Country
United States
Drums keep freezing
frown.gif

Background:
-Followed MCP's guide exactly
-Yes, I checked add empty drum track
-Yes, the last audio channel in the Drum tab is checked

No matter what I try, it always hangs on the loading screen.

I'd appreciate if someone could take a look at it and/or let me know how to fix it.

[Download] (my first drum chart, also a work in progress)

2 second offset if you'd like to test in game.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpfaygo said:
I'm a noob and am thinking about installing this but I have a few questions about my DLC.

1. Since the RB1/GH songs act as DLC on the SD card, can it be put on the same card with my other 120 DLC tracks?

2. When I install the songs will my other DLC be gone and will I have to redownload them all?

3. Will my game save data be deleted?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. If they are official DLC, then no as RawkSD uses a different slot for Custom DLC.

2. No

3. No. It's always good to have a backup just in case.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Herg said:
Dent said:
Herg said:
Dent said:
Or try formatting the SD card with the SDFormatter program being sure to change the default options of Format Type to full(erase off) and Format Size Adjustment to on.
Hmmm...
I tried this, and I still had to boot with the 2GB card, then swap the 4GB to get it to work.
Is your free space on the card less than 1.99 GB?
Yes, I've tried it with about 3GB on it, completely full, and with about 1.5GB on it, just for completeness. In none of those cases did it work if I boot with the 4GB card inserted. If I boot with the 2GB card inserted and swap the 4GB at the main menu, it works fine.
I don't know what to say then. All I know is that it works perfectly for me and I don't have to start with a 2GB card first and switch to the 4Gb. Oh, I am on firmware 3.2U if that matters. You know, I bet that is how our Wii's differ. You probably updated the Wii firmware to 4.0 which has the SDHC update (which does not work for Rock Band 2 by the way) and that is why you now have to do the switcheroo thing. I was reading about that issue on the Rock Band forums and many have run into the same problem and have to do the switch card thing after this 4.0 firmware update.
I read the Rock Band forums, and the thing that helped me was turning on WiiConnect24 and Standby. If I power off to the yellow LED, I can leave the 4GB card in all the time.

Not that I want to try to get back on topic
rolleyes.gif
, but would anyone be interested in a Linux command line tool to batch convert Frets on Fire customs to RawkSD format? I have written one that is working pretty well for me. If there's interest, I can make it a bit more user friendly, but I don't want to waste time on it if I'm the only person who would use it.

medeiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[/quote]
I read the Rock Band forums, and the thing that helped me was turning on WiiConnect24 and Standby. If I power off to the yellow LED, I can leave the 4GB card in all the time.

Not that I want to try to get back on topic
rolleyes.gif
, but would anyone be interested in a Linux command line tool to batch convert Frets on Fire customs to RawkSD format? I have written one that is working pretty well for me. If there's interest, I can make it a bit more user friendly, but I don't want to waste time on it if I'm the only person who would use it.
[/quote]

you can do this,because I have frets on fire and all my musics I can import for rawk sd and rock band 2.You must go at the new custom opitions in the rawk sd.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
medeiros said:
you can do this,because I have frets on fire and all my musics I can import for rawk sd and rock band 2.You must go at the new custom opitions in the rawk sd.
Yeah, but you have to do them one at a time and manually merge the audio channels. Then enter the song name, artist, etc. Then set the audio balance, etc. ...
wacko.gif

My tool does a bunch of songs in a single run, pulls info from the song.ini, merges the audio channels, encodes the audio (with customizable quality) and spits out a folder full of songs ready to drop into the rawksd "customs" folder.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Herg said:
medeiros said:
Yeah, but you have to do them one at a time and manually merge the audio channels. Then enter the song name, artist, etc. Then set the audio balance, etc. ...
wacko.gif

My tool does a bunch of songs in a single run, pulls info from the song.ini, merges the audio channels, encodes the audio (with customizable quality) and spits out a folder full of songs ready to drop into the rawksd "customs" folder.
I'd use it.

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Herg said:

Sounds like it would be a big help. I just did a couple FOF songs and would've done more if it wasn't a pain. I'd use it
smile.gif

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
medeiros said:
Herg said:
OK, here it is. FoF RawkSD Converter

Again, it's a Linux command line application, so you should be familiar if you want to use it. There's a README inside the tarball.

Please make a tutorial more explicative
I don't mean to be blunt, but if you don't know how to extract a tarball and read the README, this probably isn't for you.

Zergio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of what size you recommend the sd card? (2gb, 4gb?) supose that i only want to import the rb1 songs.

and.. it works fine with wii version 4.0U?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could be mistaken because I don't have the game, but I was poking around and it looks maybe possibly that today's DLC update moved them into starting to use sZCE (they've got files up to 27 in there). Out of curiosity, does that affect RawkSD at all?

medeiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Herg said:
medeiros said:
Herg said:
OK, here it is. FoF RawkSD Converter

Again, it's a Linux command line application, so you should be familiar if you want to use it. There's a README inside the tarball.

Please make a tutorial more explicative
I don't mean to be blunt, but if you don't know how to extract a tarball and read the README, this probably isn't for you.

No I read the tutorial yesterday,but I don' t know how to use linux scripts.I never use one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies