Hacking RawkSD

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Binxy said:
So is lets say 15 gigs enough for this? Just wondering if I should reformat my hard drive to have a bigger partition. I have a 500 gb usb hdd with 30 gigs in FAT and the rest in WFBS format.
Was thinking about getting a 1.5 tb.
songs ive ripped with rawk3 vary from 8 meg to 37 meg, and i think i have roughly 750+ songs loaded right now, taking up around 16 gig - that might help you capacitate yoself.

Atruejedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Apologies for being a total noob. I have a Wii that has the Homebrew Channel installed. I don't understand any of that IOS stuff... it was a miracle I got the Homebrew Channel installed. I own Rock Band 1 and 2, The Beatles, Green Day, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 5, and Guitar Hero Van Halen. I recently started downloading digital copies of all these (minus RB2) because I forget how to wirelessly extract the disc images to my desktop computer (and it took an enormous amount of time to do; I did it twice before but deleted the ISOs after using RawkSD to extract the songs). Today I received a 1 TB external hard drive I planned on using to back up my digital music collection... then realized I could put a metric shit-ton of my Rock Band songs on it! I am currently alternating between two 2 GB SD cards and it's not the ideal solution (especially since I can't fit everything on them anyway; I generally have skipped the songs I'm not a huge fan of, but it would be nice to have access to them).

So my question is, being a huge noob, is it possible to use my external HD to store my store-bought DLC and RawkSD-extracted disc tracks?

Additionally, I was looking up how to backup all my games on to the external HD and it had some nonsense about further modding my Wii past what I've done with the Homebrew Channel (with IOS stuff that is beyond my comprehension)... if I do that, will I still be able to use RawkSD? As I said, I own all the previously mentioned discs. I'd rather be able to use RawkSD than backup my games and play them from a hard drive... but both would be nice
smile.gif

Edit: Well, look at that, Homebrew Channel wanted me to update and told me this: "Using IOS versions: Installer: 38, HBC: 61". Don't know if that helps.. but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for your time and effort, and thanks for reading!

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atruejedi said:
Hello. Apologies for being a total noob. I have a Wii that has the Homebrew Channel installed. I don't understand any of that IOS stuff... it was a miracle I got the Homebrew Channel installed. I own Rock Band 1 and 2, The Beatles, Green Day, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 5, and Guitar Hero Van Halen. I recently started downloading digital copies of all these (minus RB2) because I forget how to wirelessly extract the disc images to my desktop computer (and it took an enormous amount of time to do; I did it twice before but deleted the ISOs after using RawkSD to extract the songs). Today I received a 1 TB external hard drive I planned on using to back up my digital music collection... then realized I could put a metric shit-ton of my Rock Band songs on it! I am currently alternating between two 2 GB SD cards and it's not the ideal solution (especially since I can't fit everything on them anyway; I generally have skipped the songs I'm not a huge fan of, but it would be nice to have access to them).

So my question is, being a huge noob, is it possible to use my external HD to store my store-bought DLC and RawkSD-extracted disc tracks?

Additionally, I was looking up how to backup all my games on to the external HD and it had some nonsense about further modding my Wii past what I've done with the Homebrew Channel (with IOS stuff that is beyond my comprehension)... if I do that, will I still be able to use RawkSD? As I said, I own all the previously mentioned discs. I'd rather be able to use RawkSD than backup my games and play them from a hard drive... but both would be nice
smile.gif

Edit: Well, look at that, Homebrew Channel wanted me to update and told me this: "Using IOS versions: Installer: 38, HBC: 61". Don't know if that helps.. but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for your time and effort, and thanks for reading!

You can use this TB drive to store your DLC, yes; the app to do it should be out in around three weeks.

As for backing up your data, I reccomend SuperDump, or, in a pinch, any ol' USB Loader. RawkSD also allows you to dump your music game discs for use with the program.

Atruejedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
You can use this TB drive to store your DLC, yes; the app to do it should be out in about three weeks.

Awesome. Is the app a part of RawkSD or a separate app?

QUOTEAs for backing up your data, I reccomend SuperDump, or, in a pinch, any ol' USB Loader. RawkSD also allows you to dump your music game discs for use with the program.

I will look into SuperDrump, thanks! And oh man, I totally forgot RawkSD could extract directly from the disc now!!! That wasn't in the original version when I ripped my ISOs wirelessly and used RawkSD on my desktop computer to extract the songs. Awesome! Thanks for reminding me. But before I cancel all my downloads, can I back it up directly to the USB hard drive? I'd hate to have to mess with individual files on SD cards :/

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atruejedi said:
SFenton said:
You can use this TB drive to store your DLC, yes; the app to do it should be out in about three weeks.

Awesome. Is the app a part of RawkSD or a separate app?

It's all integrated into RawkSD 3.0.

QUOTE said:
As for backing up your data, I reccomend SuperDump, or, in a pinch, any ol' USB Loader. RawkSD also allows you to dump your music game discs for use with the program.

I will look into SuperDrump, thanks! And oh man, I totally forgot RawkSD could extract directly from the disc now!!! That wasn't in the original version when I ripped my ISOs wirelessly and used RawkSD on my desktop computer to extract the songs. Awesome! Thanks for reminding me. But before I cancel all my downloads, can I back it up directly to the USB hard drive? I'd hate to have to mess with individual files on SD cards :/

Yes, the homebrew app supports ripping to hard drives. It needs to be in Fat32 format though.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice that Rock Band DLC manager does not like the Rawk3 imports (not sure from where). If I move my cRBA folder, it no longer crashes on loading.

This does not happen with the old DLC manager. Must be with tagging?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question:

Why does Rawk2 not have to transcode RB1 disks; however, in Rawk3, they get transcoded like a GH disk???

Transcoding takes a long time (I have a quad core) and loses quality. Why do it if you don't have to?

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the subject of the DLC Manager, it's a bug in the output of RawkSD that nothing else cares about because that is literally the only program that reads the affected file. I just reported it and we'll see if he fixes it...if not I may be able to do a new release that works around it.

RB1 is transcoded (probably without any actual quality loss) to get rid of that silliness with the grey highway.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One lossy transcode between two formats at an average bitrate of ~192 kbps for use in Wii Rock Band was determined to be indiscernible for all users tested. I guarantee that you cannot hear the difference. The longer import time was determined a fair tradeoff for getting rid of the Gray Bars of Doom and also a nice way of bringing everything up to the new standard.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm having a problem with RawkSD that has never occured before.
When I try to install my customs, it gives me a DSI error and I have to reset.
I've searched and I found out that I need to install CIOSBUGFIX37.wad.
I found that, but when I try to install it, it gives me an error (-1029, I think)
Any help to get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not hydrogenaudio but you guys must be wearing your ear buds too because it is pretty evident if a song has been trancoded.

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
newbie here with some questions. sorry if these were answered, but looking through the thread I couldn't find a straight answer.

1. If I am not on the invite list for the beta I should not download and use Rawk 3.0 - EVEN THOUGH the link to download it is up on the wiki page?

2. I cannot use illegally downloaded DLC content (BIN files I have without actually purchasing them) on an SDHC/USB Drive with Rawk 3.0? (I have the officially purhcased rock band 2 disc)

thanks in advance
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...