Gaming Rants about SSBB Characters...

hamchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in my opinion alll charackters are very balanced.

There is no Tier1 2 3 4 in Brawl like it was in Melee...

The only unbalanced thing are the ultra smashes...

but hey, In " real " matches ( clan wars etc.. ) no ones play with US

All in all the game is genious the Mechanics are much more precise than before and the Movements are more like real life. No Wave dashes or L-cancels. Pefekt 10/10

The game is not really balanced.....Pit is already overpowered like crazy...

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
in my opinion alll charackters are very balanced.

There is no Tier1 2 3 4 in Brawl like it was in Melee...

The only unbalanced thing are the ultra smashes...

but hey, In " real " matches ( clan wars etc.. ) no ones play with US

All in all the game is genious the Mechanics are much more precise than before and the Movements are more like real life. No Wave dashes or L-cancels. Pefekt 10/10

The game is not really balanced.....Pit is already overpowered like crazy...

so was kirby in 64,
shiek / falco in melee

i just aim to be good enough to still own noobs who choose to main with imba characters.
i mained with dr. mario and had difficulty with shiek because of the obvious disadvantage , but i managed to win most of the time.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly like all the changes to the game. it makes the game feel different and this way, its like learning a new game. kinda.... maybe...

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing a lot recently and the game is addicting. I guess the key to the basic game that must be mastered to be truly awesome is the dodge and the fact that there multiple air dodges.

I'm pretty good with Marth right about now. Playing with some Diddy, but WTH is up with Donkey Kong? He still sucks really bad and Samus.... my poor samus. I've learned to play with her differently, but just doesn't PWN nearly as much as she used to be to.

Has anyone play with Falcon.... they took away his sweetspot with the shorthop... he combos slower... i just wish someone who is probably better at finding things out can figure out the metagame. while i don't expect this to be melee 2.0, i do want a great brawl experience, which entail me raping the computer player at level 9 and not struggling to beat em...

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
lvl 9 computers are hard this time?
in melee, most ppl can beat them 3 stock with only losing a life at most.

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was like going from Halo 2 to Halo 3. They added a lot of stuff they didnt need (ways to slow down time, final smashes). Regardless of the hardcore community's thoughts on the game, it's going to be fun online.

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lvl 9 computers are hard this time?
in melee, most ppl can beat them 3 stock with only losing a life at most.

Well, I know that I am in no shape or form one of the better brawl players out there. But as such, I am no noob either. While the computer player does not kill me, a lot of the times its ends up going to 1 or 2 stock in a five stock match...

ad0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop nagging the game for some stupid detail speculation!

Samus maybe is slower than she was in melee, but so is all the other characters. Brawl and Melee isn't the same game, don't forget that. I am also an diehard melee fan and it was wierd to play brawl the first time, but after a while, you get used to it.
Brawl gives SSB a whole new level, just look at SSE. Be happy for what the game has to offer, it already is too much so stop nagging the game. Samus works fine the way she is, just practice a little more.

Brawl ftw
smile.gif

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
so apparently this quote pisses off alot of melee die hards. so im going to say it here.

"this is NOT Melee 2.0"

hehehe

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Samus was definitely hit harder than most with the nerf bat.

I also mained Samus, so I completely understand your frustration.

She gets only one cool advantage: the ability to change into Zero Suit at any time. Neat, I guess.

I'm slowly adapting and figuring out new ways to use this character. She definitely isn't what she used to be, but I can't really say that she is relatively any worse. New game, new mechanics, a bit too early to tell.

tojomajojo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow people have to stop bitching about the roster of the game or how some characters turned out. so many people did that about melee and yet there are still copies of the game being sold just accept the fact that your faggy wet dream with all the characters you wanted did not get in then either whine and dont play the game or just play it and have fun. psh alot of people on gamefaqs keep whining about it

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow people have to stop bitching about the roster of the game or how some characters turned out. so many people did that about melee and yet there are still copies of the game being sold just accept the fact that your faggy wet dream with all the characters you wanted did not get in then either whine and dont play the game or just play it and have fun. psh alot of people on gamefaqs keep whining about it

huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif

i whine but i still play the game and have fun. the new character roster is pretty blahh.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't played the game yet as I'm waiting for the North American release...but the Smash Die hards are smaller community than you imagine.

In all honesty, I prefer it how they switched some things up. It'll cause a lot of the diehards to start closer to ground zero like everyone else.

Like said above, this isn't Melee 2.0

This is Brawl...its new.

May I link you to this for laughs:

gamerpals38.jpg

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i agree about that under the new workings of the game some things seem more balanced, how ever:

overall, charging attacks are sooooo slow and almost useless, almost impossible to hit or charge, and soooo many players have these styles of attacks. even if the rest of the fight speed has slowed down, these have slowed down way too much i think.

is it just me or dose meta Knight kinda really suck? its almost impossibly to knock some one far away for one thing.
Mario: over all could have been a good player, but replacing his spin attack with his Flud attack was soooo wrong, any one find it useful? i sure don't. least luigi retains it
smile.gif

the good:

My mains since the N64 days have remained overall still some of the best,
Kirby: almost the same, and for the new game movment almost perfect for kirby
LINK: slower and cant hit as far but not bad
Fox: also slower, and also cant hit as far, i really miss that for him

Pokemon players seem to be tooo beefy , Ivysore and Pikachew seem quite well made players some might say cheap even. which is fine for any die hard pokemon fan i supose but i think thier power would have been nice to seen in other players

Pickman and Olmar: lame. i mean really overall seems worse then all forms of Jiggly puff(haven't unlocked the latest one... if thier is one?)
dose any one know how to use him or is he really that lame?

Fire Embalmers: Ike and Marth, marth seems a bit more rounded the he used to be (cheap) but Ike i mean wow is he slow attacking?

none mains
Yoshi: pretty normal except i find his jump recovery a little too worse
Ice Climbers: well improved since last game.
DK: made pretty well for DK

and thats all i've had time to get to know.

sid0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, people are entitled to bitch. That's what makes this the internet and that's what makes it free. While I see your implied point that this game is early on like melee was in the sense that people were bitching about melee, it's a little different. Going from N64 to Melee was a very fast and fluid transition. However, melee to Brawl is not so fluid because the mechanics are so different. In any instance, Brawl is good game and I am learning to play with Samus. I have to say that I am a lot better than I was a few days ago. However, I still haven't seen Samus to be quite as good as other characters and definitely not as good as she used to be. These are rants - rants that I hope will change in the weeks to come. But it is sad that Samus must have some other type of game that is not as natural as other characters. Why can I pick up Marth and Pikchu and still feel the same, but Samus I have to completely rework? Don't get me wrong here, it's that I am saying Brawl is bad, just that Samus was nerrffed in many ways.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one in the world with DK being my main from N64 to Brawl and still pwn with him? :'(

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pickman and Olmar: lame. i mean really overall seems worse then all forms of Jiggly puff(haven't unlocked the latest one... if thier is one?)
dose any one know how to use him or is he really that lame?
I'm actually digging Olimar. He has reasonable range on his ground smashes with a disjointed hitbox. I originally thought he'd be terrible, but he isn't that bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