Hacking RawkSD

jwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all regulars here. Been reading these threads a lot lately after having gotten into homebrew, but my 1st real post.

HAving an issue w/ RawkSD on the PC. Looking to import RB1 to RB2. HAve RB1 ISO on the PC (via Superdump on HBC). Windows Vista PC w/ most recent .NET framework.

RawkSD boots up on PC. FInds the ISO when hitting import. Tracks display to be selected. Once I begin import, it stops before getting thru 1st track. I then get the "RawkSD has stopped working correctly. Windows will close.." msg.

ANy ideas?

x5nder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few issues I have run into:

Rawksd can't deal with PAL-iso's (at least, it can't handle GH3 PAL iso's). Rawksd will detect the songs, but when trying to import them it will crash.

Also, on _some_ computers Rawksd will crash while importing GH3-iso's or PS2 GH1/GH2-iso's, while on other computers it will have no problem importing these exact same iso's. Put your Rawksd-map and iso's on a portable harddrive, and try on different computers if you have trouble importing songs.

Feature request: doubleclicking an imported song opens the Edit-screen and make it possible to select multiple files for deletion (Ctrl-mouseclick).

Other than that, it is an EXCELLENT tool!!!

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem, a question and a request:

Problem: No matter what I do, drum crashes. Yes I know add empty drum track but that doesn't work either.

Question: How big can the SD card be? I've read SDHC doesn't work.

Request: Automatic FoFiX importing. It would detect all the song.ogg, guitar.ogg, etc and put them in the right place, check song.ini for Title etc and do everything on its own.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use RawkSD to add the empty drum track. Do it manually in something like Audacity and it will work.
Hope to see a new version of this program in the future that addresses these small things and adds GHWT support.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will there be any support in the future for the NAND emulation so we can have lots of space? It would require putting stuff on NAND instead of SD, but I assume it's possible. Just wondering if there are any plans for when that's released.

Thanks

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
Will there be any support in the future for the NAND emulation so we can have lots of space? It would require putting stuff on NAND instead of SD, but I assume it's possible. Just wondering if there are any plans for when that's released.

Thanks

Probably not as RawkSD does not work on nor supports cIOS which is used for the NAND emulation.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:
drmarvin said:

Thanks

Probably not as RawkSD does not work on nor supports cIOS which is used for the NAND emulation.
Actually, it would work. However, the new cIOS with NAND emulation has some huge flaws that make it almost useless as an alternative DLC solution.
So, until we get a decent virtual NAND setup (give it 4 or 5 cIOS revisions?
tongue.gif
), it's not going to happen.

Chlikaflok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there,

I've yet to use the program since I've been away from my wii for the past 2 months, but I'm eager to try it out. One question still remains in my head : Can I use GH3 Customs (one with all metal songs in, for example) I had burnt to export the songs into Rock Band 2?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chlikaflok said:
Hey there,

I've yet to use the program since I've been away from my wii for the past 2 months, but I'm eager to try it out. One question still remains in my head : Can I use GH3 Customs (one with all metal songs in, for example) I had burnt to export the songs into Rock Band 2?
Indeed you can, they will import the same as a GH3 disc. However, you will have a big task on your hands as you must change the song title and songID for every song. Leave the songtitle alone if you're lazy, but CHANGE THE SONGID or it will incorrectly report highscores and multiplayer information. Using custom GH3 discs was a popular alternative before the GH1/GH2 support was implemented.

x5nder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Szalkow said:
Chlikaflok said:
Hey there,

Indeed you can, they will import the same as a GH3 disc. However, you will have a big task on your hands as you must change the song title and songID for every song. Leave the songtitle alone if you're lazy, but CHANGE THE SONGID or it will incorrectly report highscores and multiplayer information. Using custom GH3 discs was a popular alternative before the GH1/GH2 support was implemented.

...or you can just check the 'custom disc'-option, and Rawksd will automatically adjust the song id's ;-)

ashashash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 4.0E Wii hacked with bannerbomb. cIOS60 installed as ios249

Whenever I run the rawksd patcher I get a code dump message, could anyone help me out here? I've tried it multiple times because some people said it worked on the third time for them, but no luck.

Do I need to specifically install a clean IOS37 first?

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Maurice10 said:
Request: Automatic FoFiX importing. It would detect all the song.ogg, guitar.ogg, etc and put them in the right place, check song.ini for Title etc and do everything on its own.
It's not the same as having it integrated into RawkSD, but you could try my script.

iamarkane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
help i cant install any new CIOS im now in 4.1u using wankikos updater. i keep getting ret error -2011, whether installing cios, wads and such. even boot mii and usbloader is not working.

do i have to downgrade?

all of this happened when i installed rawk sd. help!!! thank in advance

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
ccfman2004 said:
drmarvin said:

Thanks

Actually, it would work. However, the new cIOS with NAND emulation has some huge flaws that make it almost useless as an alternative DLC solution.
tongue.gif

What are the flaws you speak of (other than the fact that the NAND emu app isn't released yet)? What makes it useless for DLC? Isn't the point of RawkSD basically that once the songs are converted to a usable format, the save file is patched to tell the game where they are? Wouldn't you be able to just point it to the NAND, as long as you didn't have anything trying to access the SD card, since it would then try to copy all the content to the card.

Thanks for the input. I'm just trying to understand things

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
drmarvin said:
AerialX said:
ccfman2004 said:
drmarvin said:

Thanks

tongue.gif

What are the flaws you speak of (other than the fact that the NAND emu app isn't released yet)? What makes it useless for DLC? Isn't the point of RawkSD basically that once the songs are converted to a usable format, the save file is patched to tell the game where they are? Wouldn't you be able to just point it to the NAND, as long as you didn't have anything trying to access the SD card, since it would then try to copy all the content to the card.

Thanks for the input. I'm just trying to understand things
The fact that it's unreleased isn't a flaw, since it's in the cIOS. We can enable it easily. The flaws are that ES calls start failing, if you put more than a GB worth of DLC/customs in the emulated NAND it fails almost completely, and is unable to save and even load your video settings. Basically, things break. It also appears to be kinda slow.
Others could answer this question better though, because I haven't actually played around with it personally. But suffice it to say that it needs a fair bit of work before it becomes usable.

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was removing a few songs from my SD card through RawkSD and now when I go to the SD card settings on Wii, it freezes.

Any way to get through this?

ashashash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a few people say they had trouble with PAL Rock Band 1 isos causing things to crash, is this a real issue? I'd actually rather go out and buy a copy from the store than download an NTSC iso because my internet is not particularly quick right now.

Does it matter if the iso is scrubbed or not?

For anyone else getting code dumps during patching, I fixed mine by going back to the earliest NAND backup I had and reinstalling only as much as I needed. 3.2E with IOS36, patched fine and customs worked perfectly running an NTSC backup disc through Mrkinator's rock band channel launcher.

So if things aren't working out it might be because you installed some combination of things on your Wii that the patcher doesn't like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwLviMVR9E