ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey btw yeah, i noticed u said you fixed the job change bug right? For someone reason mine stil freezes when i change a job, well opening the menu after you change a job. It also freezes after you get the new guy from the Brigade, if u open menu it freezes.

Just letting you know : D

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changed into the Swordsman class. Im not avid at reading japenese, but its the guy that u first get, lvl 5 comes as a swordsman

Posts merged

Want me to test Other class changes? Im pretty sure its just the swordsman class bug, cuz if u noticed i tried changing into it, and the guy i got was a swordsman. Whenever i pressed the menu it froze whether if it was me changing to a swordsman, or getting the guy and pressing the menu.

So it's obviously bugging when it has to load the swordsman into the menu.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cavedude said:
Hey btw yeah, i noticed u said you fixed the job change bug right? For someone reason mine stil freezes when i change a job, well opening the menu after you change a job. It also freezes after you get the new guy from the Brigade, if u open menu it freezes.

Just letting you know : D
Cavedude said:
Changed into the Swordsman class. Im not avid at reading japenese, but its the guy that u first get, lvl 5 comes as a swordsmanThat's Lucifi I believe.
Cavedude said:
Want me to test Other class changes? Im pretty sure its just the swordsman class bug, cuz if u noticed i tried changing into it, and the guy i got was a swordsman. Whenever i pressed the menu it froze whether if it was me changing to a swordsman, or getting the guy and pressing the menu.
Which menu? Just pressing the button to bring up the menu causes a freeze?

QUOTE(Cavedude @ Jan 17 2009, 11:39 AM)
So it's obviously bugging when it has to load the swordsman into the menu.
It sounds more like it's due to the Menu and not the Job / Job Change.

I'll take a look into the menu file and check out the lines.

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when you press the menu in the bottom right corner, takes you to the menu ya know? And it loads the music fine it doesnt skip , it just wont load the menu it it buggs there. hmm

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The menus are working fine, but line crashes happen when you leave your current screen, either when you leave the map or access a menu/scribble pad, pretty much anything that makes your current screen disappear.
Anyway, you weren't really that specific, what do you mean by "Changed into the Swordsman class. Im not avid at reading japenese, but its the guy that u first get, lvl 5 comes as a swordsman"? That's not changing Jobs, that's when you get Lucifi in your party, those are separate scripts and have nothing to do with each other.

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its just me who knows.

This only happens after I choose my new job ::::This is exactly what happens. Im lvl 10/10 right now. I saved at Protera. So i load my game and it says welcome blah blah. I click job change, then swordsman Guild. It takes me there. I talk to the guy behind the bar n talk then choose the top option. talk then choose top option again. It turns me into a Swordsman cuz i said yes. Ok im able to walk around and all yeah. So i click the bottom right part of my screen (menu) and it loads 1/4 of the screen n buggs n stops loading. So i can't exit or leave or whatever only way to is to turn off my DS.

The connection i had with Lucifi is that when I opened it it loaded 1/4 of the screens menu and i assumed it could be a similar error.

Just trying to help n figure out why.

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and the reason why im assuming its the Swordsman Job because I tested the Mage and Archer and they worked perfecty. Only screwed up on the Swordsman, when trying to open the menu.

Again Lucifi is a swordsmen and it made the same error.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Andyjayne (malodorous101 here) is working on editing the top menu.
It's a fairly long and tedious process to do this, as you need to spend quite a bit of time getting things to line up before you can edit a word, then after that, you need to go line things up for the next word, and so on, and so on...
And even with all that work.. some words, like "STR" in the second screen, will have a hard time fitting as they dont always line up perfectly.

topmenuprogress2.png

topmenuprogress3.png

SoNiNhUh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any cheat codes?
I made some using EMUCheat. But have some fails, like, when you put your strenght to 9999 you receive 9999 stat points to distribute between the atribbutes, and you can't aply points in your intelligence.
Here they are:

HP 99999
0223D920 0000270F

SP 99999
0223D928 000003E7

STR 9999 (and stat points to distribute)
0221456C 0000270F

DEX 9999
02214574 0000270F

Debug to Can aply points in AGI.
02280F79 0000270F

Sorry if it's poor but i'm noob.

winrehs

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll wait till the FULL TRANSLATION is finished before playing the game.

