing "Paint in black" from GHIII Legend of Rock when ussing RawkSD. Well not really the importing part more like when I try to play it. We usually try to play it guitar and bass but when it tries to load it always come back as being out of date. It does the same thing with all GHIII Legend of Rock song. Should i Be playing it as solo instead of band

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
j0shuakane said:
so do reaper animation effects work with rawksd?Yep. RawkSD not only supports the animations, it automatically fills them in (semi-randomly) when importing games which don't have them. Animations are just part of the chart, so they're native for Rock Band imports and converted appropriately from non-RB games that have them.

grrkodiak said:
is the Master DLC list going to be updated to the latest RB2 DLC soonIt's fallen pretty far behind, but I would think anyone can edit it and add the new entries themselves.

QUOTE(grrkodiak @ Jun 18 2010, 04:02 AM)
Also I am having an issue with importing "Paint in black" from GHIII Legend of Rock when ussing RawkSD. Well not really the importing part more like when I try to play it. We usually try to play it guitar and bass but when it tries to load it always come back as being out of date. It does the same thing with all GHIII Legend of Rock song. Should i Be playing it as solo instead of band
I'm assuming your other imports work fine? The Out of Date error usually occurs when using backup loaders.

Also, Paint It Black doesn't actually have a bass chart. It was never charted for co-op in GH3. I don't know why the other customs would be having similar issues though.

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Szalkow said:
grrkodiak said:
It's fallen pretty far behind, but I would think anyone can edit it and add the new entries themselves.

I updated the list once, and then Aaron told me that CaithSith has a script to automatic update the list, just tell him.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
Szalkow said:
grrkodiak said:
It's fallen pretty far behind, but I would think anyone can edit it and add the new entries themselves.
I updated the list once, and then Aaron told me that CaithSith has a script to automatic update the list, just tell him.
In retrospect, you probably shouldn't bother editing the list since CaitSith's script will just revert the changes to whatever it considers current. Maintaining a DLC list isn't really anyone's top priority at the moment.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Check out the RBN docs if you're interested, there's a LOT of cool stuff you can do with them.
If you have the patience, that is - I tried animating a song and it added another couple of hours to the charting process. Drum and guitar animations are relatively simple if you know the song and/or are musically-inclined, but sequencing the cuts takes some patience.

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wait from summer of 2009 the new RawkSd for 3.0, or RawkUSB.
Many games have gone out as:
- RB Beatles
- Hero Band
- Lay RB
- RB Green Day

And already they announce RB3 ... videoes, demonstrations have gone out ... but after an entire year I do not see the results.
I start losing the faith in this project, and think that there will no be a new Rawk.

SORRY

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
francescnogales said:
And already they announce RB3 ... videoes, demonstrations have gone out ... but after an entire year I do not see the results.
What crack are you smoking? RawkSD hasn't even been out for a year, let alone the work on all the new stuff. And in case you don't realize it: Harmonix has the source code, we don't.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear you're suffering. It amazes me that MPlayerCE came out December 2008 and had only bugfixes/performance-improving updates for the better part of 16 months before WiiMC came out to update and replace it, whereas RawkSD has been around for 11 months (with 9 months since the major 2.0 release) and you people act like it's dead to the world.

Also, seeing as you're the guy who spent so long trying to figure out how to move pirated NTSC DLC to PAL and pestered the RawkSD devs to assist you in your ill-begotten quest, I doubt you're among the people RawkSD v3 is designed for.

Perhaps the only mistake the RawkSD team has made was raising everyone's expectations by releasing a proof-of-concept video extremely early. Guess what? You can already do what was done in that video, with about the same results, using your existing pirate tools and loaders. Meanwhile, RawkSD is turning out to be a solid, gamechanging application which is well worth a short wait. So if the wait really offends you, go back to enduring 20 minutes of loading screens so you can play three songs before your Wii freezes.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
francescnogales said:
I wait from summer of 2009 the new RawkSd for 3.0, or RawkUSB.
Many games have gone out as:
- RB Beatles
- Hero Band
- Lay RB
- RB Green Day

I start losing the faith in this project, and think that there will no be a new Rawk.

SORRY
It's not like you are paying for anything, so just shut up and wait!

QUOTE(Szalkow @ Jun 21 2010, 10:11 AM) Sorry to hear you're suffering. It amazes me that MPlayerCE came out December 2008 and had only bugfixes/performance-improving updates for the better part of 16 months before WiiMC came out to update and replace it, whereas RawkSD has been around for 11 months (with 9 months since the major 2.0 release) and you people act like it's dead to the world.

Also, seeing as you're the guy who spent so long trying to figure out how to move pirated NTSC DLC to PAL and pestered the RawkSD devs to assist you in your ill-begotten quest, I doubt you're among the people RawkSD v3 is designed for.

Perhaps the only mistake the RawkSD team has made was raising everyone's expectations by releasing a proof-of-concept video extremely early. Guess what? You can already do what was done in that video, with about the same results, using your existing pirate tools and loaders. Meanwhile, RawkSD is turning out to be a solid, gamechanging application which is well worth a short wait. So if the wait really offends you, go back to enduring 20 minutes of loading screens so you can play three songs before your Wii freezes.
lol

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
francescnogales said:

SORRY
NO please dont lose faith. what will the devs do without your faith

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
don't know bout this pirated dlc stuff

but i think some people find it much easier just to pirate dlc running in usb hd than geting customs on fof and score hero to run on a usb or emulated nand. luckily my anime customs nicely fits 2 gig.

so i could even wait for rawksd even if it got delayed for instance they want to intergrate some stuffs to rock band 3.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
j0shuakane said:
so i charted vocals in reaper, got it to go through magma with no errors (exported midi), yet i still cannot get vocals to work!?
What part of it "isn't working"? Does the song crash? Do vocals not show up as a selectable part for that song? Can you play the song but vocals don't show up?

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops duh!

they crash when loading. do i need to "build" with the dry vox track to get them to work at all? then do i extract a midi from the rba? im just guessing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone