Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
New build up again.
RawkSD v1.08 Download

Farily large changelog here, a lot of things are fixed. Let's see what I can remember...
- Previews now fade in
- Previews are louder and fixed for RB1-engine imports
- Guitar Hero 1 (and 2, 80s) are importable (ark files must be read off of a PS2 disc)
- Better tagging info for all importable discs
- More miscellaneous fixes for custom charts
- The Wii RawkSD Installer installs much faster than before
- And probably a lot more that I forget
This means that you should be re-importing your RB1 and GH2/GH80s discs if you want the tag information to be correct. Delete the imports before importing again if you want the fixed previews.

Some people may also notice a new Donate button in the Help menu. I've been asked about taking donations, so I figured I'll give you guys a way to donate if anyone likes RawkSD enough
smile.gif

(Any donations received will go toward things like my ongoing hosting costs, domain renewals, and such)

Enjoy!

I'm new to this. How can I extract ark files off a PS2 disc (an ISO?)?
Thanks!

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm just use winrar to extract it. it worked for me lol. and then there will be an ark and hdr file in the extracted files. and use rawksd browse through the folders and click on the ark file.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Or try formatting the SD card with the SDFormatter program being sure to change the default options of Format Type to full(erase off) and Format Size Adjustment to on.
Hmmm...
I tried this, and I still had to boot with the 2GB card, then swap the 4GB to get it to work.

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
It only says that if you've never been in the wii shop channel before. Since you claim to have previously downloaded DLC I don't see why you suddenly wouldn't be able to access the music store - my wii still has the old shop channel from 3.2 installed (because I haven't bothered updating it) and the music store works just fine.
(Of course I wouldn't seriously help you, considering the shit you posted in the old thread.)

That means he hasn't been to the Wii Shop. He just said he has legit DLC to sound convincing.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
justinrocks123 said:
well i hope it does=/ Or illjust wait for the nand emulator=D
.Hey tueidj are u gunna have a program to install customs to nand when the nand emulator comes out. so we can have dlc on a usb drive.=D
I have serious doubts about whether it's possible to simulate a NAND device with higher capacity than the original, but let's wait and see.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
DLC for rockband hitting torrent sites near u soon with full guide.

Since GHWT DLC was pirated, I guess it was only a matter of time before Rock Band 2 DLC would be.

It's a shame too since Nintendo will probably work harder to stop it and therefore end up trying to ruin homebrew again.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
thc42O said:

Well, it was only a matter of time. Don't bring it into IRC though. >_>

im still debating weather to make it public.

If tuejd or w/e apologizes for being ignorant towards me. Ill save you guys the hassle and let your app continue to be the best alternative to buying DLC.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Herg said:
Dent said:
Or try formatting the SD card with the SDFormatter program being sure to change the default options of Format Type to full(erase off) and Format Size Adjustment to on.
Hmmm...
I tried this, and I still had to boot with the 2GB card, then swap the 4GB to get it to work.
Is your free space on the card less than 1.99 GB?

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
SFenton said:
thc42O said:

If tuejd or w/e apologizes for being ignorant towards me. Ill save you guys the hassle and let your app continue to be the best alternative to buying DLC.

thc420, this tool can work for do support to usb loader?

I mean, we can convert the dlc rawksd encrypted to a dlc rawksd decrypted...

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
justinrocks123 said:
well i hope it does=/ Or illjust wait for the nand emulator=D
.Hey tueidj are u gunna have a program to install customs to nand when the nand emulator comes out. so we can have dlc on a usb drive.=D
I have serious doubts about whether it's possible to simulate a NAND device with higher capacity than the original, but let's wait and see.

Well isn't the whole point to have more storage and be able to run it off the usb drive unpacked or on the sd card. It would kinda suck if it had a limitation to 500 mb though.Which it probablty won't.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ExLex said:
thc42O said:
SFenton said:
thc42O said:

thc420, this tool can work for do support to usb loader?

I mean, we can convert the dlc rawksd encrypted to a dlc rawksd decrypted...

again , cIOS is responsible for being able to load DLC from USB loader so . as of now no usb loader support.

PrinceOD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found another bug, not sure how to reproduce it but here is the basic process (downloaded latest version of everything last night):

1. Installed RB1 and AC/DC to SD with installer after preparing it with the wii app (on SD card with purchased DLC as well)

2. Finished install on wii

3. Realized I'd forgotten a few songs and had the space, so I repeated 1 and 2

4. Started Rock Band 2 and it told me it couldn't index the content, but it had also somehow wrecked my RB2 save game (which made me throw a drum stick when I realized that I'd lost the band name I liked).

So let that be a lesson to everyone that you should back up your save games before mucking about with stuff like this (which has, otherwise, worked great).

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
SFenton said:
thc42O said:

Why mention it if you've yet decided whether to release it?
Guess the drama returns...

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
thc42O said:
im still working on 2nd gen DLC
So, is this you getting the seperate audio/charts from elsewhere, creating customs on RawkSD and then packing them together for release? Or is this an app like the OneUp one for GHWT? Hoping its the latter cus ive done a few the first way myself but would like post 2008 DLC rather than using mp3s.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Herg said:
Dent said:
Hmmm...
Is your free space on the card less than 1.99 GB?
Yes, I've tried it with about 3GB on it, completely full, and with about 1.5GB on it, just for completeness. In none of those cases did it work if I boot with the 4GB card inserted. If I boot with the 2GB card inserted and swap the 4GB at the main menu, it works fine.

BTW, I just finished the difficulty tier mapping:

Band
0: 0.01-1.58
1: 1.59-2.18
2: 2.19-2.73
3: 2.74-3.27
4: 3.28-3.82
5: 3.83-4.53
6: 4.54+

Guitar
0: 0.01-1.44
1: 1.45-1.93
2: 1.94-2.46
3: 2.47-3.00
4: 3.01-3.53
5: 3.54-4.05
6: 4.06+

Drums
0: 0.01-1.32
1: 1.33-1.68
2: 1.69-2.07
3: 2.08-2.93
4: 2.94-3.48
5: 3.49-4.00
6: 4.01+

Vocals
0: 0.01-1.38
1: 1.39-1.79
2: 1.80-2.19
3: 2.20-2.58
4: 2.59-2.97
5: 2.98-3.72
6: 3.73+

Bass
0: 0.01-1.59
1: 1.60-2.19
2: 2.20-2.58
3: 2.59-2.97
4: 2.98-3.48
5: 3.49-4.00
6: 4.01+

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
crezwell said:
thc42O said:
So, is this you getting the seperate audio/charts from elsewhere, creating customs on RawkSD and then packing them together for release? Or is this an app like the OneUp one for GHWT? Hoping its the latter cus ive done a few the first way myself but would like post 2008 DLC rather than using mp3s.

its Real dlc from Nintendo update servers.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
thc42O said:
crezwell said:
thc42O said:

its Real dlc from Nintendo update servers.
In that case i duno why 1 or 2 peoples opinions should matter so much if its a seperate thing and you're doing it yourself, go for it!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!