Hacking RawkSD

choizmeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. If I have all dumps of songs of the possible games (RB series & GH series), can I install and run them through a USB flash drive? 2gb or 4gb SD cards wouldn't be enough for these songs. RB1 will take 1gb of space and GHWT will probably take a little over that. I was thinking that it'll be cool to see a huge list of songs in my RB2 song selection. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all want a huge setlist!
Songs from Rock Band 1, Track Packs, Lego, GH 1, 2, 80's (from PS2), GH3, Aerosmith, WT, Metalica 5, Van Halen, and Band Hero on on one game!

ainelle

Trophies
XP
Country
AerialX said:
ainelle said:
Hello,

When I launch the patch, there is an "exception (DSI) occured". Can you explain why and what I have to do to avoid the exception ?

My configuration :
- wii 4.2E
- softmod with ios 38 rev 14
- installed ios37 on 232 to run the backup (which works and detects usb instruments)

I have read that I need to install a patched ios37, but how ? I am a newbie and I don't know where I can find this ios37 already patched.
Do I have to build it with the ios37 and the patch rawkSD apps ? how ?

Thanks
Try using the patched included in this download instead. Use the main app from that package if you have a PAL version of the game.
If you don't have the real disc, this is useless to you.

Same problem with your download ... the patcher goes to "error (DSI) occured" and the application says "an error occured while installing custms" (I suppose that is because the patcher had an error...)

As I said, I use the ios38 rev 14, so I understand easily that the patcher can't patch the ios37 which is installed on 232 only, but I don't know how to do else.

ainelle

Trophies
XP
Country
which version of the IOS37 do we need ? I copied the v3609 from the RB2 disk.

where do I have to install the IOS37-64-v3609.wad to be detected and modified by the patcher ?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys,

A couple of questions before the new Rawk release!

1. Is it essential to install cioscorp to get the newer version of Rawk SD working on my usb drive. (I also have 1gb of space free on my SD card that hold my cIOS's so this is also an option) Is there a workaround to cioscorp?
2. I was a bit unsure of installing cioscorp v1 & 2 as it interfers with all official iso's. Is the newer version(s) of cioscorp better/safer to use than before as i have heard that it now lets you uninstall it. (I have bootmii as boot2 & preloader 0.29)
3. Which method of RB & GH hack is better for usb needs, hairy's guide or Rawk SD? (hopefully without resorting to installing cioscorp if possible!)
4. do i need an original disk of gh5 or rb2 for this to work?
5. Is it safe to have both hairy's hack and rawksd installed on my wii at the same time?

I am using wiiflow 222 as a usbloader through hbc and am on 4.1E Pal wani's cios 38rev14 & Hermes cIOS'S installed if this helps at all.

Thanks!
smile.gif

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
Szalkow said:
zero.echelon said:
francescnogales said:
Can this new Rawk version import DLC (ntsc) to game with a dvd of RockBand 2 PAL? Sorry for my english. I'm from spain. I have a Pal wii, and I have a RockBand 2 ntsc and a RockBand2 PAL. I have some dlc download from ntsc game, but I can't play this dlc with Pal version dvd. Can I make this with the new rawk?
Rawk import ntsc DLC to pal DLC.
Hey frannogales! you are on every forum xD
That will be possible only if they release a version of RawkUSB (or how they call it) for PAL Rockband 2... (There are a rawksd PAL beta, but hasn't Disk direct dump support; the next beta may haven´t the waffle maker...)
RawkSD has nothing to do with DLC, although the new version's USB support should include all extraneously-stored songs, DLC or custom. However, the PAL/NTSC issue is a problem with your shop region - Rock Band 2 will only update with songs it has in the console-shop-region's store. RawkSD can't magically change that, and I doubt there are any plans to support it.

Maybe the new Rawk will make this:
Install DLC as customs, I guess xD
If they make this PAL user will can play every dlc songs, as them are installed as customs nobody cares about the region of the wii...
But this is only a speculation xD

This is a speculation but if it's real it's a good notice.
La verdad zero, se me da muy mal el inglés, veo que tu lo tienes más controlado, por cierto, saludos también en este foro... tratamos de recopilar toda la información posible. Si quieres contestarme en español mucho mejor...

When can I download the new RAWKUSB? December? for Christmas? Jejejeje It's a present of St Claus????

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aewww said:
Seriously, could the developers or someone who has contact with them tells for the comunity how far from the new realese are we?I'm excited for it too, but the official statement is it will be released "when it's ready".

choizmeatz said:
Quick question. If I have all dumps of songs of the possible games (RB series & GH series), can I install and run them through a USB flash drive? 2gb or 4gb SD cards wouldn't be enough for these songs. RB1 will take 1gb of space and GHWT will probably take a little over that. I was thinking that it'll be cool to see a huge list of songs in my RB2 song selection. Any ideas guys? Thanks.If you've been paying attention you would know that USB-stored DLC is one of the features touted in the next major release of RawkSD and is the reason everyone is wetting their pants in anticipation.

melodical said:
Guys,

A couple of questions before the new Rawk release!

1. Is it essential to install cioscorp to get the newer version of Rawk SD working on my usb drive. (I also have 1gb of space free on my SD card that hold my cIOS's so this is also an option) Is there a workaround to cioscorp?
2. I was a bit unsure of installing cioscorp v1 & 2 as it interfers with all official iso's. Is the newer version(s) of cioscorp better/safer to use than before as i have heard that it now lets you uninstall it. (I have bootmii as boot2 & preloader 0.29)
3. Which method of RB & GH hack is better for usb needs, hairy's guide or Rawk SD? (hopefully without resorting to installing cioscorp if possible!)
4. do i need an original disk of gh5 or rb2 for this to work?
5. Is it safe to have both hairy's hack and rawksd installed on my wii at the same time?

I am using wiiflow 222 as a usbloader through hbc and am on 4.1E Pal wani's cios 38rev14 & Hermes cIOS'S installed if this helps at all.
1-2. I don't muck around the ciosCORP so I'm not the best person to answer all of these questions. If you want perfect compatibility, BUY A DISC. They cost something like $35 now. It is worth the investment and solves all of your problems forever.
3. RawkSD and the HarryBallsagna hacks are two separate things - RawkSD is for imported and custom songs, while Harry's stuff is for being a filthy DLC thief. Regardless, neither allows for USB loading. USB loading only uses cIOSes, and all current cIOSes fail at SD card handling.
4. RawkSD 1.0/2.0 can be pulled off using cIOSCORP or a modchipped Wii as I understand it. The new RawkUSB will (currently) require a retail disc, either due to technical or anti-piracy issues. See answer to 1&2.
5. They don't interfere with each other as they are used for (slightly) separate purposes. The new RawkUSB will be compatible with both customs and with official DLC. Read that as you will.

QUOTE(zero.echelon @ Nov 24 2009, 11:25 PM)
Maybe the new Rawk will make this:
Install DLC as customs, I guess xD
If they make this PAL user will can play every dlc songs, as them are installed as customs nobody cares about the region of the wii...
But this is only a speculation xD
We feel the pain of our European and foreign brothers in Rawk, but there are no plans to include this that I know of, and the developers don't like the idea of doing anything in RawkSD that will enable DLC piracy. There is a method of changing your Shop Region to NTSC and gaining access to the American DLC store, but this is a risky process and will probably mess up your shop channel account, so proceed with caution.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your input Szalkow! Much appreciated!
smile.gif

However, i have read on a few different threads on gba temp that assured that the Hairy method for RB2 does work through usb loader through by means of wiiflow on 4.1 and probably on 4.2 using an ntsc version of RB2. A downside to it seems to be that you have to keep flushing your wii of the tracks every 3 or 4 tracks as it installs to the wii! No usb as yet which is also quite soul destroying!

You are definately right though about having to to delete and lose your PAL shop channel forever and install ntsc-u shop instead! This bites but i think i can live with that for now! I would just like to have one wii music game with just the tracks i want in one game rather than swapping disks every 30mins to play my favourite tracks.

