Hacking RawkSD

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9000?? I think you meant 900! So if all the songs were downloaded, how much memory does it take? I know about using the 4GB SD trick, but will they all fit on one card?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, someones found a way to use PS2/PS3 controls on Rock Band, what are the odds someone would be willing to find a method to use the wireless controls from 360 on Wii? I really doubt that it'll happen, but it's worth asking, just in case.

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have looked and looked and tried and tried and searched and searched, but how do you (step-by-step) convert frets on fire songs into RB2? i have tried everything i have read and cannot get the songs to show up in the game.

any help is appreciated...

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
9000?? I think you meant 900! So if all the songs were downloaded, how much memory does it take? I know about using the 4GB SD trick, but will they all fit on one card?Not sure why you have all the DLC downloaded (you filthy pirate you). Each song takes about 20MB, with all of them looming around 16 GB in size. From experience, a 4GB card can hold about 180 songs, more if you use low-quality customs.

toejam316 said:
So, someones found a way to use PS2/PS3 controls on Rock Band, what are the odds someone would be willing to find a method to use the wireless controls from 360 on Wii? I really doubt that it'll happen, but it's worth asking, just in case.They tried it. tueidj has determined there is some sort of lockout mechanism in Microsoft hardware that prevents the usual tricks from working. So far as I know he's not bothering to look into it further at present.

QUOTE(j0shuakane @ Jan 10 2010, 12:02 AM)
i have looked and looked and tried and tried and searched and searched, but how do you (step-by-step) convert frets on fire songs into RB2? i have tried everything i have read and cannot get the songs to show up in the game.
You probably did it right. Did you set a difficulty for each instrument that you charted in the RawkSD PC app? Difficulties of zero make an instrument unplayable, and no instruments = no songs.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
spritefreak said:
9000?? I think you meant 900! So if all the songs were downloaded, how much memory does it take? I know about using the 4GB SD trick, but will they all fit on one card?Not sure why you have all the DLC downloaded (you filthy pirate you). Each song takes about 20MB, with all of them looming around 16 GB in size. From experience, a 4GB card can hold about 180 songs, more if you use low-quality customs.

Maybe just a theoretical question, Idunno. But Szalkow's right on size.

toejam316 said:
So, someones found a way to use PS2/PS3 controls on Rock Band, what are the odds someone would be willing to find a method to use the wireless controls from 360 on Wii? I really doubt that it'll happen, but it's worth asking, just in case.They tried it. tueidj has determined there is some sort of lockout mechanism in Microsoft hardware that prevents the usual tricks from working. So far as I know he's not bothering to look into it further at present.

Yeah. Microsoft's weird like that. But the PS instruments are superior IMO, just based off my perfect PS2 set.

QUOTE(j0shuakane @ Jan 10 2010, 12:02 AM)
You probably did it right. Did you set a difficulty for each instrument that you charted in the RawkSD PC app? Difficulties of zero make an instrument unplayable, and no instruments = no songs.

That's what I'd say!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
toejam316 said:
So, someones found a way to use PS2/PS3 controls on Rock Band, what are the odds someone would be willing to find a method to use the wireless controls from 360 on Wii? I really doubt that it'll happen, but it's worth asking, just in case.
They tried it. tueidj has determined there is some sort of lockout mechanism in Microsoft hardware that prevents the usual tricks from working. So far as I know he's not bothering to look into it further at present.
Close. The PS2/PS3 usb instruments work exactly the same as the wii instruments, just with different PID/VIDs. The X360 instruments work differently - they're not USB HID devices and even if you pretend they are, they don't talk in the same way as the others. This is why you need a driver to use the X360 instruments on a pc while the PS/Wii instruments will work just by plugging them in.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't look encrypted to me, just non-standard (interface descriptor->interface class does not match HID type and has no report descriptor). It does crash lsusb on the wii though.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
tueidj said:
Szalkow said:
toejam316 said:
They tried it. tueidj has determined there is some sort of lockout mechanism in Microsoft hardware that prevents the usual tricks from working. So far as I know he's not bothering to look into it further at present.
Close. The PS2/PS3 usb instruments work exactly the same as the wii instruments, just with different PID/VIDs. The X360 instruments work differently - they're not USB HID devices and even if you pretend they are, they don't talk in the same way as the others. This is why you need a driver to use the X360 instruments on a pc while the PS/Wii instruments will work just by plugging them in.

I remember that much. I assume it'd be too much effort/stress on the console/require a new IOS to write a driver to interpret it all then? It's a real shame too, I WANT to get the game on Wii, my friend keeps nagging me to do so, and to be honest, Rawk SD is as appealing as Rock Band Network to me.
The thing stopping me is I own a WT Full Kit (which the guitar has partially died in), and a GH3 Les Paul (which has a broken neck). Then again, I mainly want the drums and a second guitar, as I already have a second hand old Les Paul for Wii (which is a bit broken but can be fixed).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toejam316 said:
I remember that much. I assume it'd be too much effort/stress on the console/require a new IOS to write a driver to interpret it all then?
I spent half a day messing around with it and got the USB_HID module to recognize them, but they still wouldn't work in the game. So the idea got put in the "too hard" basket.

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
yes, that was it. thank you!

also, some songs have no notes or no music, is it just bad files?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you don't assign the audio tracks to an instrument in rawksd, they won't get muted when you miss a note (but beware playing as drums may crash if there isn't one or more audio tracks assigned).

Alternatively if you're playing a custom, make sure it has been authored to leave at least a 1/32 note gap between the end of one note and the start of the next (although a 1/16 gap is better).

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Uh, the RawkSD site?

Well, the RawkSD site only has a handful of customs....but I swear I was on another site besides Custom Hero, Score Hero and FoF....but now I can't find it! Anybody have other sites they know of?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol: oh noes!!!!!