OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebuster2005 said:
ok, i'm totally tripped out. I don't know how to put cheats on my supercard. I'll add my steps on putting cheats on my supercard in this reply and can some1 pls pls tell me what i do wrong!!!

Step1: I downloaded usercheats2dats program to separate all cheats into multiple dat cheats and then i downloaded dats2scc program to change dat cheats to scc.
Step2: I downloaded USRCHEATs dat and use usercheat2dats to seperate all cheats from each other.
Step3: I picked the dat file YRBJ 9BDEC8F6.cht (its the code for ragnarok online (J)) and rename it to YRBJ 78E0757A.cht because some1 in this post said to change GameID and so i did.
Step4: I used dats2scc to change YRBJ 78E0757A.cht to YRBJ 78E0757A.scc
Step5: I put the YRBJ 78E0757A.scc to my supercard cheat files and played it but it just ran in its normal way, there was no cheats pop out so i started agian from step 4 renaming the YRBJ 78E0757A.cht into YRBJ_78e0757a.cht and made it YRBJ_78e0757a.scc but also didn't work.

So i renamed it again to 3161.cht and made it to 3161.scc but also did not work
hate2.gif

PLEASE!!! any1 help an idiot cheater
blink.gif
like me make RO cheats appear in my ds screen when i play the game...... srry again and thx for patching the game.... Best of Luck
This isn't the place to ask about your cheats for your card.
Go here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=92

quikshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Why does almost everyone want to cheat in this game? Can't you guys just enjoy it the way it is?

No one wants to stick to their ds all day trying to get to level 99. It would take forever. They'd also want to change to different classes, and that would halve your level-.-.-.-.-.-.-

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quikshadow said:
No one wants to stick to their ds all day trying to get to level 99. It would take forever. They'd also want to change to different classes, and that would halve your level-.-.-.-.-.-.-
You don't have to 'stick to your DS all day'...
I rebirthed after getting to 63 as an Assassin and I'm currently a late 40's TKD.
I had leveled up my Hunter to late 50's and then flat out started over.
It's not all that hard to level, and the game itself isn't that hard so you don't need a 99.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm about to finally try out this translation today, I'll let you know how it goes twiz.

PS: Anyone know where I can find a guide that will take me through the whole game? Cause I know the translation only takes you so far.

Edit: At the beginning, wouldn't it be better if the Mysterious Man said "You guys do whatever you can to get out of here." instead of "You guys, do whatever you can to get out here."? They're both correct, but the first one sounds more like a command. Like "get our of here now". The second one is more like asking them. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a grammar nazi.
Edit2: When Lab Researcher says "You'd just be sacrificing yourself is all!", it would sound way better if he just said "You'd just be sacrificing yourself!"

Edit3: Is there any way I can access the script? I keep finding things here and there that could be touched up...

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
thebuster2005 said:
ok, i'm totally tripped out. I don't know how to put cheats on my supercard. I'll add my steps on putting cheats on my supercard in this reply and can some1 pls pls tell me what i do wrong!!!

Step1: I downloaded usercheats2dats program to separate all cheats into multiple dat cheats and then i downloaded dats2scc program to change dat cheats to scc.
Step2: I downloaded USRCHEATs dat and use usercheat2dats to seperate all cheats from each other.
Step3: I picked the dat file YRBJ 9BDEC8F6.cht (its the code for ragnarok online (J)) and rename it to YRBJ 78E0757A.cht because some1 in this post said to change GameID and so i did.
Step4: I used dats2scc to change YRBJ 78E0757A.cht to YRBJ 78E0757A.scc
Step5: I put the YRBJ 78E0757A.scc to my supercard cheat files and played it but it just ran in its normal way, there was no cheats pop out so i started agian from step 4 renaming the YRBJ 78E0757A.cht into YRBJ_78e0757a.cht and made it YRBJ_78e0757a.scc but also didn't work.

So i renamed it again to 3161.cht and made it to 3161.scc but also did not work
hate2.gif

PLEASE!!! any1 help an idiot cheater
blink.gif
like me make RO cheats appear in my ds screen when i play the game...... srry again and thx for patching the game.... Best of Luck
This isn't the place to ask about your cheats for your card.
Go here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=92
but i'm not asking about my supercard just asking if there is any wrong steps i did to make the RO cheats like renaming the cheat, what file do i change the gameID so the cheat works? and what do i name the gameID? thats all man!!
rolleyes.gif
LOLZ PEACE OUT!!!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I'm about to finally try out this translation today, I'll let you know how it goes twiz.Cool
biggrin.gif

War said:
Edit: At the beginning, wouldn't it be better if the Mysterious Man said "You guys do whatever you can to get out of here." instead of "You guys, do whatever you can to get out here."? They're both correct, but the first one sounds more like a command. Like "get our of here now". The second one is more like asking them. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a grammar nazi.Not sure XD
I think that the way it is, "You guys, do whatever you can to get out of here." is correct. You typically add a comma after referring to someone
e.g. "War, could you update the translation index?"
War said:
Edit2: When Lab Researcher says "You'd just be sacrificing yourself is all!", it would sound way better if he just said "You'd just be sacrificing yourself!"Agreed.
War said:
Edit3: Is there any way I can access the script? I keep finding things here and there that could be touched up...Well... There's three ways you can access our files:
1). Google Docs pages -- though they're kind of out dated.
2). Download our current files -- new copy as of 2009-02-14 @ 2:35pm EST
3). Windows LiveMesh -- it syncs files between computers, so that everyone always has the most current files.
I have it set up to automatically backup and archive the files every night at midnight with only myself having access to the archives to eliminate any possible loss of data due to malicious users (though the possibility of that is highly unlikely).
You just need a Live account (like MSN) and I can invite you. (I use a junk gmail account)