TNX for the game everyone. ^^

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
twiztidsinz said:
Andyjayne (malodorous101 here) is working on editing the top menu.
It's a fairly long and tedious process to do this, as you need to spend quite a bit of time getting things to line up before you can edit a word, then after that, you need to go line things up for the next word, and so on, and so on...
And even with all that work.. some words, like "STR" in the second screen, will have a hard time fitting as they dont always line up perfectly.

topmenuprogress2.png

topmenuprogress3.png
if it's the set of usual nscr, ncgr and nclr files then you can use crystaltile2, it should line them up perfectly.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoNiNhUh said:
Is there any cheat codes?
I made some using EMUCheat. But have some fails, like, when you put your strenght to 9999 you receive 9999 stat points to distribute between the atribbutes, and you can't aply points in your intelligence.
Here they are:
HP 99999
0223D920 0000270F

SP 99999
0223D928 000003E7

STR 9999 (and stat points to distribute)
0221456C 0000270F

DEX 9999
02214574 0000270F

Debug to Can aply points in AGI.
02280F79 0000270F
Sorry if it's poor but i'm noob.The cheat codes from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ will work, and I think all of the above + more are included. The only thing is, each time I add the translated files to the game, it changes the GameID, so I've been holding off on offering any sort of support for cheats.
I'm not sure, but I think there's a way to change the GameID. If I can, I will change the GameID to be the one that is included on the files from cheat database.
If not, you will have to edit your cheat database manually (just grab the codes from cheat database and edit them accordingly).

Noitora said:
QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Jan 18 2009, 01:35 AM) Andyjayne (malodorous101 here) is working on editing the top menu.

[ Images linked rather than embedded ]
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/12/976...nuprogress2.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/12/976...nuprogress3.png
if it's the set of usual nscr, ncgr and nclr files then you can use crystaltile2, it should line them up perfectly.
CrystalTile is what Andy was using before, not sure why he switched.
Maybe it wasnt set to the proper width, but I believe this is what Andy had while using CT2.
topmenuprogress.png

I think there's a problem with spacing in the file itself, as in there were spacers removed at some point. I'm not sure.. I have absolutely no experience with this.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the chest in the first map desert is still bugged im not sure if u guys have fixed it yet but just letting u no every time i open this chest my screen freezes

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah swordsman class-menu error is still going out. But i got the blue haired guy lol and he works fine. I try changing to swords man and the menu bugs heh

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
one of the chest in the first map desert is still bugged im not sure if u guys have fixed it yet but just letting u no every time i open this chest my screen freezesDo you by chance know whats in the chest?
Is it the map?
If you're not sure, could you possibly load up the Japanese ROM, grab the chest, save, load the Translated ROM and check which item? (you'll have to do some file name swapping)

QUOTE(avatarwind @ Jan 20 2009, 01:31 AM) everytime now that i go to sagort desert i freeze when i go to menu or some time when i fight monsters
Is it always the same monster that freezes you?
If so, does that monster ALWAYS freeze you, or just sometimes?
You said "every time now", does that mean it didn't freeze before you did something, and if so, what?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
one of the chest in the first map desert is still bugged im not sure if u guys have fixed it yet but just letting u no every time i open this chest my screen freezesDo you by chance know whats in the chest?
Is it the map?
If you're not sure, could you possibly load up the Japanese ROM, grab the chest, save, load the Translated ROM and check which item? (you'll have to do some file name swapping)

QUOTE(avatarwind @ Jan 20 2009, 01:31 AM) everytime now that i go to sagort desert i freeze when i go to menu or some time when i fight monsters
Is it always the same monster that freezes you?
If so, does that monster ALWAYS freeze you, or just sometimes?
You said "every time now", does that mean it didn't freeze before you did something, and if so, what?

no i dont know whats in the chest because its written in japanese as soon i open it freezes and some time i go into menu it freezes
and when i go to the desert map i can play for about 30 min then it freezes the game.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
no i dont know whats in the chest because its written in japanese as soon i open it freezes and some time i go into menu it freezes
and when i go to the desert map i can play for about 30 min then it freezes the game.
Can you possibly take a picture of the message you get when you open the chest and upload the screenshot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Be the free-est you can be. XD