In conclusion are you saying that in order to install the NEWER or OLDER versions of RawkSD I DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL CIOSCORP??? If so great!
smile.gif
'

Do i also need to use an original disk for previous versions of Rawk i.e the current and older versions, not the new, not yet released, pending release version?

Cheers!
smile.gif

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work with, or will it work with the new rock band game, "Lego Rock Band" ?
By "this" I mean, importing the songs from Lego Rock Band into Rock Band 2.

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
francescnogales said:
This is a speculation but if it's real it's a good notice.
La verdad zero, se me da muy mal el inglés, veo que tu lo tienes más controlado, por cierto, saludos también en este foro... tratamos de recopilar toda la información posible. Si quieres contestarme en español mucho mejor...

When can I download the new RAWKUSB? December? for Christmas? Jejejeje It's a present of St Claus????

As says Szalkow, it will be released "when its ready", there is no date...
PAL users can use NTSC game

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
melodical said:
However, i have read on a few different threads on gba temp that assured that the Hairy method for RB2 does work through usb loader through by means of wiiflow on 4.1 and probably on 4.2 using an ntsc version of RB2. A downside to it seems to be that you have to keep flushing your wii of the tracks every 3 or 4 tracks as it installs to the wii! No usb as yet which is also quite soul destroying!This is what I meant. You can use any USB Loader and play customs and DLC, but because the cIOSes don't know how to handle SD cards completely, the songs will not clear from the NAND after playing, which sort of defeats the purpose of having multiple songs on there.
melodical said:
In conclusion are you saying that in order to install the NEWER or OLDER versions of RawkSD I DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL CIOSCORP??? If so great!
smile.gif
Correct: RawkSD contains its own IOS patch and does NOT require cIOSCORP to be installed.
melodical said:
Do i also need to use an original disk for previous versions of Rawk i.e the current and older versions, not the new, not yet released, pending release version?
Not necessarily, but you will have an easier time if you use one, for the reasons mentioned above: USB loading messes up the SD card handling, and cIOSCORP has a hit-or-miss success rate. The new unreleased version is the only version for which it seems to actually matter if you have the original disc (unless this changes before release).

QUOTE(crwys @ Nov 26 2009, 10:24 PM)
Does this work with, or will it work with the new rock band game, "Lego Rock Band" ?
By "this" I mean, importing the songs from Lego Rock Band into Rock Band 2.
The demo video for the next release clearly indicates that LRB and Band Hero will be importable.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice, Szalkow. I think it's safe to mention the REASON you'll need the real game disc: Modern Rawkfare will require its own IOS for emulation. Also, I think VH will be importable. But yeah, good info all around.

Also, for USB Loading, you could use Paranoyyed's tool, but it's a MESS for real DLC.

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SFenton said:
Nice, Szalkow. I think it's safe to mention the REASON you'll need the real game disc: Modern Rawkfare will require its own IOS for emulation. Also, I think VH will be importable. But yeah, good info all around.

Also, for USB Loading, you could use Paranoyyed's tool, but it's a MESS for real DLC.

A retail disc or cIOSCORP maybe.
I don't care, because I have the retail disc...
I enter every day to this thread too see if new version is released xD

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It should be noted that neither Szalkow or SFenton are actually involved in the development of RawkSD. Remember kids:
AerialX said:
The misinformation! It burns!
Until the new version of RawkSD is actually out, no-one can say for sure that they know what it will/won't do.

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I created my own song .But it will not load .Even though it shows up on the menu and I can listen to a preview. I am using rockband disk launcher

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]

PAL users can use NTSC game
[/quote]

By the sounds of it we cant with the new RawkSD cus you need the original disc, so all PAL users will be screwed. If thats a side effect of the method used for the new RawkSD then fair enough, but if its an anti-pirating feature then i dont get it. RawkSD isnt a reason to get into playing back ups, its a nice side feature of RB2, piracy should be left to Nintendo to sort out. Before RawkSD every method of GH/RB customs on every system needed back up discs, i cant see why its an issue now.

This isnt me trying to start a flaming war, just an opinion from someone on PAL with the original PAL disc but using NTSC back up for RawkSD, and loving it. Id love to continue to use it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