LiveMesh does pose some security risks in that one of us could put a malicious file into the folder which would in turn be sent to your computer, and if you access the file, the malicious code would run.
But honestly, I'm too busy working on this project to H4X UR K0MPU73R.
(currently only myself and Arltan are using the LiveMesh folders)

Posts merged

QUOTE(thebuster2005 @ Feb 14 2009, 02:03 PM)
but i'm not asking about my supercard just asking if there is any wrong steps i did to make the RO cheats like renaming the cheat, what file do i change the gameID so the cheat works? and what do i name the gameID? thats all man!!
rolleyes.gif
LOLZ PEACE OUT!!!
But you ARE asking about your Supercard.
QUOTE(thebuster2005 @ Feb 14 2009, 02:28 AM)
Your question relates to cheats on a Supercard.
Which is:
-- Not under the purview of this SubForum (NDS ROM Hacking and Translation)
-- Not under the purview of this Topic (Ragnarok DS Translation Project)
Since your question relates directly to the SuperCard, namely cheats on the Supercard, it would belong in the Cheats forum or the Supercard forum.
All pertinent information needed for you to get cheats working on your card is in the first post (Game ID).
Anything relating to the cheats themselves should be in the Cheats forum.
Anything relating to using the cheats on your card should go in the cards forum.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, to me, it seems like it should be "You guys do whatever you can to get out of here" because it seems like he would say "You guys do whatever you can to get out of here... I'll hold them off." I dunno.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Well, to me, it seems like it should be "You guys do whatever you can to get out of here" because it seems like he would say "You guys do whatever you can to get out of here... I'll hold them off." I dunno.

I'm all for ya editing what ya find. I've been doing that as I go along, but some of my edits got lost in the various shuffles early on. I'd recommend Meshing with us, and using Script Ginsu to help make sure lines don't go over length.

malodorous101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
I would say the original was more grammatically correct. Your other suggestion was definitely an improvement over the original translation, though.

Hopefully soon we can resume translating the quest scripts and storyline. I am currently working on a tool that should help to speed up the process.

QUOTE(War @ Feb 14 2009, 08:45 PM) I was trying to do it through google docs but can't seem to find where the script is at. What do you recommend?
Part 1
Part 2

The script translations are currently restricted to certain translators and I think that the first section of already translated files are out of date on the spreadsheet. I (or anyone else with access) can authorise you if you want to view them. Just make sure that you mark any changes and copy the original into a neighbouring cell.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I was trying to do it through google docs but can't seem to find where the script is at. What do you recommend? As I said, google docs are outdated.
The scripts that are current are fully translated, we just need to upload a new sheet of 40 files to continue.
But since OO.o's import feature and tools used to compile texts to spreadsheet don't handle the UTF8/16 characters properly, it has to be done 'by hand' copy/paste/new sheet/repeat, which is a royal pain in the ass.

Your best bet would be to use the files from MediaFire and either send me the files, or make a list of Filename / Line # / Change.

malodorous101 said:
QUOTE(War @ Feb 14 2009, 08:45 PM) I was trying to do it through google docs but can't seem to find where the script is at. What do you recommend?
Part 1
Part 2

The script translations are currently restricted to certain translators and I think that the first section of already translated files are out of date on the spreadsheet. I (or anyone else with access) can authorise you if you want to view them. Just make sure that you mark any changes and copy the original into a neighbouring cell.
All of Part 1 and 2 are "translated" and included in the patches.
They could use a going-over by someone who can actually read Japanese, but I'd honestly rather have people working on what's not translated yet just to get as much done before we worry about making things perfect.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
but I'd honestly rather have people working on what's not translated yet just to get as much done before we worry about making things perfect.

Well, tonight I'll be making the super-broken version of RO so I can chart out all the quests so we'll have a list of what ones are "pub" and what ones are "story" w/ details

kwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thx a bunch artlan, and all the other translators, its so good so far.
I hope u guys get a bit more done, btw what do i need to do in order to pass to greffen, coz i can't read what the dude in the pub said coz its in kanji/hiragana @.@

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kwan said:
thx a bunch artlan, and all the other translators, its so good so far.
I hope u guys get a bit more done, btw what do i need to do in order to pass to greffen, coz i can't read what the dude in the pub said coz its in kanji/hiragana @.@
You'll pass a purple(?) haired Blacksmith on your way to Geffen.
When you get to the Gates, a worker will tell you that you need to the Bar to talk to the Boss.
When you get to the Bar/Pub, one of the patrons will tell you that the Boss is probably at the lake.
The Lake is in the NW corner of Prontera Forest East.

This quest info should be included with the more recent patches.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
which patch is the newest the patch or the patch patch cause its gives u 2 icons that says drop roms hereYou should have 4 files:CODEContributors.nfoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-- List of Contributors
Drag_Original_ROM_Here.batÂÂ-- Patching Script
patch.xdÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-- Current Patch
XDELTA.exeÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-- Patching Application
All you have to do is drag your unpatched, untrimmed ROM file onto the Drag_Original_ROM_Here.bat to apply the patch.
Any files not listed exactly above are not part of the current patches.

There was an older script file, "Drop rom Here.bat", which I believe was written by DarthNemesis.
It is basically the same file, but the newer one is from AndyJayne's tool NitroPE and is custom generated for the Game + Patch file specifically. You should be able to use the old .bat file to patch your ROM correctly, though I would suggest to always use the newest file. After you patch your ROM, you can safely delete all the files for the patch BUT KEEP YOUR CLEAN ROM! as it will be needed for the next patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.