Hacking RawkSD

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you are willing to invest a few hours of work and accept the lack of GHV, BH and LEGORB Imports, there is a way to store all your DLC on USB-HDD including alls Rawk-Customs using Hermes uLoader 4.9 and Hermes cIOS v5 [223 with IOS37 Base].

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Did you convert the rips using the PC tool?

Yes. I opened RawkSD, opened the ISO using RawkSD, it came up with a list of songs from that game, I exported them all (Took roughly 2 hours) and then I placed some on my SD card. I went to the Rawk Installer on the Wii, and tried to install my customs, and an error popped up./

QUOTE(mephisto2k @ Feb 28 2010, 04:40 PM) If you are willing to invest a few hours of work and accept the lack of GHV, BH and LEGORB Imports, there is a way to store all your DLC on USB-HDD including alls Rawk-Customs using Hermes uLoader 4.9 and Hermes cIOS v5 [223 with IOS37 Base].

Also, could you elaborate on this?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spiderjjr45 said:
mephisto2k said:
If you are willing to invest a few hours of work and accept the lack of GHV, BH and LEGORB Imports, there is a way to store all your DLC on USB-HDD including alls Rawk-Customs using Hermes uLoader 4.9 and Hermes cIOS v5 [223 with IOS37 Base].
I'd be interested in hearing as well, since the only thing that Hermes does like this is NAND emulation which will not work with RawkSD customs, period.

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spiderjjr45 said:
mephisto2k said:

Sure, but it's a lot of horrible work and testing, but let's start with the easy part

Software you need:
DLC Packer/Unpacker: http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker
An undecrypted NAND Dump [using FSTOOLBOX with IOS 249]
Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37 Base]
Hermes uLoader 4.9
Your Console ID [you get it via XYZZY]
An SDCard with your DLC

First of all you need all the needed DLC Titles on your Wii [usually done if you already have DLC]. Install Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37Base].

Now you prepare a FAT32 Partition on your USB Drive [I recommend 60 ore more Gigs]. Now start the Homebrewchannel, start FSTOOLBOX and make a full NAND-Backup [be sure u use cIOS 249 for the Dump, because of your Savegame]. This takes a few Minutes. Put your SD-Card [the one with the NAND-Dump] in your PC an Copy everything, which is in the Folder 'FSTOOLBOX' in the root of you SD to your USB-Drive into Folder 'nand' [if it's not there, simply create a new Folder called NAND]. Test, to be sure everything is going right. Put your SD-Card back in your Wii. Plug the USB Drive in, start uLoader 4.9, choose RB2, go to config, choose IOS223, go to CFG2 choose Saves from USB, 'Use DLC from x:/nand/. Boot the game, just to make sure your Savegame works.

That was the simple part, now the tricky part:
Simple way [untested]: Try to redownload your DLC through the Shop. I've tested this with uLoader 4.8A, and it didn't work. Just try it.

Harder, but effective way: Put your SD with your DLC into your PC. In the prvate folder, you will find folders calles 'sZAE', 'sZBE', 'sZCE' and 'sZDE'. These are the folders, where your RB2 DLC is stored [you may not have all of the folders, but thats unimportant]. Copy every folder to your PC, by keeping the sZxE structure. In Order to copy your DLC to your USB HDD, you need the *.bin files decrypted to *.app files. This is, where the DLC-Packer/Unpacker comes in handy. But before you start, you need your console ID. You get this by running XYZZY. Refer to the Readme of DLC-Un/Packer, where you have to store your ID. If everything is done, you need to decrypt the bin Files. Drag every bin File one by one on 'dlcunpack.exe' it will create many *.app files in the folder '0001000563524241'. After you've unpacked all your DLC, take a break, make a coffee and relax a little bit, because you are almost done. You only need to copy your *.app files on your USB-HDD. That's a bit tricky, because you don't now exactly where you have to store it.

These are the folders, where your corresponding DLC has to be:

sZAE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4145\content
sZBE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4245\content
sZCE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4345\content
sZDE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4445\content

Test it, to make sure, everything has gone the right way.

Now to your Customs [not 100% sure, because I'm still testing it].

You MUST have the RawkSD Installer once on your Wii, to create the right titles [before you backed up you NAND]. After that the procedure is almost the same, except that you have to recrypt your bin files first, using 'recrypt-all.bat'. The foldes on your USB-HDD are the following:

cRBA = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524241\content
cRBB = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524242\content

If everything went right, you have now all your DLC and Customs on your USB-HDD including the RB2 Savegame. You don't need your SD-Cards anymore from now on, because you have nearly unlimited Space to store.

PS: This way, Rock Band 2 seems to be stucked at loading, but you have to wait about 3-4 Minutes. After RB2 is loaded [you are in the Main Menu now] everything runs fine.

PS2: That's the way I've done it, and it works for me [Customs need more testing, as mentioned]. I can not guarantee, that this works also for you, but you can give it a try. Be sure to Backup all that you change.

PS3: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany
wink.gif

wii55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Manager? I've searched for one with no luck.

I know GH 5 uses an SDHC card, but GHWT still has the 2GB limit.

billbaggins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
sure, but im not as skilled in charting as the rest of the crowd and it takes me a good couple of hours to a day to chart an expert track, so i like to take shortcuts
tongue.gif

plus, ive never had issues with offbeats, wrong notes, etc while playing the easier charts via auto generator in theGHOST.

bit off topic here... call me crazy, but i prefer to chart vocals over everything else. maybe cos i only have to worry about no difficulty at all, since RB takes care of that for me
tongue.gif

you need a vox chart done, come talk to me. (as long as im not busy
biggrin.gif
)

Man, if you're actually serious you are my new personal hero.

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mephisto2k said:
If everything went right, you have now all your DLC and Customs on your USB-HDD including the RB2 Savegame.

have you had any of the rawksd customs work? i got most dlc to work with the usb emu, but no dice on any customs.

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With regards to loading DLC from the USB, how do you launch RB2 ?

Is it from Uloader/disc/
Uloader/fat partition?
If it is from the Fat partition, is it the partition thta has the Nand folder on.

Thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
grrkodiak said:

Is it from Uloader/disc/
Uloader/fat partition?
If it is from the Fat partition, is it the partition thta has the Nand folder on.

Thanks

WBFS Partition. My USB HDD has one 100gig FAT Partition and one 200gig WBFS Partition.

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mephisto2k said:
grrkodiak said:

Is it from Uloader/disc/
Uloader/fat partition?

Thanks

WBFS Partition. My USB HDD has one 100gig FAT Partition and one 200gig WBFS Partition.

Is it a FAT32 partition.

Ourewaeller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the import of my beloved GH3 & GHWT songs using RawkSD. Everything worked like a charm.

But while playing the songs, I realized that many of them sound as if the audio compression during the import was too high. The songs sound sort of mechanic, with a lot of clipping, and way too many high frequencies (like mp3 songs with a bit rate of 64kBit or even less).

Is there a way to tell RawkSD to use less compression when importing from GH (e.g. via a config file or something alike)? Or did I simply do something wrong? Has anyone else suffered from the same problem?

Any answer is highly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...