Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
medeiros said:
medeiros said:
medeiros said:
stq19rbl said:
Try with multicIOS installer : IOS37 with DIP patch as IOS232, then use Softchip to load...

First I installed the cIOS37 dip patch as IOS232 with the multi cios installer by mrkinator.After I installed the softchip channel version R99 and the softchip channel rock band version.

I tried now with softchip R99 and selected IOS 232(rev 7),but the message still there ! Than I tried with softchip rock band,but nothing happened,the problem still there.

T tried than with cIOS37,36,55 and IOS249.Nothing.

I install too the IOS222 and tried to,but nothing happened!

And now when I go to disc channel my rock band 2 needs an firmware update.

Please people I need a lot of help to solute this problem with my DLC!

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

people i need help for my problem !!

it's true.

pease.

QUOTE(stq19rbl @ Jul 16 2009, 07:35 PM)
Try removing everything you add. Use Anytitle Remover.
Then :
Install the cIOS37 dip patch as IOS232 with the multi cios installer (I use version 0.31). Install the softchip channel version R99 and use IOS232 (rev 7).

Works for me.

I did everything you said,the only thing is that I installed cIOS37 dip patch IOS232 with the "Soft Chip cIOS installer (rock band ) by Mrkinator",because multi cios installer 0.31 there isn't the option for cIOS37.After I do the installer with multi cios installer version 0.22.

Please I need some help.The message still there.

EDIT: The message says that the license of DLC was deleted from wii system memory,please re-download the license.

Go to the Rock Band 2 in-game Music Store, download a free song, then use rawkSD normally again.

dbzdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as I said before..my gh3 customs won't work.. Just give me a cannot be restored to wii system memory when I try to play any song on quickplay or practice. I have another problem. I recently softmodded my wii so backups work on disc channel. When I try to boot up my rock band 2 backup it says a error has occured. Ive tried IoS 37 dipped as IOS 232. Ive tried the Rock Band Launcher and Softchip r99 methods... Still no luck. Ive formated my sd card and everything.. Please Help
hate2.gif

Correction my customs don't work when I tried Cioscorp and Rock band launcher/Softchip r 99

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Herg said:
kid sampson said:
^ A script such as that would definitely be helpful. Can't wait until you tweak it. I've been going through and manually combining files and copying and pasting from song.ini files. I've done nearly 80 or so tracks this way and having both your script and an import song data from ini feature would have made it much, much simpler.

As for the difficulty tier question, I asked this some time ago and never got a response. It's something I'd like to know as well.

Also, I'm wondering about the base points setting for customs. by default, it's 50,000, but even on the hardest difficulties I don't have a problem getting 5 stars. Do you know if 50000 is the true baseline for all RB songs? If not, how do you think we could find the correct setting for those FOF files?

And do you know anything about any of the other advanced settings?

As for your suggestion of channel layout, that is what the structure followed by the imported Rock Band files. 9 channels total. Can you really tell a difference though?

To be honest, I've only done maybe three FoF song imports, so it could be something else that caused the audio problems when I just combined the 4 ogg files into 8 tracks as you describe in your guide. I do know the volume was way too high, and it sounded like the audio was clipping a lot. I didn't pan the left/right audio to their correct balance locations, so maybe that will help. I plan to do more testing this weekend when work won't get in the way.

One note, using sox to combine the tracks works great, but it sometimes messes up the ogg encoding. I'm now importing it to RawkSD as a mutlitrack wav file, and it seems to work better letting RawkSD do the ogg encoding.

I'm also planning to at least attempt to make a table of the difficulty tier mapping.

I do know that the audio sounds much better when it is panned to the left and right. I've left it at the default 0 position for all channels and it was way too loud with a lot of bass. I tried a few more experiments today with adjusting the volume of various channels, but I think I'm going to stay with what I posted earlier, as that seems like a good baseline. If anything, I'll adjust the bass to be a bit louder that I put in the guide.

Another thing I noticed is that the imported Rock Band songs from disc have the core for guitar tracks set at +1, instead of the -1 default value. I know the creators say in their guide that you don't need to adjust this, but I noticed the on-disc imports do. So I'm going to give that a go and see how it works out.

I also tried some trickery in Audacity today that didn't work so well. Added some silent tracks, broke all the .ogg stereo files into mono channels, combined the dual bass tracks into one and used the standard layout for RB1 songs. Everything sounded ok but the vocals (which were garbled) but I couldn't tell much difference in overall quality considering the added work in Audacity. For now (until there's a better approach) I'll stick with my import method, which has given me zero problems. (Actually, there have been two: stuttering in two Killers tracks, but that's minor. I could just use the mp3 instead of the ogg files and that would be cleared up easily.)

Looking forward to that difficulty tier map you're making though.

*EDIT*: With my RawkSD song collection growing, I can see the value of being able to sort these by genre, artist, album, etc. I also hope that other country releases of Rock Band support SD cards larger than 2 GB! Or at the very least, I'd like to be able to wipe my SD card in RawkSD without having to go through them one at a time. Better yet, allow users to create setlists in RawkSD and install them in batches, sort of like saving playlists. And since I'm wishing here, how about a preview feature in the program so you know what that obscure title sounds like before installing? Suggestions, suggestions...

bpc908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've been trying to say before ppl, please help me. Is there anyway to run the RawkSD Patcher without ever connecting to wifi?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bpc908 said:
As I've been trying to say before ppl, please help me. Is there anyway to run the RawkSD Patcher without ever connecting to wifi?
here's the way messageboards work: if someone can answer your question they do...if they cannot, they do not.

no one here knows you well enough to ignore you...please give us time, ok?

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
I do know that the audio sounds much better when it is panned to the left and right. I've left it at the default 0 position for all channels and it was way too loud with a lot of bass. I tried a few more experiments today with adjusting the volume of various channels, but I think I'm going to stay with what I posted earlier, as that seems like a good baseline. If anything, I'll adjust the bass to be a bit louder that I put in the guide.

Looking forward to that difficulty tier map you're making though.
I imported some more this evening, and I completely agree that setting the balance properly is the key. I still used a script to control 'sox' in Linux, but I made an 8 channel output file that matches what you're doing with Audacity. I then set the balance and volume as you mention, and it sounds very good.

I also tried Shout at the Devil from the GH2 disk, and mine sounds crappy too. It like there's a channel from another song, or a channel playing too fast, or something like that.

Anyway, here's a difficulty tier table. I'll probably update it later, but it's at least good enough to be able to create a custom and be able to control how it shows up in RB2.

Band
0: 0.01-1.55
1: 1.59-2.15
2: 2.20-2.70
3: 2.75-3.22
4: 3.30-3.80
5: 3.85-4.25
6: 4.60+

Guitar
0: 0.01-1.41
1: 1.45-1.90
2: 1.95-2.45
3: 2.52-3.00
4: 3.10-3.53
5: 3.57-4.01
6: 4.07+

Drums
0: 0.01-1.30
1: 1.34-1.68
2: 1.70-2.06
3: 2.10-2.90
4: 2.95-3.48
5: 3.50-4.00
6: 4.02+

Vocals
0: 0.01-1.36
1: 1.40-1.75
2: 1.80-2.15
3: 2.20-2.57
4: 2.63-2.94
5: 3.00-3.25
6: 3.75+

Bass
0: 0.01-1.59
1: 1.60-2.18
2: 2.20-2.55
3: 2.63-2.90
4: 3.05-3.48
5: 3.53-4.00
6: 4.12+

dbzdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plz help me with my customs problem
EDIT: on page 30 I explained my problem. Cmon ppl ur replying to everybody else...

guz223

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hiro77 said:
kid sampson said:
How to import FOF songs that contain multiple .ogg files:

1. Use the latest version of Audacity (beta 1.3) to compile the four .ogg files into one multi-channel .ogg.
2. To do so, open Audacity and go to Preferences. Under Import / Export check When Exporting Tracks to an Audio File Use Custom Mix.
3. Import each instrument .ogg into your project window ( CTRL + Shift + I ).
4. Hit CTRL + A to select all the instrument channels and choose Export Selection.
5. Name your combined .ogg file and select where you want to save it on your hard drive.
6. In RAWKSD, create a new custom and select the multi-channel .ogg you created as the audio file.
7. Then select the notes.mid file as the chart. If you have a notes-unedited.mid file you can uncheck the fix for quickplay option. The notes-unedited file contains all the correct camera and instrument motions, which will be changed to the generic fillers if you leave the quickplay option checked.

8. Note which channels you set for each instrument in Audacity and check these accordingly in RAWDSD. I use this setup:

Guitar – 1-2
Rhythm (Bass) – 3-4
Drums – 5-6
Song (Vocals) – 7-8

9. Set up your audio options for volume and balance. Odd numbered channels should be balanced to the left at -1. Even numbered channels should be balanced to the right at 1.

10. For volume, start with these settings and adjust accordingly: guitar channels set at -2.3, bass channels set at -2, drum channels set at -1.5, and vocal/song channels set at -2.

11. To fill in your track information for album, year, part difficulty, etc. open the song .ini file with Notepad and copy the information from there. Remember to give each instrument a difficulty, even if the .ini says that part is 0.

12. Install to SD like you would any other RAWKSD file.
13. Enjoy!

And could someone who has imported GH2 tell me how their Shout at the Devil plays?

Another thing I'm wondering is if we could get an explanation of the advanced options.

Thanks a billion for the guide!!!! It worked at the first try!
I still have a question, though...
the custom I created works but when playing it freezes every 4-5 seconds, which is annoying,
this does NOT happen with RB1 imported songs... do you have any idea of what's causing the problem?
thanks again!

EDIT:
I soved it, I had set the .ogg quality for audacity at maximum (10) the first time, setting it at 5-6 the songs play smoothly!!
biggrin.gif

Hey,man. Where do i change the quality in audacity?
I got the same problem you had.
Everything else is perfect, only that detail.

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
hamtotem said:
that's coz you live in australia. delete your wiishop account and use arc to change your wii shop region to US. be warned that you will lose the abillity to redownload WW and VC if you happen to lose them.
I figured as much, good thing I haven't bought anything with my shop account
smile.gif

Edit:
Ugh. Didn't work, Still getting the "License Deleted" Error, I'm out of ideas
sleep.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're getting the "license expired/deleted" message maybe you should use an original copy of the game, I guarantee it would solve the problem.

medeiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tueidj said:
If you're getting the "license expired/deleted" message maybe you should use an original copy of the game, I guarantee it would solve the problem.

No, you don't need this.

I was having this same problem and the only thing I did it was make the download of one of the free dlc from music store and my problem was solved.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For lack of a better storage solution, is anyone using the 4 GB SD hack trick with this? Just wondering before I purchase another standard SD card. I'm impressed that more than 100 songs fit on my 2 GB card, so I wouldn't have a need for anything larger than the 4 GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work