Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
err, u have to repatch it, so i suggest to u, backup ur rom before u patch it
biggrin.gif

thebuster2005 said:
GOOD NEWS well for me anyway, I can play RO ds rom patched now LOLZ!!!! I just redownload all programs in my supercard and presto!!! i can play it..... I just want to ask how to put cheats in the game.... step by step procedure will be greatly appreciated... thx again twiztidsinz

to put cheats

step 1: go to cheats.gbatemp.net & download ur file, whatever ur cheat file is called
step 2(optional unless u are using a r4 and u are too lazy to get ysmenu): get a cheat code editor like r4cce

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kishire said:
Hello I'm new to the community and I also have a question, sorry if it is already asked but I couldn't seem to find it in this post.

Okay, so does anyone know how to update a patch? like for future reference, let's say a new patch is released in the next few weeks, how would I update the current patch that I'm using to the new translation patch? (but without corrupting the game save files or anything like that of course...which is, um, possible right?)

okay many thanks!
All patches should be applied to the clean (untrimmed/unmodified) ROM.
I think this is the best and easiest way to do things.
Since everyone starts at the same place (clean ROM) and there's only one patch, you don't have to worry about making sure your ROM will work with the patch. So far it has worked well, even when the patches were ~32MB each. Especially now that they are ~400KB I see no reason to change.

If you've done your best to read through to find your question, don't feel sorry for asking.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lezard2192 said:
dang all you guys are doing awsome xD and nice job on the small patch
ohmy.gif
Thanks, credit goes to AndyJayne for the patching tool.
I think/hope he'll have a version to release soon.

New patch is up (2009-02-10).
Lotsa little fixes and a few files translated.

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Kishire said:
Hello I'm new to the community and I also have a question, sorry if it is already asked but I couldn't seem to find it in this post.

Okay, so does anyone know how to update a patch? like for future reference, let's say a new patch is released in the next few weeks, how would I update the current patch that I'm using to the new translation patch? (but without corrupting the game save files or anything like that of course...which is, um, possible right?)

okay many thanks!
All patches should be applied to the clean (untrimmed/unmodified) ROM.
I think this is the best and easiest way to do things.
Since everyone starts at the same place (clean ROM) and there's only one patch, you don't have to worry about making sure your ROM will work with the patch. So far it has worked well, even when the patches were ~32MB each. Especially now that they are ~400KB I see no reason to change.

If you've done your best to read through to find your question, don't feel sorry for asking.

Thanks for answering, but im still not completely clear yet. Okay, let's say I apply the patch to the clean (unmodified) ROM, BUT, because the ROM I applied to is clean/unmodified, it wouldn't have my saved file right? unless I did something incorrectly...

Alright I'll try to specifically explain how I patched it and I would appreciate it if you could tell me if I did it correctly or not.

1) I placed/dropped the clean/unmodified RODS (ragnarok online DS) file onto the RODS Modifier (where it say "drop rom here")
2) It patched up the game, and now I received the RODS-Patch file.
3) So now I have TWO File, the [1]Clean/Unmodified RODS File, and [2]RODS-Patched File. But I only placed the [2]RODS-Patched File onto my gamecard.

Is that right? or am I suppose to put both file into the gamecard?
Would appreciate it if you guys can clear things up for me, Thanks in advance!

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
lezard2192 said:
dang all you guys are doing awsome xD and nice job on the small patch
ohmy.gif
Thanks, credit goes to AndyJayne for the patching tool.
I think/hope he'll have a version to release soon.

New patch is up (2009-02-10).
Lotsa little fixes and a few files translated.

Oh and hate to ask but where can I find the new patch? I checked the Wiki main page but it only show the 2009-02-07 patch. So I'm just wondering where to find this new 2009-02-10 patch. Thanks.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kishire said:
Thanks for answering, but im still not completely clear yet. Okay, let's say I apply the patch to the clean (unmodified) ROM, BUT, because the ROM I applied to is clean/unmodified, it wouldn't have my saved file right? unless I did something incorrectly...

Alright I'll try to specifically explain how I patched it and I would appreciate it if you could tell me if I did it correctly or not.

1) I placed/dropped the clean/unmodified RODS (ragnarok online DS) file onto the RODS Modifier (where it say "drop rom here")
2) It patched up the game, and now I received the RODS-Patch file.
3) So now I have TWO File, the [1]Clean/Unmodified RODS File, and [2]RODS-Patched File. But I only placed the [2]RODS-Patched File onto my gamecard.

Is that right? or am I suppose to put both file into the gamecard?
Would appreciate it if you guys can clear things up for me, Thanks in advance!The game ROM is independent of the save file.
Your card should have a .sav file for the game. Just make sure your ROM has the same name as the .save and it will work.
QUOTE(Kishire @ Feb 11 2009, 12:16 AM) Oh and hate to ask but where can I find the new patch? I checked the Wiki main page but it only show the 2009-02-07 patch. So I'm just wondering where to find this new 2009-02-10 patch. Thanks.
First post on this thread always has the latest patches.
Expand the section that lists the contributors and scroll down to find the download link + instructions.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear... I am so f-ing close to offering a cash reward to anyone who can find, and prove they found, the damned file with the "new game"/"load game"/"resume" buttons in it....

lynxure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
artlan said:
I swear... I am so f-ing close to offering a cash reward to anyone who can find, and prove they found, the damned file with the "new game"/"load game"/"resume" buttons in it....

if your using an emulator...i can help you with it...but if not..then go find other else to help you...

using emulator:

first..you must check your settings...my settings are just fine and i can find those buttons you've just said...my settings are here:
GBA Cartridge: Flash 128 Macronix
NDS CArtridge: Eeprom 64Kbytes

and that's the important things i know in running the rom in an emulator...

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lynxure said:
artlan said:

if your using an emulator...i can help you with it...but if not..then go find other else to help you...

using emulator:

first..you must check your settings...my settings are just fine and i can find those buttons you've just said...my settings are here:
GBA Cartridge: Flash 128 Macronix
NDS CArtridge: Eeprom 64Kbytes

and that's the important things i know in running the rom in an emulator...

Well, I'm talking about the file the graphics for them are in so I can pull them out and translate them
smile.gif
I've been working with Twiz and Andy doing all the graphics and other things, and I've been able to track down and extract all the other items thus far... but I do not know where the hell these ones are...
But yes, they show up just fine on my emu and my ds, thank you
smile.gif

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anubis said:
Have you checked 2d\title\obj\titleobj.ntrp?

Yep. Thats were I was sure I'd find them... but after pulling all 7 images and pallets from there, all I found was the copy right text, all the character portraits, the title screen logo, and the "Touch the Screen" button...
Also checked the titlebg.ntrp file. 6 files/pallets in there, but they're all just the nice pretty background images for the title sequence.

malodorous101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
artlan said:
Anubis said:

Yep. Thats were I was sure I'd find them... but after pulling all 7 images and pallets from there, all I found was the copy right text, all the character portraits, the title screen logo, and the "Touch the Screen" button...
Also checked the titlebg.ntrp file. 6 files/pallets in there, but they're all just the nice pretty background images for the title sequence.
I found 'em in titleobj.ntrp after ~5 mins of looking. lol
I filled some of the tiles in using different palette colours just to check:
le-buttons.png

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malodorous101 said:
artlan said:
Anubis said:

I found 'em in titleobj.ntrp after ~5 mins of looking. lol
I filled some of the tiles in using different palette colours just to check:
le-buttons.png

.... $%*&$(*&%)($%&)(!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, you loveable bastard. You win sir. You win. (And you too 'Nubis, I guess.) feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck.
Okay, well, puts that one to bed, means I get to work on other RO-Related file tampering then.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chamber-chick said:
Not sure if anyone elses game has had this problem but when i try to equip slotted weapons my game goes black, can hear the music but thats about all. Other than that the patch has been awesome =D
All weapons? Some weapons? Which FlashCard are you using?
Upload your save file (http://www.mediafire.com/) and send it to me in Private Message please.

lynxure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uhmmm...excuese me...is there any possibilities that i can have a multiplayer Wi-Fi game using an emulator in my computer with some other freaks in their computer??

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lynxure said:
uhmmm...excuese me...is there any possibilities that i can have a multiplayer Wi-Fi game using an emulator in my computer with some other freaks in their computer??

No there is not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off